I would give up an entire YEAR of content updates for a Necromancer rework

Xxnecroxx.4039

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> >

> > :boggle:

>

> I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

Well yeah every class has its ups and downs for instance ele has 2 invulns but its cd on its port is considerably worse than necro or guardians, and necros can invest in 2 ports.

Guardians supposedly are necro slow. I wouldn't know but that's what I heard. Guess they don't get much swiftness or superspeed.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> >

> > :boggle:

>

> I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

And those are? Aside from the really nice trait necros have that changes signets. I really love that trait and how it interacts with shroud, even if it doesn't see much use.

> @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> > >

> > > :boggle:

> >

> > I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

>

> And those are? Aside from the really nice trait necros have that changes signets. I really love that trait and how it interacts with shroud, even if it doesn't see much use.

No, trait is about it, really. Traited Signet of Undeath has a far shorter cooldown in practice than any other revive skill in the game.

Of course, the "hit yourself for 10k" makes that low cooldown irrelevant, regardless of how often allies are going down nearby.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> > > >

> > > > :boggle:

> > >

> > > I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

> >

> > And those are? Aside from the really nice trait necros have that changes signets. I really love that trait and how it interacts with shroud, even if it doesn't see much use.

>

> No, trait is about it, really. Traited Signet of Undeath has a far shorter cooldown in practice than any other revive skill in the game.

>

> Of course, the "hit yourself for 10k" makes that low cooldown irrelevant, regardless of how often allies are going down nearby.

Rip. Now, if anet changed it to deal no damage (consume LF instead or something - 3-5k), and then have the trait make it give stab on cast...That would be appropriate, usable, and not OP I think.

I've been testing out a signet-y setup in unranked lately - cleanse signet, heal, and rez. Using the rez, then heal, then popping into shroud for the multi-hit shroud4 attack to heal up is interesting, and the heal is usually off CD when I come out of shroud due to the trait. It's...okay. Having an elite signet would be nice - necro seems riddled with absolutely **garbage** elite skills if you don't have an elite spec.

The signet heal is pretty cool too, but necro seems to lack any sort of way to actually make use of the life leech part - hits are too slow, opponents are too evasive.

> @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > > > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> > > > >

> > > > > :boggle:

> > > >

> > > > I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

> > >

> > > And those are? Aside from the really nice trait necros have that changes signets. I really love that trait and how it interacts with shroud, even if it doesn't see much use.

> >

> > No, trait is about it, really. Traited Signet of Undeath has a far shorter cooldown in practice than any other revive skill in the game.

> >

> > Of course, the "hit yourself for 10k" makes that low cooldown irrelevant, regardless of how often allies are going down nearby.

>

> Rip. Now, if anet changed it to deal no damage (consume LF instead or something - 3-5k), and then have the trait make it give stab on cast...That would be appropriate, usable, and not OP I think.

Your I'd is going to be unbalanced. There are likely more reasons but I have the two below off the top of my head:

Doesn't need stab. Has the fastest cast time of them all iirc. Glyph and Mercy are at 2s and it's at 1.5.

It should also never cost LF because it generates it. Even at the near minimal cooldown if the signed if you spend all of its cooldown in shroud you would have gotten back just under half of your suggested cost , without the trait , or just over with the trait from the signet alone by the time it's ready to be used again.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > > > @"Curennos.9307" said:

> > > > > > Anet thinks making necro's rez signet chunk the necro for almost 10k health is a GOOD change while not actually doing anything more than guardian's version.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > :boggle:

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean it does have its upsides and strengths when compared to Signet of Mercy.

> > > >

> > > > And those are? Aside from the really nice trait necros have that changes signets. I really love that trait and how it interacts with shroud, even if it doesn't see much use.

> > >

> > > No, trait is about it, really. Traited Signet of Undeath has a far shorter cooldown in practice than any other revive skill in the game.

> > >

> > > Of course, the "hit yourself for 10k" makes that low cooldown irrelevant, regardless of how often allies are going down nearby.

> >

> > Rip. Now, if anet changed it to deal no damage (consume LF instead or something - 3-5k), and then have the trait make it give stab on cast...That would be appropriate, usable, and not OP I think.

>

> Your I'd is going to be unbalanced. There are likely more reasons but I have the two below off the top of my head:

>

> Doesn't need stab. Has the fastest cast time of them all iirc. Glyph and Mercy are at 2s and it's at 1.5.

>

> It should also never cost LF because it generates it. Even at the near minimal cooldown if the signed if you spend all of its cooldown in shroud you would have gotten back just under half of your suggested cost , without the trait , or just over with the trait from the signet alone by the time it's ready to be used again.

1.5 seconds is still an extremely long time - the difference is negligible. Any necro build that uses the rez signet will be much, much more vulnerable to CC than any guardian build that uses their rez signet.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part. Signets do not work in shroud without the GM trait - the gm trait, however, does not make the passive work when they are on cooldown, so using the rez signet before going into shroud wouldn't give you any LF.

Edit: Tested and it gives you the passive in shroud even when the signet is on cooldown, my bad. Yeah, that would be too much. LF cost could easily be adjusted though/something could be fiddled with.