I demand some explanation.

Kaburro.4712

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> You dont think the guys loosing 15-20 points on a 495 vs 500 are more justified to demand an explanation? Or do you only want an explanation for your lost points?

495 vs 500 (5v5) seems like a good game to me. Do you know why you lose 15-20 points in a game like that? Because you were supposed to carry the other 4, and you failed ;)

Welcome to GW2 and its matchmaking.

But go ahead, demand some explanation about that, good luck.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> you point also depends from your teammates and opposite team mmo rank.

> But not matter you lose 495 -500 or 350 -500,

Comon... think a little bit, we were 4v5 untill we were losing 0vs125, we still won... I guess we should have been given a medal (no got 16 pts) next match I lose 20? o.O

rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > @"lare.5129" said:

> > you point also depends from your teammates and opposite team mmo rank.

> > But not matter you lose 495 -500 or 350 -500,

>

> Comon... think a little bit, we were 4v5 untill we were losing 0vs125, we still won... I guess we should have been given a medal (no got 16 pts) next match I lose 20? o.O

This means they are really bad.... Should be grateful if the match making is close, then you should not come back.

> @"Crozame.4098" said:

> > @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > > @"lare.5129" said:

> > > you point also depends from your teammates and opposite team mmo rank.

> > > But not matter you lose 495 -500 or 350 -500,

> >

> > Comon... think a little bit, we were 4v5 untill we were losing 0vs125, we still won... I guess we should have been given a medal (no got 16 pts) next match I lose 20? o.O

>

> This means they are really bad.... Should be grateful if the match making is close, then you should not come back.

Do you read the whole post or just jump to conclusion?

> @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> > rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

>

> Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

You weren't asking about fair. You were asking about an explanation. You can now proceed to argue if it's fair or not, but you got your answer as to why and how the point system works.

Not even going to address the fact that most developers are out on holiday until the 2nd of January, which was clearly communicated in recent dev messages.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> > > rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

> >

> > Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

>

> You weren't asking about fair. You were asking about an explanation. You can now proceed to argue if it's fair or not, but you got your answer as to why and how the point system works.

I kinda been asking the same thing (in different ways but the same thing) here for 7 years and is not your answer that will stop me from asking.

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > > > @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> > > > rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

> > >

> > > Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

> >

> > You weren't asking about fair. You were asking about an explanation. You can now proceed to argue if it's fair or not, but you got your answer as to why and how the point system works.

>

> I kinda been asking the same thing (in different ways but the same thing) here for 7 years and is not your answer that will stop me from asking.

I'm not stopping you in any way. I was pointing out that you yourself are unclear on what you were asking for. Obviously because you wanted to vent and make a loaded subject. I could care less how useful or sane this approach is. That's all up to you.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > > > > @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> > > > > rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

> > > >

> > > > Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

> > >

> > > You weren't asking about fair. You were asking about an explanation. You can now proceed to argue if it's fair or not, but you got your answer as to why and how the point system works.

> >

> > I kinda been asking the same thing (in different ways but the same thing) here for 7 years and is not your answer that will stop me from asking.

>

> I'm not stopping you in any way. I was pointing out that you yourself are unclear on what you were asking for. Obviously because you wanted to vent and make a loaded subject. I could care less how useful or sane this approach is. That's all up to you.

Have you ever seen a guy spending 1000 euro in gw2 in one day?

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > @"Ashkew.6584" said:

> > rating gain or loss is calculated based on the total team rating compared to enemy team rating i think. so if your team has total of 2000 and enemy 1200 you have high chance of winning. if you lose that game you lose a lot of points, if you win that game you gain little points, cuz your team was favored forr the win

>

> Yes, But is it fair to have to carry your team? Taking into account matchmaking knows your mmr, would't be fair to balance teams instead of hopping that you carry the other 4?

Yeah, I think this is the heart of frustration. I understand the statistics of multiple games creating rank and average ratings on both teams creating a match between two teams. But the unfair thing is that only 1/5 of the teammates has a really strong rated player.

For duo Q, there's such a strong advantage cause only a second good player is needed to heavily change the outcome of a game.

When you solo Q, a lot of times you're just praying that the match maker gives you at least one more decent player. Even though most of the time, it's just you trying to carry a whole team.

Rating gain/loss is mainly determined by how much your rating deviates from your entire teams average MMR.

If you are the highest rated player in your team you will gain less rating from a win and lose more rating from a loss (in comparison to your teammates).

Vice versa if you are the lowest rated player.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> Rating gain/loss is mainly determined by how much your rating deviates from your entire teams average MMR.

> If you are the highest rated player in your team you will gain less rating from a win and lose more rating from a loss (in comparison to your teammates).

> Vice versa if you are the lowest rated player.

I get that and I know... But you still think is fair that "I" have to try harder with a chance to win a little and if I don't win I lose a lot? Where is the fun in that? Is not that an abligation to carry your team just because you have higher mmr?

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > Rating gain/loss is mainly determined by how much your rating deviates from your entire teams average MMR.

> > If you are the highest rated player in your team you will gain less rating from a win and lose more rating from a loss (in comparison to your teammates).

> > Vice versa if you are the lowest rated player.

>

> I get that and I know... But you still think is fair that "I" have to try harder with a chance to win a little and if I don't win I lose a lot? Where is the fun in that? Is not that an abligation to carry your team just because you have higher mmr?

In terms of programming if there is an mmr and matchmaker knows the deviation why not make teams with same mmr? I could tell you why, but I need to speak about those guys who spend 1000€ in one day qnd I dont want to. (and if you are smart you will know why some players need to be carryed)

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > Rating gain/loss is mainly determined by how much your rating deviates from your entire teams average MMR.

> > > If you are the highest rated player in your team you will gain less rating from a win and lose more rating from a loss (in comparison to your teammates).

> > > Vice versa if you are the lowest rated player.

> >

> > I get that and I know... But you still think is fair that "I" have to try harder with a chance to win a little and if I don't win I lose a lot? Where is the fun in that? Is not that an abligation to carry your team just because you have higher mmr?

>

> In terms of programming if there is an mmr and matchmaker knows the deviation why not make teams with same mmr? I could tell you why, but I need to speak about those guys who spend 1000€ in one day qnd I dont want to. (and if you are smart you will know why some players need to be carryed)

The matchmaker will give a fair fight based on your teams average Glicko-2 rating. The variance between both teams attempts to make it 0 but there will be cases where it's within a few rating points.

> @"Kaburro.4712" said:

> > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > Rating gain/loss is mainly determined by how much your rating deviates from your entire teams average MMR.

> > > If you are the highest rated player in your team you will gain less rating from a win and lose more rating from a loss (in comparison to your teammates).

> > > Vice versa if you are the lowest rated player.

> >

> > I get that and I know... But you still think is fair that "I" have to try harder with a chance to win a little and if I don't win I lose a lot? Where is the fun in that? Is not that an abligation to carry your team just because you have higher mmr?

>

> In terms of programming if there is an mmr and matchmaker knows the deviation why not make teams with same mmr? I could tell you why, but I need to speak about those guys who spend 1000€ in one day qnd I dont want to. (and if you are smart you will know why some players need to be carryed)

The reason is rather obvious. Do you really not know?

Because if they did that, queue times would be 30 minutes, not 3 minutes.

Nothing to do with whales. One of the best things about GW2 PvP is that it is free of P2W or Grind2Win (apart from, I guess, the expansions).