[Suggestions] Better Toypocalypse

Corgam.1496

Hi,

I think that I'm not the only one who finds Toypocalypse borring after a while,

it's really long and later in the game you can just stand in one place and watch your catapults do their job.

So thats why I'm writing this post with ideas for improving this gamemode, I would be happy to see them in the game:

- It's really slow to walk around the map, so now that we had mounts for a little while, maybe its time to add them to the Toypocalypse. Maybe even a special plush one?

- Ballistas are useless if you compare them with catapults, maybe there should be a reason for building them? I propose new flying enemies that catapults cannot hit.

- New end boss would be great, maybe a flying toy Jormag, so catapults won't help with the end battle?

- Visual indicator for all levels of walls, catapults and so on.Shouldn't crystalline wall should be a little more.. crystal?

- Upgrading your weapons would be great, to get more skills on them, better damage or reduced cooldown

- Also upgrading your character would be awesome. Some NPC from which you can buy buffs that make you run faster, hit harder and be better! ;)

- Simple thing, a timer between the waves.

I don't know If there was a post like this, share your ideas and thoughts down below,

and I hope ArenaNet will see it ;)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Corgam

- Toy Repair Pistol should actually be able to repair things or else be called a toy reprogramming pistol

- Skritt mercs should last longer once hired or keep their lifespan, but have a secondary skill set in repairing things

- Remove the build limit or instead remove the ability to place new siege once the limit is reached (still drop mats, but only allow upgrades of existing siege until destroyed; yes this could be abused, but most people wouldn't bother doing so)

- Seconding an indicator for the build limit, conveyance is very important and some players have no idea the limit exists at all

- Seconding visual indicators for upgrade levels on toys and walls (spiky crystal walls, green peppermint ballistas, angry mega snowmen)

- Automatically grant the presents for each reward round instead of physically spawning them on the ground or make them autoloot as you run over them; they glitch out and sometimes despawn before players can get to them

- Have another look at some of the indestructible items in the area; several trees and buildings are unable to be salvaged for parts and sit there mocking you for all eternity

- Reduce the amount of toys per wave to cut down on the overall time sink of the activity (reduce the limit on siege to match)

- Move the battle with Toxx to the upper levels of the Infinirarium (via the teleporter) so that players must split off from their siege to go and battle her for bonus rewards

Unrelated to Toypocalypse, but if you could also give us a plush baby griffon mount skin, that'd be nice.

It's a minor minigame in one festival. I agree it could be improved, but any suggestions should consider balancing the benefits against dev time. Just take a look at how long it takes the majority of instances to reach that tipping point where a player can safely afk and reduce the number of rounds to that number, adjusting rewards accordingly . . .

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I think the biggest improvement would be simply to make it shorter. Once it gets to round 5 it's pretty much decided, unless everyone goes AFK it's not going to fail. (And it might be ok even with everyone going AFK.)

If everyone goes AFK the bigger risk would be everyone getting kicked from the game due to a lack of activity.

> @"Corgam.1496" said:

> Hi,

> I think that I'm not the only one who finds Toypocalypse borring after a while,

> it's really long and later in the game you can just stand in one place and watch your catapults do their job.

> So thats why I'm writing this post with ideas for improving this gamemode, I would be happy to see them in the game:

>

> - It's really slow to walk around the map, so now that we had mounts for a little while, maybe its time to add them to the Toypocalypse. Maybe even a special plush one?

> - Ballistas are useless if you compare them with catapults, maybe there should be a reason for building them? I propose new flying enemies that catapults cannot hit.

> - New end boss would be great, maybe a flying toy Jormag, so catapults won't help with the end battle?

> - Visual indicator for all levels of walls, catapults and so on.Shouldn't crystalline wall should be a little more.. crystal?

> - Upgrading your weapons would be great, to get more skills on them, better damage or reduced cooldown

> - Also upgrading your character would be awesome. Some NPC from which you can buy buffs that make you run faster, hit harder and be better! ;)

> - Simple thing, a timer between the waves.

>

> I don't know If there was a post like this, share your ideas and thoughts down below,

> and I hope ArenaNet will see it ;)

>

> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

> Corgam

None of that would really make it much better. As you have pointed it out, beyond a certain point you can basically go AFK. Unless that gets addressed nothing else would make it better. So what if your weapons can do more with your weapon and you can move around faster when you don't even have to do anything.

> @"maidiance.6920" said:

> I just want an indicator for the build limit. So many times I have seen people destroying tier 3 siege to place tier 1 siege which never gets upgraded.

Yes please to this idea. Even telling people in map chat sometimes doesn't work. I've seen siege covering one area entirely disappear because of later building. And then the mobs come in.

Most people do not appear to know there is a siege cap. A cap should be a cap - no more siege building. Just like the wvw siege cap works. If siege is to be removed, then one of the toys we can pick up could be used to remove the siege piece.