Fixes that Reaper needs

NecroSummonsMors.7816

Hi @Anet,

I would like to remind you before the patch comes out that Reaper players are still waiting for Grasping Darkness terrain issues fix and Executioner's Scythe randomly hitting a target next to your actual target. These two problems have been around since HoT, it would be nice if you could work towards fixing them. Thank you

For all the other players feel free to add fixes about reaper that I missed

Edit: typing errors

https://imgur.com/P5GKZi7

https://imgur.com/uFhE976

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> I'd rather they built Quickness into Reaper's Shroud as a default so that Reaper's Onslaught did not feel mandatory.... Or instead of a boon just reduce all the cast times on the shroud skills and make RO something different.

Instead of doing that, I would rather they made the other Grandmasters worth picking.

**Blighter's Boon** right now, could be a great pick if they would only buff it.

The Lifeforce gain may already be fine, but I'm looking at the Health gain in shroud for applying boons to themselves.

From a PvE standpoint, they could totally stand to gain more from Shroud healing and this could allow them to actually drop **Soul Eater** in favour of running **Decimate Defenses**, which will let them run more Valkyrie pieces with Wurm gear for an impressive amount of Ferocity while still having 100% crit when using Shroud. (This is considering the fact that yu have a support spitting Quickness at yu, which is very likely in a Raid/ Fractal/ Worldboss setting)

The skill which needs a total rework or serious buff is probably **Deathly Chill**.

It could stand to gain from having the same treatment as **Terror** from **Curses**, causing Chills to inflict short but heavy DoTs.

And since Reaper has various ways of applying Chilled, this would be stronger than just a simple Bleed.

Alternatively they could make it so that Chilling targets allow the Reaper to gain Superspeed and Frost Aura with a 10second ICD, which will probably make this an excellent pick for PvP/WvW Reapers, since they have a distinct weakness of being weak to ranged foes.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I'd rather they built Quickness into Reaper's Shroud as a default so that Reaper's Onslaught did not feel mandatory.... Or instead of a boon just reduce all the cast times on the shroud skills and make RO something different.

>

> Instead of doing that, I would rather they made the other Grandmasters worth picking.

>

> **Blighter's Boon** right now, could be a great pick if they would only buff it.

> The Lifeforce gain may already be fine, but I'm looking at the Health gain in shroud for applying boons to themselves.

>

> From a PvE standpoint, they could totally stand to gain more from Shroud healing and this could allow them to actually drop **Soul Eater** in favour of running **Decimate Defenses**, which will let them run more Valkyrie pieces with Wurm gear for an impressive amount of Ferocity while still having 100% crit when using Shroud. (This is considering the fact that yu have a support spitting Quickness at yu, which is very likely in a Raid/ Fractal/ Worldboss setting)

>

> The skill which needs a total rework or serious buff is probably **Deathly Chill**.

> It could stand to gain from having the same treatment as **Terror** from **Curses**, causing Chills to inflict short but heavy DoTs.

>

> And since Reaper has various ways of applying Chilled, this would be stronger than just a simple Bleed.

>

> Alternatively they could make it so that Chilling targets allow the Reaper to gain Superspeed and Frost Aura with a 10second ICD, which will probably make this an excellent pick for PvP/WvW Reapers, since they have a distinct weakness of being weak to ranged foes.

>

>

>

>

>

>

You can get large amounts of healing from blighters boon now, just spec into spite and tack food and sigils that grant boons on a crit.

Chill stacks in duration, it would be better for them to increase the bleed stacks, or replace the bleed with poison or burning. But I do agree that Deathly Chill is currently better suited as a minor rather than a Grandmaster trait.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Never encountered the exec scythe problem.

>

> And grasping darkness is better than ever before. Don't fix anything.

> Else I might not be able to pull enemies off of walls in wvw anymore

Tbh is exactly for that reason that I want it fix, so that it doesn't fail when terrain is uneven in front of the wall, ofc I want to keep the ability to pull enemies off walls.

But also there's other time when the pull fails as shown in the images I've linked. I can't believe it never happened to you that the claws entirely miss a target by hovering over them or the claw suddenly vanish into nothing because you tried to pull someone close to a wall...Also if I'm not mistaken the range was increased but not the velocity at the which the claw travels which makes it feel slower than before. Sure now it is better than it was but still there's a lot of situations where this skill has a weird behavior.

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Never encountered the exec scythe problem.

> >

> > And grasping darkness is better than ever before. Don't fix anything.

> > Else I might not be able to pull enemies off of walls in wvw anymore

>

> Tbh is exactly for that reason that I want it fix, so that it doesn't fail when terrain is uneven in front of the wall, ofc I want to keep the ability to pull enemies off walls.

> But also there's other time when the pull fails as shown in the images I've linked. I can't believe it never happened to you that the claws entirely miss a target by hovering over them or the claw suddenly vanish into nothing because you tried to pull someone close to a wall...Also if I'm not mistaken the range was increased but not the velocity at the which the claw travels which makes it feel slower than before. Sure now it is better than it was but still there's a lot of situations where this skill has a weird behavior.

This did happen. But not the thing with rs5