How trustworthy is this MMORPG ranking? (GW2 is pretty well placed in it)

Arden.7480

"Also, the player counts are all estimates based on API’s available and external sources that gather data on user behavior."

What ever is external source. I wouldnt rate a game based only on popularity. For example wow is Old game, where a lot of PPL play out of nostalgia, but for me it has to many issues to be considered as good.

I played few mmos, and for me Gw2 is the Best, it just lacks regular repeatable content

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> "Also, the player counts are all estimates based on API’s available and external sources that gather data on user behavior."

> What ever is external source. I wouldnt rate a game based only on popularity. For example wow is Old game, where a lot of PPL play out of nostalgia, but for me it has to many issues to be considered as good.

> I played few mmos, and for me Gw2 is the Best, it just lacks regular repeatable content

that's a valuable observation

If the numbers are based on fan sites collecting data via APIs they're likely to be much lower than the actual numbers because it will only be counting people who use those sites. Unless they estimated what percentage of players are likely to use each site and scaled it up from there, in which case it's only as accurate as their guesswork to scale it up.