Just came back after a year, what to do?

Atom.1952

Hi! This is my first forum post, and I'm not too sure of the customs this forum has but I'll introduce myself first.

I'm Myhomeisacar (ingame) and about a year and a half ago I hit LVL 80. I'm pretty sure I had school or something that made me pause GW2. Anyhow, I'm literally just LVL 80, no ascended or anything just exotics.

My question is what am I meant to do? What do I start on? Where am I meant to head towards? Is there something I should do at LVL 80? What do I spent my time on?

Thanks! I wish you all the best.

To expand on Linken's answer:

Your options are the same as 1.5 years ago. Ideally find a part of the game you enjoy and run with that. The main differences will probably be mounts or some of the mounts which became available (Skyscale) and the story since you left.

It might be interesting to even start a new character to get back into the game. A lot of players try out a new class when returning before pick up their previous main.

Start working on fractals, WvW, Spvp, open world, collections/achievements, gear, builds, raids, mount races, etc. GW2 encourages (and even requires to some extent) for player to find which content they like in the game themselves to then play that content.

It is quite beneficial to join a guild and start playing with other players. It's both often more fun, and easier to get to know content.

Welcome back.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> To expand on Linken's answer:

> Your options are the same as 1.5 years ago. Ideally find a part of the game you enjoy and run with that. The main differences will probably be mounts or some of the mounts which became available (Skyscale) and the story since you left.

>

> It might be interesting to even start a new character to get back into the game. A lot of players try out a new class when returning before pick up their previous main.

>

> Start working on fractals, WvW, Spvp, open world, collections/achievements, gear, builds, raids, mount races, etc. GW2 encourages (and even requires to some extent) for player to find which content they like in the game themselves to then play that content.

>

> It is quite beneficial to join a guild and start playing with other players. It's both often more fun, and easier to get to know content.

>

> Welcome back.

Thanks! Lovely answer, will be sure to follow your tips. Have a great day.