Awkward Mirage gameplay - compilation of mechanics from stress test

Esplen.3940

There must be something we're missing here. I hope that ANET wouldn't launch a specialization that was deliberately weaker than core.

Watching part of WP's video, one thing stood out. Axe 2 is a whirl finisher. So you could combo confusion. With nearly every release there have been one or more "easter egg" combos. I'm searching for what it is with Mirage.

One of the devs mentioned reformed Mirage Mirrors, ( in a face to face, ) as a major mechanic. So, one could perhaps get a double Ambush situation going? *That could be the reason they made ambush so weak.. anticipating that it would be used multiple times in a chain. Dodge > ambush > mirror ( aoe weakness ) > ambush>dodge>ambush and perhaps mirror again.*

The spec feels clunky and slow, but my intuition is that there is some super combo we're supposed to find. Think Ele chaining combinations through multiple elements.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @Carighan.6758 said:

> > If action camera is the solution, I want my problem back please.

> >

>

> Hahaha, nice. Action cam doesn't actually solve it due to the huge delay before you get free movement.

>

> Also I doubt anything will get changed as the devs stated on the Guild Chat that we lose mobility in favor of having options.

If thats the way the aproach the elite specs this time around is then they should nerf quite a few of the gen 1 tonbalance it because i dont lose anything when i go chrono or dd or druid etc.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> There must be something we're missing here. I hope that ANET wouldn't launch a specialization that was deliberately weaker than core.

>

> Watching part of WP's video, one thing stood out. Axe 2 is a whirl finisher. So you could combo confusion. With nearly every release there have been one or more "easter egg" combos. I'm searching for what it is with Mirage.

>

> One of the devs mentioned reformed Mirage Mirrors, ( in a face to face, ) as a major mechanic. So, one could perhaps get a double Ambush situation going? *That could be the reason they made ambush so weak.. anticipating that it would be used multiple times in a chain. Dodge > ambush > mirror ( aoe weakness ) > ambush>dodge>ambush and perhaps mirror again.*

>

> The spec feels clunky and slow, but my intuition is that there is some super combo we're supposed to find. Think Ele chaining combinations through multiple elements.

Double ambushes are wierd do to the1sec cd the ambush attacks have.

Thanks for having the time and patience to put into words and video many things that everybody described as clunky.

Still some are missing.

- Axe 3 fails like IA. Specially on moving targets for the same positioning range and rng. Even worse on z axis differences.

- The previous post mention it but forget one thing. Whirl finish is all fine and could possibly increase dps on combo fields. But the clone replaces a phantasm. Its a "rotten easter egg". The only clone spawning skill that should replace a phantasm is sword 3, for obvious reasons.

- Axe clone will spawn attached to nearest Target ( of the clone spawning point, or must say: delayed spawning position) and not to your target. Just like DE. Yes, its worse than u think. Give it a second though.

- Sword leap is fine for movement.. But you kinda waste ss since they occur at same time. Or you run and take advantage of ss, wasting leap, or u leap and waste ss.

- Rooting ambushes are mentioned already, they are bad. But I have to re-mention that Clones have no power dmg. Power dmg based ambushes are bad, condi dmg ambushes are boring and build limiting, you can only go with utility! Sword daze+leap is fine, staff could be a channeled block that dropped up to 3 staff auto bolts, gs could have boon rip and scepter is fine cause its a condi wep anyway, but drop the rooting part. Power dmg still important however... Make it better than autos at least

- Scepter ambush can blink you oor if your are at Max range already. Even worse if a target is already running from you.

- From 12 traits only 3 or 4 are good.

- Ye.. Mirage back or side dodges suck... Its not even just 75% of the cases ( front back left right) its more like 90% of the time.

- But hey, condi application on static golems is INSANE(LY unimpressive /s). Unfortunate that this is the kind of feedback ignorant ppl or unfamiliar with the class will take into account.

PS: stop trying to push "looking like a clone" or "deceiving by not knowing who the real mesmer is" mechanic as a big deal. It will never work... Unless you are calling most of your player base 1 finger monkeys.... Pls....