Dear Anet, Most recent survey - left behind

This message is directly to Anet, but I felt everyone in the forums should hear this.

When I play Guild Wars 2 I put time,energy, and money into a game I truly enjoy, I do so for the pleasure of enjoying the company of my guildmates and millions upon millions of those that enjoy the same game I enjoy. I've been asked to take survey's pertaining to WvW and other general play since pre-release seven years ago and continue to play on a daily basis.

I believe it was earlier this month Anet released and asked via email if I'd be willing to take a survey to to give my thoughts on the game. As someone that's been playing since pre-release I was more than happy and excited to give my opinions and feedback. The day the survey came through I clicked on the link and was greeted with the message "this survey is not currently active" or something along those lines.

Why am I writing this now and not earlier this month when I couldn't voice my opinions?

After taking time to enjoy the holidays I am now responding that I am extremely displeased and disappointed with Anet that I could not make my voice be heard. I have ideas on how to help improve WvW, but if I can't voice my opinion then I guess there may be no point in continuing to play and support Guild Wars 2 and Anet.

> @"mechanicalman.8645" said:

> This message is directly to Anet, but I felt everyone in the forums should hear this.

>

> When I play Guild Wars 2 I put time,energy, and money into a game I truly enjoy, I do so for the pleasure of enjoying the company of my guildmates and millions upon millions of those that enjoy the same game I enjoy. I've been asked to take survey's pertaining to WvW and other general play since pre-release seven years ago and continue to play on a daily basis.

>

> I believe it was earlier this month Anet released and asked via email if I'd be willing to take a survey to to give my thoughts on the game. As someone that's been playing since pre-release I was more than happy and excited to give my opinions and feedback. The day the survey came through I clicked on the link and was greeted with the message "this survey is not currently active" or something along those lines.

>

> Why am I writing this now and not earlier this month when I couldn't voice my opinions?

>

> After taking time to enjoy the holidays I am now responding that I am extremely displeased and disappointed with Anet that I could not make my voice be heard. I have ideas on how to help improve WvW, but if I can't voice my opinion then I guess there may be no point in continuing to play and support Guild Wars 2 and Anet.

Those alleged surveys are supposed to private, you're not supposed to talk about those alleged surveys as the message tells you when you submit to taking the survey. Also, those alleged surveys are valid for one single day only, if you don't take them right away or the email is delayed for any reason or you're away and don't see the e-mail for a day or two later then it's already to late.

I'm guessing most of us didn't even get that email.

I certainly didn't, and I too have plenty of ideas that could be put into practice.

But aren't most questions in a survey already pre defined multiple choice that you have to tick?

They only give you a small section in the end for extra comments.

Not sure if a survey would be the ideal place to share your ideas.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"mechanicalman.8645" said:

> > This message is directly to Anet, but I felt everyone in the forums should hear this.

> >

> > When I play Guild Wars 2 I put time,energy, and money into a game I truly enjoy, I do so for the pleasure of enjoying the company of my guildmates and millions upon millions of those that enjoy the same game I enjoy. I've been asked to take survey's pertaining to WvW and other general play since pre-release seven years ago and continue to play on a daily basis.

> >

> > I believe it was earlier this month Anet released and asked via email if I'd be willing to take a survey to to give my thoughts on the game. As someone that's been playing since pre-release I was more than happy and excited to give my opinions and feedback. The day the survey came through I clicked on the link and was greeted with the message "this survey is not currently active" or something along those lines.

> >

> > Why am I writing this now and not earlier this month when I couldn't voice my opinions?

> >

> > After taking time to enjoy the holidays I am now responding that I am extremely displeased and disappointed with Anet that I could not make my voice be heard. I have ideas on how to help improve WvW, but if I can't voice my opinion then I guess there may be no point in continuing to play and support Guild Wars 2 and Anet.

>

> Those alleged surveys are supposed to private, you're not supposed to talk about those alleged surveys as the message tells you when you submit to taking the survey. Also, those alleged surveys are valid for one single day only, if you don't take them right away or the email is delayed for any reason or you're away and don't see the e-mail for a day or two later then it's already to late.

They don't say anything about being 'private', just ask that you don't pass the survey on to someone else.

