[Suggestion] Guild Wars 2 Merchandise - Card Game

Hey everyone :)

Just wanted to share an idea I had for Guild Wars 2 merchandise. Do you know a card game named Dixit? Here's a short explanation from wiki:

"Dixit is a card game created by Jean-Louis Roubira, illustrated by Marie Cardouat, and published by Libellud. Using a deck of cards illustrated with dreamlike images, players select cards that match a title suggested by the "storyteller", and attempt to guess which card the "storyteller" selected."

For me, it's one of the most beautiful card games ever. Every time I play this game I'm amazed by the beauty of the drawings. I think something like this could work for Guild Wars 2 - we have so many beautiful Guild Wars 2 drawings! :)

But anyway, this was just an idea. I'd like to hear your thoughts! @"ArenaNet Team.4819" what do you think? :)

And also, if you could create a Guild Wars 2 card game, what would it be like?

It may surprise you to know that one of the original concept artists, Kekai Kotaki, did and does illustrations for Wizards of the Coast; for both Magic: the Gathering, and Dungeons and Dragons. Possibly more, artists tend to get around in Seattle.

As far as a card game itself, I've oft-imagined a Tyria-based or themed Magic set; even drew up and play tested some cards. It was fun, but never got any "significant" attention. I'm particularly proud of giving the Norn creatures the "Werewolf" subtype, and exploring mechanically what it means to be a Werewolf vs a Shapeshifter.

Considering they've been doing such weird merchandising ($40 mousepads? Leggings that even the guy announcing them couldn't fit into?), it'd be nice if they did something simpler like a card game that anyone who likes Tyria could enjoy and that would be relatively cheap to produce and ship.

EDIT: The deck could even just be your standard 52-card with Joko Jokers. Basic card decks already have the ability to be played with in a variety of ways.

I'd also be on board for something like Candy Crush with GW2 characters as tiles or Polymock to be released as a phone game. If you could earn little tokens or use the app as an alternative way to get rewards you can already get in the game, that'd be nice as well. No pay to win, just another way to enjoy the franchise that kicks some money toward ArenaNet if people feel like buying it to play when they can't be at their computers.

Also, baseball caps (Red logo on black, black logo on white, etc). Sell those for like $15 a pop and generic game lanyards at $8-10. Reserve special editions of these as promotional items for events and special deals, but offer basic versions all the time to whoever wants to buy them.

In short, **ArenaNet should merchandise things a lot of people would buy at a price most people are okay with and that have a good chance of being seen/asked about in public by people who have never played the game.**

A card game is a good start, but there could be so much more.

I’d like to buy a deck of cards, that’d be cool. Not exactly what you meant but still.

Most of all though I’d kill for legos, I’d buy them all no question. More realistically, I wonder if we’d ever get action figures. I’d probably buy all those too. And pops are a good introduction to that world of marketing...