50 Pets....only 1 can hit moving targets

Arheundel.6451

It'd be about time to decide about these ranger pets:

A- You either make them as an utility, reduce the dmg accordingly but now they become sort of utility skills ( you figure it out how)

B- Fix the pets, give them huge leaps with semi-instant activation **( a 2s animation leap like the Tiger one is 99% useless)**, I don't care whether you reduce the dmg or not...but having some dmg instead than none is better than nothing still.

This "one foot in and one foot out" working practice **must go**, stop beating the dead horse: if you're too afraid to implement certain mechanics....**then don't!**, add something easier for you to manage but give something worth having in game!

Having 50 pets with only 1 pet able to hit anything moving...makes zero sense, maybe you need to fill database space somehow? I dunno; maybe this is a reflection of the **office politics** going on because no matter what "certain" classes always end on the higher end of the spectrum...while "some" other perpetually sit at the bottom

You complain about pets.

Try landing a Hilt Bash on greatsword on a moving target or using the beastmode skill Worldly impact, which is an animation locked immbile stomp.

Virtually none of the ranger melee options work, which is why you see people camping longbow given that it's the only good weapon ranger has.

> @Zenith.7301 said:

> You complain about pets.

>

> Try landing a Hilt Bash on greatsword on a moving target or using the beastmode skill Worldly impact, which is an animation locked immbile stomp.

>

> Virtually none of the ranger melee options work, which is why you see people camping longbow given that it's the only good weapon ranger has.

????????????? ?????????? ?????????

Do people even read posts these days......?....what? Did you even read my post?

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > @Zenith.7301 said:

> > You complain about pets.

> >

> > Try landing a Hilt Bash on greatsword on a moving target or using the beastmode skill Worldly impact, which is an animation locked immbile stomp.

> >

> > Virtually none of the ranger melee options work, which is why you see people camping longbow given that it's the only good weapon ranger has.

>

> ????????????? ?????????? ?????????

> Do people even read posts these days......?....what? Did you even read my post?

I think he was agreeing with you just pointing out more ranger flaws.

I would want to move basicly ALL pet damage onto the ranger. Make them go back to being the utility they once were.

Kinda like Wolf, Spider and Krytan Drakehound. Having the Ranger, Druid or Soulbeast (mainly druid) run around in circles while having an AI controlled pet doing all the job is not a fun way to play as or against. Id say, buff the ranger damage by 30% something across the board. This way, rangers will maintain about the same damage. Have it more reliable. Don't have to bother AS much about keeping their pets alive vs double scourge, aswell as locking down the ranger will actually reduce the incoming damage onto yourself.

Personally, I think the melee pets should have their strike range increased. For example, say it's currently 130. The strike range should be buffed to 200.

However, this is to be accompanied with a line of code saying they only activate the skill when within 130 range of their target. Once the activation starts, it plays through, though. The pet will still have to initially close the gap (they are faster than players, so not that difficult), but they have a longer range to actually hit the moving target.

I'm just gonna quote this from GW2 Reddit:

"It's like ArenaNet is trying to balance a very fine line, and it's a problem that they've had since Guild Wars 1 for that matter.

They don't want the pet to be so smart that it's effectively free DPS, and have other classes complain that Rangers are OP EZ mode.

But on the same token, they don't want pet control to be so complex that Rangers complain they're effectively having to play two characters at once to get the effectiveness of one.

Yet, at the same time, they don't want to make the pet "cheap" like it is in WoW where the Hunter doesn't have to pay too much attention to the pet because it's practically immune to anything outside of direct damage.

But they ALSO don't want the pet to offer so little that the Ranger doesn't need the pet at all. Nor do they want Rangers to just not use the pet at all like was possible in GW1.

They've got this very narrow vision of what the Ranger's pet should be, but they can't make that vision happen and they aren't willing to compromise it in the slightest way.

Come on, guys. You've had over ten years to get pets to work the way you want them. If you haven't figured it out by now, you're not going to. Take the "L" on this and compromise."

This was from over a year ago, but I feel it's still true even with Soulbeast.

I honestly think pets should be there only for utility and not damage. The damage should be coming from ranger. This way it wouldn't be so bad if ranger's pet misses attack (and btw, not only pets suffer from issue, some spells from other classes have the issue as well).

That would also fix issue with rangers being able to run bunkerish build for example and still dealing unreasonable amount of damage via pet.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> I agree, pets should just become utilities, plus their F2 activation skill of course.

>

> It's stupid how some pets can do massive damage if they get to touch you, some others can actually knock you down based on pure luck.

So why is it ok for a warrior's F1 to do damage and cc, but a ranger's should be useless?

> @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > I agree, pets should just become utilities, plus their F2 activation skill of course.

> >

> > It's stupid how some pets can do massive damage if they get to touch you, some others can actually knock you down based on pure luck.

>

> So why is it ok for a warrior's F1 to do damage and cc, but a ranger's should be useless?

I don't think that's what he meant tbh