Here is the text:

_Listening to our community is vital to making Guild Wars 2. We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a short survey. This survey is an opportunity to influence our development process—your opinions will go straight to the designers, artists, and engineers at ArenaNet._

_You've been individually selected for this mission, so please don't forward the invitation to anyone else. This is your chance to be heard and to help us make Guild Wars 2 the best game it can be._

It is a major over reaction given you have a format to share your ideas - the wvw sub forum. You have all the space to write what you want as opposed to a quick fire tick box survey.

If you don’t want to play GW2 anymore well that’s up to you, but if you want to provide ideas, then the forums and reddit are the perfect place for you and provide exactly what you want.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Seems a bit extreme over a survey. You, and everyone else is welcome, and encouraged, to give feedback here in the forums.

LOL---true, but then again anets consistent and daily responses to players questions and concerns are overwhelming, maybe they should get a forum communications team lead to co-ordinate.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Seems a bit extreme over a survey. You, and everyone else is welcome, and encouraged, to give feedback here in the forums.

>

> LOL---true, but then again anets consistent and daily responses to players questions and concerns are overwhelming, maybe they should get a forum communications team lead to co-ordinate.

Aye, but they wouldn't respond to a survey either. Plus these things tend to get filtered into metrics and not necessarily openly read by all like forums

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"mechanicalman.8645" said:

> > > This message is directly to Anet, but I felt everyone in the forums should hear this.

> > >

> > > When I play Guild Wars 2 I put time,energy, and money into a game I truly enjoy, I do so for the pleasure of enjoying the company of my guildmates and millions upon millions of those that enjoy the same game I enjoy. I've been asked to take survey's pertaining to WvW and other general play since pre-release seven years ago and continue to play on a daily basis.

> > >

> > > I believe it was earlier this month Anet released and asked via email if I'd be willing to take a survey to to give my thoughts on the game. As someone that's been playing since pre-release I was more than happy and excited to give my opinions and feedback. The day the survey came through I clicked on the link and was greeted with the message "this survey is not currently active" or something along those lines.

> > >

> > > Why am I writing this now and not earlier this month when I couldn't voice my opinions?

> > >

> > > After taking time to enjoy the holidays I am now responding that I am extremely displeased and disappointed with Anet that I could not make my voice be heard. I have ideas on how to help improve WvW, but if I can't voice my opinion then I guess there may be no point in continuing to play and support Guild Wars 2 and Anet.

> >

> > Those alleged surveys are supposed to private, you're not supposed to talk about those alleged surveys as the message tells you when you submit to taking the survey. Also, those alleged surveys are valid for one single day only, if you don't take them right away or the email is delayed for any reason or you're away and don't see the e-mail for a day or two later then it's already to late.

>

> They don't say anything about being 'private', just ask that you don't pass the survey on to someone else.

>

> Here is the text:

>

> _Listening to our community is vital to making Guild Wars 2. We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a short survey. This survey is an opportunity to influence our development process—your opinions will go straight to the designers, artists, and engineers at ArenaNet._

>

> _You've been individually selected for this mission, so please don't forward the invitation to anyone else. This is your chance to be heard and to help us make Guild Wars 2 the best game it can be._

That's different...from another alleged survey that was allegedly sent out recently, it could've possibly said don't tell anyone about the alleged survey that I can neither confirm nor deny I received and took part in.

The entitlement with which the OP makes his/her statement is very extra!

"I was not able to speak my opinion because my opinion is valuable and precious and if you don't hear or agree with my opinion then you are [put in whatever you want]" ... Really?

Calm down, it's just a survey. My banks wants me to take a survey every 3 months and I never did that.

Also, with all due respect, your personal opinion might be valuable to you, but it is not important on a large scale. You are just 1 person in a big bucket full of other surverys. You are 1 rice corn in a big 100kg rice bag. So please, with all due respect, don't act up like you are somehow entitled to throw your "most precious and valuable" opinion in. That is not how surverys work. If the average score for question a) is 7.5 and your personal opinion is 2.0, it is still going to be 7.5 (Maybe 7.4 if the value is on the very edge) unless 1000 other people also change their mind because you choose to pick 2. But that is not how it works.

Where does all this self-entitlement come from in the past weeks/months? I don't get it.

I am also here since pre2012 and I never did a survey nor do I remember to ever recive an invitation. Am I mad? No! I don't care. What's the issue?!