Trailers

Honestly, I hav always been baffled by the lack of a crowd we have for events compared to games like WoW, ESO, and Black Desert. I use to wonder why so many people were drawn to those groups over GW2. But honestly, after 4 years of playing on and off, I realize, as a game, gw2 is great but it is lacking in one major area above all others that keeps it in the shadows. Its lack of cinematic trailers and adverts. Compared to WoW or League of Legends, two games still considered at the top of their genre despite age of release in major part due to top notch cinematic arts and music, Guild Wars as a whole is not out there, not by a long shot. Hopefully You guys hop on the band wagon really soon and and show the present day gaming industry just how good this game really is!!!

It's going to come down to budgets for the most part. GW2's budget will be tiny compared to WoW and League of Legends. GW2 has done some decent looking cinematics before mind you, albeit not quite the quality of WoW, Diablo etc. Yes they grab attention, but they don't define a game from a longevity perspective. WoW and LoL are top of their respective genres more for how well they achieve their broad design goals as much as anything else. They hit the right tone, in the right way at the right time. They rake in money at a phenomenal rate to be able to afford to finance big budget cinematics.

Also, Anet is more artistic and conceptual with its designs. Budgets will come into it, but it is also a combination of doing its own thing and working off feedback from its existing fanbase who seem to appreciate the style in the main.

As for music, GW2's OST is of the highest order imo. I'm not in agreement that it is being bettered by any significant way by competitors.

Wow is a poisoned game slowly their numbers are trickling down to where eso has the most players in any mmo besides blade and soul atm.

Elder scrolls online perfected what guild wars 2 started in their map completion, but has more paid content then any other mmo in existence now.

World of Warcraft has been tickling down their game to the point that it could be almost ported to consoles or mobile without much hassle at all. They just follow the rubric that the old game was based. Since activism on came on the scene the damage will seep further into content of all blizzard games.

Ncsoft is the only thing that holds back arena net from their full potential, as seen from earlier this years cut of employment from their team. The number rates at which money from gw2 goes to ncsoft is 50% from all black lion trading company sales and I’m not sure about the rest, but of that 50% that does not go to ncsoft they are able to keep all guild wars 2 servers up and guild wars 1 functioning and have bug fixes.

> @"Wargauge.6175" said:

> Honestly, I hav always been baffled by the lack of a crowd we have for events compared to games like WoW, ESO, and Black Desert.

Can't speak about WoW or ESO but I'd disagree with claim that Black Desert has more people "for events" than GW2.

Well ok, it'd depend on what you mean by "events" in here.

If you mean as in open world events (akin to GW2s dynamic events, or meta events) then I'd like you to go visit any world boss in gw2 and then go out and compare the numbers with world bosses in BDO, and then to blow out BDO out of competition just go and visit any map with farm-worthy meta. In BDO you simply don;t see that kind of amounts of players in single place outside from node/conquest wars and these do not fall into "events" by that definition.

Now if you mean "Timed events" akin to Wintersday, then it'd very simple - GW2 has a handfull of seasonal events like this, while BDO just spams these like no tomorrow, because without them people would not feel incentivised enough to play their grind simulator.