Downloading GW2 Files Remaining stuck at 49,100? (edit found solution)

Possible solution:

My knowledge of computer is very basic but I had and solved a similar problem when I changed my cumputer last year. The download of gw2 was constantly stopping after few secondes. I tried every Arenanet suggestions to solve the problem and it never worked. Then I tried Avast cleanup premium and poof, every problems were solved. Avast cleanup shut down all unnecessary program that runs in background (STEAM, Microsoft Edge etc). I guessed there was some conflict between some programs and gw2 but that was just a guess! Still worthy to try the free trial if it still available. Got very few lag, disconnections and my internet goes much faster since.

@"Autumn Sky.9763" , @"Friday.7864" , et al.:

Guys, has any of you tried **this**?? (see below)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> When you put GW2 on a different partition than the Windows one (especially _not_ into its programs folders), you should encounter zero issues with downloading the game or updates to it.

> @"Autumn Sky.9763" , @"Friday.7864" , et al.:

>

> Guys, has any of you tried **this**?? (see below)

>

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > When you put GW2 on a different partition than the Windows one (especially _not_ into its programs folders), you should encounter zero issues with downloading the game or updates to it.

Not me. It needs to be on SSD for me - means it's stuck with Windows. Don't feel like partitioning the SSD in two.

D drive is HDD in my case and the performance there is just appalling.

I have a copy on a relatively fast USB tho. Plug it in anywhere, run exe and it works lol

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > When you put GW2 on a different partition than the Windows one (especially _not_ into its programs folders), you should encounter zero issues with downloading the game or updates to it.

> Not me. It needs to be on SSD for me - means it's stuck with Windows.

That's not what it means. You simply make two partitions on your SSD: one for Windows and one for your games.

> Don't feel like partitioning the SSD in two.

Your loss. It's easy to do and saves you a lot of trouble (not just with GW2).

> D drive is HDD in my case and the performance there is just appalling.

I use my HDD only for older games and another partition on it for backup of personal files etc.

> > @"Friday.7864" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > When you put GW2 on a different partition than the Windows one (especially _not_ into its programs folders), you should encounter zero issues with downloading the game or updates to it.

> > Not me. It needs to be on SSD for me - means it's stuck with Windows.

>

> That's not what it means. You simply make two partitions on your SSD: one for Windows and one for your games.

>

> > Don't feel like partitioning the SSD in two.

>

> Your loss. It's easy to do and saves you a lot of trouble (not just with GW2).

>

> > D drive is HDD in my case and the performance there is just appalling.

>

> I use my HDD only for older games and another partition on it for backup of personal files etc.

Well hey, I'm not the one having issues, why should I bother.

I simply told people about a method that will work 100%, without any failed downloads.

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> Well hey, I'm not the one having issues, why should I bother.

For practicality. ;) Unless you don't care that you will have to back-up everything each time you intend to re-install Windows.

Also, it is easier and faster once done to download without any issues than have to use your method each time. I was merely trying to help. ;)