Full Server not so full

NaramSin.2693

Oh right.

Anyway, I just thought I'd pop in and mention that it might be an idea to change the way the FULL status is determined because it's clearly causing some enormous problems.

Someone on my server said that the developers stated, "We can't force people to play."

If players aren't playing, they shouldn't be contributing to the FULL status - seems obvious, right? How about that happens? For Christmas, for Thor, for the Flying Spaghetti Monster (all hail His noodly appendages)?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> Oh right.

>

> Anyway, I just thought I'd pop in and mention that it might be an idea to change the way the FULL status is determined because it's clearly causing some enormous problems.

>

> Someone on my server said that the developers stated, "We can't force people to play."

> **If players aren't playing, they shouldn't be contributing to the FULL status - seems obvious, right?** How about that happens? For Christmas, for Thor, for the Flying Spaghetti Monster (all hail His noodly appendages)?

>

You are right. It is so obvious that it is what is actually happening. I guess those dev posts referencing play hours kinda slipped by you in the last 4 years despite it being quoted and linked in almost all of these threads?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > Oh right.

> >

> > Anyway, I just thought I'd pop in and mention that it might be an idea to change the way the FULL status is determined because it's clearly causing some enormous problems.

> >

> > Someone on my server said that the developers stated, "We can't force people to play."

> > **If players aren't playing, they shouldn't be contributing to the FULL status - seems obvious, right?** How about that happens? For Christmas, for Thor, for the Flying Spaghetti Monster (all hail His noodly appendages)?

> >

>

> You are right. It is so obvious that it is what is actually happening. I guess those dev posts referencing play hours kinda slipped by you in the last 4 years despite it being quoted and linked in almost all of these threads?

>

>

Guess away, you'll never know the truth! NEVER!

Why would the devs post "posts referencing play hours", and then state something akin to, "our system doesn't work when players don't play"? Clearly there's some significant disparity between the point of measurement and the actual playing.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > Oh right.

> > >

> > > Anyway, I just thought I'd pop in and mention that it might be an idea to change the way the FULL status is determined because it's clearly causing some enormous problems.

> > >

> > > Someone on my server said that the developers stated, "We can't force people to play."

> > > **If players aren't playing, they shouldn't be contributing to the FULL status - seems obvious, right?** How about that happens? For Christmas, for Thor, for the Flying Spaghetti Monster (all hail His noodly appendages)?

> > >

> >

> > You are right. It is so obvious that it is what is actually happening. I guess those dev posts referencing play hours kinda slipped by you in the last 4 years despite it being quoted and linked in almost all of these threads?

> >

> >

> Guess away, you'll never know the truth! NEVER!

>

> Why would the devs post "posts referencing play hours", and then state something akin to, "our system doesn't work when players don't play"? Clearly there's some significant disparity between the point of measurement and the actual playing.

>

Yes. Because play hours and players playing are so different..,

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> We luv u Devvies so plz help nice ppl on BG during special holiday season n give BG link n keep BG open until January 6th 2020! ❤️ ❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️

Will you just STOP!!!! ?

????????

Though that post might actually get someone to report this and get it closed lol.

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > We luv u Devvies so plz help nice ppl on BG during special holiday season n give BG link n keep BG open until January 6th 2020! ❤️ ❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️

>

> Will you just STOP!!!! ?

>

> ????????

>

> Though that post might actually get someone to report this and get it closed lol.

But it’s true! BG really needs our help! And it’s the best time of year to do it! BG always gives back to the community, and entire game, 10 fold, but sometimes they need some luv and support too!

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > We luv u Devvies so plz help nice ppl on BG during special holiday season n give BG link n keep BG open until January 6th 2020! ❤️ ❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️❄️❤️

> >

> > Will you just STOP!!!! ?

> >

> > ????????

> >

> > Though that post might actually get someone to report this and get it closed lol.

>

> But it’s true! BG really needs our help! And it’s the best time of year to do it! BG always gives back to the community, and entire game, 10 fold, but sometimes they need some luv and support too!

Well that may be true...

