It's been long enough, can we please buff ranger greatsword?

Sykes.5684

Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

It's on the weaker side, mainly due to the autoattacks, and the reduction from 50 % to 25 % on Maul was the obligatory knee jerk reaction Anet has with ranger. It's just number tweaks which, yes, it is obviously time for them to look at.

To say it has no use is an exaggeration.

> @Sykes.5684 said:

> Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

>

> I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

I'm curious as to why the Greatsword is so bad? I use it myself in my WvW build, i dont see the problem with it.

Block? Yes.

Interrupt? Yes.

Mobility? Yes.

Big hit damage? Yes

What exactly is wrong with the Greatsword that makes it so bad? I did notice the pets 50% damage on next hit is only 25% when used by the Ranger in Beastmode. Though i could kinda see why they would, as pets dont normally hit as hard as we can, even with 25% damage buff, my auto attack hits can hit for 4k+ though its normally like 2-3k against most non-zerk builds.

The greatsword has bad base damage and bad power scaling, but it's the case for every Ranger weapon, otherwise its skills are great. It's time for Ranger to get some power love, it just needs to see its auto-attacks deal more damage because its burst skills are among the best of the game, but in most situations it's clearly not enough, particularly in PvE.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

lol why does it have to equal sword dps? Because its a greatsword and is bigger, therefore it should hit harder

> > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> >

> > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

>

> I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > >

> > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> >

> > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

>

> It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

>

> Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

>

> Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

>

> In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

>

> A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast. Unlockable is in the game for a reason.

Also, they could buff GS3 if more dps is needed. Or GS4 activation. Give a choice between a block/disengage vs damage. Would combo well now that Maul doesn't consume its own AoO.

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > >

> > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > >

> > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> >

> > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> >

> > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> >

> > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> >

> > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> >

> > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

>

> Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

>

> Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

>

> Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

>

> GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

>

> Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

>

>

And yet in PvP Sword+anything is still superior in every build that would use Greatsword.

> @Draeyon.4392 said:

> They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast. Unlockable is in the game for a reason.

>

> Also, they could buff GS3 if more dps is needed. Or GS4 activation. Give a choice between a block/disengage vs damage. Would combo well now that Maul doesn't consume its own AoO.

It only does the actual counterattack if you are in range of a target, so if you can pretty much always get the full duration by kiting.

> @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > > >

> > > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> > >

> > > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> > >

> > > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> > >

> > > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> > >

> > > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> > >

> > > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

> >

> > Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

> >

> > Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

> >

> > Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

> >

> > GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

> >

> > Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

> >

> >

>

> And yet in PvP Sword+anything is still superior in every build that would use Greatsword.

For Bunker Druid, sure. Otherwise, GS is better. There is a reason it is used in *most* of the meta builds for PvP, it's got more utility.

> > @Draeyon.4392 said:

> > They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast. Unlockable is in the game for a reason.

> >

> > Also, they could buff GS3 if more dps is needed. Or GS4 activation. Give a choice between a block/disengage vs damage. Would combo well now that Maul doesn't consume its own AoO.

>

> It only does the actual counterattack if you are in range of a target, so if you can pretty much always get the full duration by kiting.

>

> > @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > > > >

> > > > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> > > >

> > > > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> > > >

> > > > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> > > >

> > > > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> > > >

> > > > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> > > >

> > > > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

> > >

> > > Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

> > >

> > > Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

> > >

> > > Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

> > >

> > > GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

> > >

> > > Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And yet in PvP Sword+anything is still superior in every build that would use Greatsword.

>

> For Bunker Druid, sure. Otherwise, GS is better. There is a reason it is used in *most* of the meta builds for PvP, it's got more utility.

What? What meta builds?

Sword alone is superior to greatsword. You only need to evade Maul once or twice in a fight to make greatsword damage irrelevant, any competent opponent is going to evade it every single time. Its block is mostly useless in a fight aswell, it's useless in melee as it locks you in an animation. AA does negligible damage. And what utility? The unreliable single target stun?

Sword alone has constant pressure, the better disengage and superior evades, and then the offhand of your choice. Mostly Warhorn for additional stealth with Smokescale.

