GW2 is becoming more like GW1?

> @"Gryphon.2875" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > I really wish they added some kind of dragon age companions. Where they can help out in some group content, and also you can romance and have a relationship or friendship with them. I think many mmos would benefit from this. I know it would make much sense if you have 53i3i84828384 people supposedly romancing the same npc, but again we're all supposed to be the pact commander so I don't know how different this would be. I think it adds up a lot of depth to the companion system in general.

>

> You just described SWTOR.

what a flop. ooops , I mean what a great game

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"Gryphon.2875" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > I really wish they added some kind of dragon age companions. Where they can help out in some group content, and also you can romance and have a relationship or friendship with them. I think many mmos would benefit from this. I know it would make much sense if you have 53i3i84828384 people supposedly romancing the same npc, but again we're all supposed to be the pact commander so I don't know how different this would be. I think it adds up a lot of depth to the companion system in general.

> >

> > You just described SWTOR.

>

>

> what a flop. ooops , I mean what a great game

There are people that play and like it.

> @"Gryphon.2875" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > > @"Gryphon.2875" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > I really wish they added some kind of dragon age companions. Where they can help out in some group content, and also you can romance and have a relationship or friendship with them. I think many mmos would benefit from this. I know it would make much sense if you have 53i3i84828384 people supposedly romancing the same npc, but again we're all supposed to be the pact commander so I don't know how different this would be. I think it adds up a lot of depth to the companion system in general.

> > >

> > > You just described SWTOR.

> >

> >

> > what a flop. ooops , I mean what a great game

>

> There are people that play and like it.

I still play SWTOR from time to time, and sadly I feel like it has a more stable future than GW2 at this point. I would never have agreed with the previous sentence shortly after PoF launch, but much has changed since then.

SWTOR crashed and burned early, and perversely I think that set expectations low enough that the devs of that game could get away with poorly executed choices, but not low enough that it ever stopped making money. That game right now very much feels like it's hit a very stable stride, they made some significant pvp reworks, and apparently has [made a ton of money](https://www.gamespot.com/articles/huge-mmo-star-wars-the-old-republic-has-made-close/1100-6471011/ "made a ton of money").

I haven't actually played GW1, but every since joining GW2 I've maintained an interest in trying it. I've watched videos and read as much as I could, and talked to a number of IRL friends who played GW1. From what all of those sources tell me, there's almost nothing comparable about how these games work, aside from shared lore and some cosmetics.

> @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> GW 2 should copy everything successful from GW1. The stories, the skill system, customizable weapons, no trade post, not everything dragon, expansion every 6 month etc..

You are naming at least 3 things I rather not see in GW2. That is the main issue. As there are people, there are opinions. The real power of gw2 was that it did things different then GW1. Or to go further, it did things different then any other game in the genre. It was innovative and refreshing. That is what is the main issue. People asking for feature x or y from game a or b and arenanet actually cathering them. They once had the power to be inventive and innovative and would wish them to return to this. Not cathering us in what we think is good, but having us amazed by what they deliver.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > GW 2 should copy everything successful from GW1. The stories, the skill system, customizable weapons, no trade post, not everything dragon, expansion every 6 month etc..

>

> You are naming at least 3 things I rather not see in GW2. That is the main issue. As there are people, there are opinions. The real power of gw2 was that it did things different then GW1. Or to go further, it did things different then any other game in the genre. It was innovative and refreshing. That is what is the main issue. People asking for feature x or y from game a or b and arenanet actually cathering them. They once had the power to be inventive and innovative and would wish them to return to this. Not cathering us in what we think is good, but having us amazed by what they deliver.

The lack of a trading post is one of the few things I do NOT miss. Spending hours standing in certain maps screaming WTB and WTT named weapons was not fun.