Of course, I think we’ve seen more ‘Piken is soooo abused’ threads over the last few months..

I think some of the BG ones are so they don’t feel left out....

> @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> Well in all fairness Piken hasnt had a linking since umm..yeah that long, its been ages since i saw Piken with a link. I would understand Piken not having a link due to being a bandwagon server but that hasnt been the case for a very very long time.

Yep. And everyone on the evil empire sends you their sympathies.

> > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > Well in all fairness Piken hasnt had a linking since umm..yeah that long, its been ages since i saw Piken with a link. I would understand Piken not having a link due to being a bandwagon server but that hasnt been the case for a very very long time.

>

> Yep. And everyone on the evil empire sends you their sympathies.

Yes! Please open BG and Piken and link BG and Piken together!

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > Well in all fairness Piken hasnt had a linking since umm..yeah that long, its been ages since i saw Piken with a link. I would understand Piken not having a link due to being a bandwagon server but that hasnt been the case for a very very long time.

> >

> > Yep. And everyone on the evil empire sends you their sympathies.

>

> Yes! Please open BG and Piken and link BG and Piken together!

Phew.... all that and a bag of chips...

As a reminder to everyone, we should never request servers to be opened and should never request specific links as that would be against forum rules.

Which, for the third time, still amazes me that the FA one, and the BG one were closed and this one is still opened.

Evidently those who like to report these things are enjoying this thread too much lol.

My assumption is that threshold from which onwards a server is considered as "full" was decreased manually by anet to fight players stacking on few servers. I have been monitoring the number of medium servers (EU only) for some time now. We had 15 of them during September and October. However, in November the number decreased to 12 and it is now at 13. I myself play on fsp. If I judge by the number of maps which have a queue or the number of players in a queue, I would say that the number of players rather declined than increased (we are in a t1 matchup, so a server-linkage with many players). Thus, my assumption of a manual decrease of the threshold.

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > > Well in all fairness Piken hasnt had a linking since umm..yeah that long, its been ages since i saw Piken with a link. I would understand Piken not having a link due to being a bandwagon server but that hasnt been the case for a very very long time.

> > >

> > > Yep. And everyone on the evil empire sends you their sympathies.

> >

> > Yes! Please open BG and Piken and link BG and Piken together!

>

> Phew.... all that and a bag of chips...

>

> As a reminder to everyone, we should never request servers to be opened and should never request specific links as that would be against forum rules.

>

> Which, for the third time, still amazes me that the FA one, and the BG one were closed and this one is still opened.

>

> Evidently those who like to report these things are enjoying this thread too much lol.

Everytime I see a comment from you, I think what's happen why he hate so muck PS ? Have they disbanded so many times him//her ? Because you know so much about PS but I do not believe you are not in that server.

> @"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > > > Well in all fairness Piken hasnt had a linking since umm..yeah that long, its been ages since i saw Piken with a link. I would understand Piken not having a link due to being a bandwagon server but that hasnt been the case for a very very long time.

> > > >

> > > > Yep. And everyone on the evil empire sends you their sympathies.

> > >

> > > Yes! Please open BG and Piken and link BG and Piken together!

> >

> > Phew.... all that and a bag of chips...

> >

> > As a reminder to everyone, we should never request servers to be opened and should never request specific links as that would be against forum rules.

> >

> > Which, for the third time, still amazes me that the FA one, and the BG one were closed and this one is still opened.

> >

> > Evidently those who like to report these things are enjoying this thread too much lol.

>

> Everytime I see a comment from you, I think what's happen why he hate so muck PS ? Have they disbanded so many times him//her ? Because you know so much about PS but I do not believe you are not in that server.

Ahh. Nope. Don’t know anyone on Piken. Know people on the evil empire. That server that shall remain nameless has received this treatment for the past 2 years, opening twice, and receiving links on 4 occasions during that time.

And each time, they were flamed on this forum.

I won’t flame Piken. But I certainly feel like they should be treated no differently than any full server.

Thus: ‘The evil empire sends you their regards’