Greatsword just sounds good on paper, it relies too much on a highly telegraphed skill.

Reduce Maul's cast time, sliiiightly reduce its damage, significantly increase AA damage and make its block not trigger the knockback by melee attacks (reduce block to 2 seconds to balance it, and make the knockback a choice like with Bandit's Defense), and then and only then we might be talking about a decent weapon.

> > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> >

> > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

>

Except sword is doing that job poorly. If our sword was at the same level as the thief one (a fair comparison, I would say), then sure. But it is far from it.

I know where your argument is coming from, but it's hardly a reason for not bumping up those auto-numbers. Both our two melee options got undertuned damage numbers on their autoattacks, and you know it. The sword even lacks a cleave still. They kneejerked the damage modifier on the sword trait in the specialization update. And so forth, and so forth.

I play double melee ranger a lot. It's my most played wvw roaming build. Haven't used it in pvp for a while. The sword isn't the "dps" option in that build, and it hasn't been since the animation change. It's the evade weapon with an optional offhand.

> @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > @Draeyon.4392 said:

> > > They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast. Unlockable is in the game for a reason.

> > >

> > > Also, they could buff GS3 if more dps is needed. Or GS4 activation. Give a choice between a block/disengage vs damage. Would combo well now that Maul doesn't consume its own AoO.

> >

> > It only does the actual counterattack if you are in range of a target, so if you can pretty much always get the full duration by kiting.

> >

> > > @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> > > > >

> > > > > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> > > > >

> > > > > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> > > > >

> > > > > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

> > > >

> > > > Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

> > > >

> > > > Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

> > > >

> > > > GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

> > > >

> > > > Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > And yet in PvP Sword+anything is still superior in every build that would use Greatsword.

> >

> > For Bunker Druid, sure. Otherwise, GS is better. There is a reason it is used in *most* of the meta builds for PvP, it's got more utility.

>

> What? What meta builds?

> Sword alone is superior to greatsword. You only need to evade Maul once or twice in a fight to make greatsword damage irrelevant, any competent opponent is going to evade it every single time. Its block is mostly useless in a fight aswell, it's useless in melee as it locks you in an animation. AA does negligible damage.

> Sword alone has constant pressure, the better disengage and superior evades, and then the offhand of your choice. Mostly Warhorn for additional stealth with Smokescale.

> Greatsword just sounds good on paper, it relies too much on a highly telegraphed skill.

>

> Reduce Maul's cast time, sliiiightly reduce its damage, significantly increase AA damage and make its block not trigger the knockback by melee attacks (reduce block to 2 seconds to balance it, and make the knockback a choice like with Bandit's Defense), and then and only then we might be talking about a decent weapon.

Every meta build except Bunker Druid.

> > @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > > @Draeyon.4392 said:

> > > > They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast. Unlockable is in the game for a reason.

> > > >

> > > > Also, they could buff GS3 if more dps is needed. Or GS4 activation. Give a choice between a block/disengage vs damage. Would combo well now that Maul doesn't consume its own AoO.

> > >

> > > It only does the actual counterattack if you are in range of a target, so if you can pretty much always get the full duration by kiting.

> > >

> > > > @Khenzy.9348 said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > > > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

> > > > >

> > > > > Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

> > > > >

> > > > > GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > And yet in PvP Sword+anything is still superior in every build that would use Greatsword.

> > >

> > > For Bunker Druid, sure. Otherwise, GS is better. There is a reason it is used in *most* of the meta builds for PvP, it's got more utility.

> >

> > What? What meta builds?

> > Sword alone is superior to greatsword. You only need to evade Maul once or twice in a fight to make greatsword damage irrelevant, any competent opponent is going to evade it every single time. Its block is mostly useless in a fight aswell, it's useless in melee as it locks you in an animation. AA does negligible damage.

> > Sword alone has constant pressure, the better disengage and superior evades, and then the offhand of your choice. Mostly Warhorn for additional stealth with Smokescale.

> > Greatsword just sounds good on paper, it relies too much on a highly telegraphed skill.

> >

> > Reduce Maul's cast time, sliiiightly reduce its damage, significantly increase AA damage and make its block not trigger the knockback by melee attacks (reduce block to 2 seconds to balance it, and make the knockback a choice like with Bandit's Defense), and then and only then we might be talking about a decent weapon.

>

> Every meta build except Bunker Druid.

Every single power Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast I see on plat 3 uses Sword+anything

Frosty, ROM and many others agree Greatsword is just not a competitive enough weapon.

/shrug

> @Draeyon.4392 said:

> They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast.

For real. Not just relying on kiting out of range or the jump trick while in melee. They could leave the counterattack knockback in melee as a manual activation then redistribute the damage and cripple of Crippling Throw elsewhere. Add the cripple to Swoop's attack and up Hilt Bash's damage to match CT's.

> @Wondrouswall.7169 said:

> > @Draeyon.4392 said:

> > They need to let GS4 block for the full duration regardless if you get hit or not. The throw/knockback should always be optional for a second cast.

>

> For real. Not just relying on kiting out of range or the jump trick while in melee. They could leave the counterattack knockback in melee as a manual activation then redistribute the damage and cripple of Crippling Throw elsewhere. Add the cripple to Swoop's attack and up Hilt Bash's damage to match CT's.

It would definitely be better if it acted like that.

I'm rather fond of Ranger GS myself. I agree it's DPS is not the best, but in exchange, you get *amazing* control. A single weapon has a leap, a debuff, a block, and a stun. I don't think there's any other weapon in the game that has all that in one. I am supremely confident in this weapon.

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > > > @Sykes.5684 said:

> > > > Title says it all, the greatsword for ranger has been a borderline trash weapon for years. Its entire kit is out-dps'ed by main hand sword autoattack alone. It deals the lowest damage of all the other greatswords used by other classes and has pitiful utility to make up for it. It has no place in any sort of serious content and is only recommended for open-world casual play or perhaps roleplaying purposes.

> > > >

> > > > I'm honestly a little surprised that it's been allowed to be this weak for this long, power ranger struggles enough as it is.

> > >

> > > I couldn't care less that it is out DPSed by Sword main hand, because that is the DPS option. This is stupid logic anyway, why does it have to equal sword DPS? The utility is amazing, not pitiful. It's a PvP/WvW/OW weapon and it does perfectly fine at that. I'd like to see 0.15 added to Slash/Slice and 0.08 to Power Stab AA co-efficients and make Hilt Bash more reliable but that's about it.

> >

> > It's not a utility option, what a silly thing to say.

> >

> > Mainhand sword offers evade, poison, leaps as well, and can be comboed with either offhand axe for a pull and reflect, or offhand dagger for poison+evade and a ranegd cripple.

> >

> > Please, if anything gretsword should be our raw DPS option considering all it provides in comparison is a single attack block and a single target stun.

> >

> > In PvE ranger greatsword needs buff on the realm of 40% to all its skills to even make it competitive.

> >

> > A maul with sic em currently still does less damage than a guardian's Whirling Wrath, and that sic em is only up 25% of the time while the guardian does his damage all the time....

>

> Thanks for the laugh, made my day.

>

> Utility; evade on AA, burst on 4s CD, leap/finisher with evade, block/ranged cripple, interrupt/stun that refreshes the burst lol that's as utility as you can get!

>

> Obviously, the devs have chosen MH sword as the raw DPS and it's fine that way. Do you realise you can block an infinite amount of attacks with Counterattack?

>

> GS is not a PvE weapon. Except OW where you can routinely 1-shot mobs.

>

> Maul is on half the CD WR is on Guard, go add up the damage values on those two taking that into account. Don't even use Sic Em.

>

>

Maul is on half the CD of whirling wrath but whirling wrath not the only rotational damaging skill guardian greatsword has.

"Burst", bugger off with your pitiful burst, you pvp people would call anything burst when it's done on tiny 15-17k healthpools.

You can't infinitely block with greatsword, it only applies to ranged attacks, melee attacks trigger the knockback.

Evade on an autoattack chain, which means you have to delay damage delivery to time an evade. Brilliant.

Not a PvE weapon. Apparently most weapons in this game aren't, because they're designed around your garbage format that barely anybody plays.