Chicken Chaser Title & Bullying

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @Jana.6831 said:

> > Yeah it is correct, so what?

> > "You have to treat every enemy like your friend and aren't allowed to attack them". Screw that. Whoever is outraged that they're being attacked in WvW should go play PvE or grow a thicker skin.

> > And the rest of you: Go get that title!

>

> Just a clarification: please re-read the OP and then tell me who is outraged that they're being attacked? And please provide the quote. Thanks.

I don't see it as being "attacked" unless your definition of being attacked is killing the enemy or being killed by the enemy ,,, that is the goal of the game mode right ? are we playing animal crossing or wvw?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @Jana.6831 said:

> > Yeah it is correct, so what?

> > "You have to treat every enemy like your friend and aren't allowed to attack them". Screw that. Whoever is outraged that they're being attacked in WvW should go play PvE or grow a thicker skin.

> > And the rest of you: Go get that title!

>

> Just a clarification: please re-read the OP and then tell me who is outraged that they're being attacked? And please provide the quote. Thanks.

Here's the thing about the OP, and this is not a personal attack, just an observation about something that occurs in most of their threads,. They make the post, word it to involk certain feelings in respondants, then later admit it's not a big deal for them personally.

This particular post has opened a lively discussion, with helpful observations that the more playful troll behavior seen in wvw oftentimes carries over to the forums, plus it helps to gI've the OP a popular thread, which is probably all its about anyway :).

To each his/her own, but food for thought, how ever little we may be able to do about blatant trolling such as CJs, Emotes, double teaming, sabatage and other unscrupulous playstyles inflicted on us daily during our relaxing downtime, we can at least pause for a moment (while we lay dying) and laugh about the fact that while the OP may not personally be affected by this, someone somewhere IS outraged by the use of this pve title in wvw.

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > @Jana.6831 said:

> > > Yeah it is correct, so what?

> > > "You have to treat every enemy like your friend and aren't allowed to attack them". Screw that. Whoever is outraged that they're being attacked in WvW should go play PvE or grow a thicker skin.

> > > And the rest of you: Go get that title!

> >

> > Just a clarification: please re-read the OP and then tell me who is outraged that they're being attacked? And please provide the quote. Thanks.

>

> Here's the thing about the OP, and this is not a personal attack, just an observation about something that occurs in most of their threads,. They make the post, word it to involk certain feelings in respondants, then later admit it's not a big deal for them personally.

>

> This particular post has opened a lively discussion, with helpful observations that the more playful troll behavior seen in wvw oftentimes carries over to the forums, plus it helps to gI've the OP a popular thread, which is probably all its about anyway :).

>

> To each his/her own, but food for thought, how ever little we may be able to do about blatant trolling such as CJs, Emotes, double teaming, sabatage and other unscrupulous playstyles inflicted on us daily during our relaxing downtime, we can at least pause for a moment (while we lay dying) and laugh about the fact that while the OP may not personally be affected by this, someone somewhere IS outraged by the use of this pve title in wvw.

Eh its just mostly about making an observation. Ive really noticed that the ones who are most toxic in wvw or spvp seem to have this title on all there characters. I think the the title itself promotes bullying, and this topic has put on display our community in all its magnificence. Thus further proving my point. they doth protest too much, methinks.

Over an issue they claim isn't a problem and isn't real. (bullying in general)

> @ThomasC.1056 said:

> I don't think the OP's issue is fight back is 1 vs 1. It's more about people that don't know how to behave, and hide behind "it's a fighting game" nonsense to be jerks.

>

> For example, the one who use humiliating emotes (laugh/dance) when they down you in a not so fair fight, just like that mesmer I saw yesterday, who obviously had a macro set because he was able to land 12 skills in a split second. Like, you're minding your business, and you drop from 22000HP to 0 by the time the little "power lock" noise is over, and your log gets all those skills that hit you... And then, he comes, and proceeds to dance. Typical kind of guy running with a "chicken chaser" title. (I reported for botting).

>

> I don't mind a good fight, but I don't like players with cancer builds whose sole purpose in life is pour dolyak poo in other people shoes. The game mode is toxic enough as it.

>

> And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about players' behaviour. But they also can be disarmed, by removing some emotes and titles.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you CAN setup a simple macro with razer synapse (for example, I'm sure there's plenty more options) and not bot. With that being said I am not privy to your particular fight. The emote spam is garbage but it only stands to prove the maturity level of the player you fought.

Brush it off and keep fighting. I have a bigger issue with people that are dueling at middle and start cursing at you for barging in and killing them while they duel. It's WvW, you wanna duel, go to SPvP or by the mill where no1 ever goes.

P.S. As I recall Obsidian Sanctum was created to facilitate GvG and duels.

> @Arlette.9684 said:

> > @ThomasC.1056 said:

> > I don't think the OP's issue is fight back is 1 vs 1. It's more about people that don't know how to behave, and hide behind "it's a fighting game" nonsense to be jerks.

> >

> > For example, the one who use humiliating emotes (laugh/dance) when they down you in a not so fair fight, just like that mesmer I saw yesterday, who obviously had a macro set because he was able to land 12 skills in a split second. Like, you're minding your business, and you drop from 22000HP to 0 by the time the little "power lock" noise is over, and your log gets all those skills that hit you... And then, he comes, and proceeds to dance. Typical kind of guy running with a "chicken chaser" title. (I reported for botting).

> >

> > I don't mind a good fight, but I don't like players with cancer builds whose sole purpose in life is pour dolyak poo in other people shoes. The game mode is toxic enough as it.

> >

> > And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about players' behaviour. But they also can be disarmed, by removing some emotes and titles.

>

> I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you CAN setup a simple macro with razer synapse (for example, I'm sure there's plenty more options) and not bot. With that being said I am not privy to your particular fight. The emote spam is garbage but it only stands to prove the maturity level of the player you fought.

> Brush it off and keep fighting. I have a bigger issue with people that are dueling at middle and start cursing at you for barging in and killing them while they duel. It's WvW, you wanna duel, go to SPvP or by the mill where no1 ever goes.

>

> P.S. As I recall Obsidian Sanctum was created to facilitate GvG and duels.

I agree with all that you said but one thing : eventhough you _can_ setup a simple macro with your favorite mouse's software, you _may_ not use it as it's a violation of TOS. I'm too lazy to look for the quote, and I'm sure some people have them, but the idea is : you can use that kind of software if one button = one action. If pressing one button triggers a sequence like an attack's rotation, then you're supposed to end up banned.

Well, at least, that's what they said eh ?

> @reddie.5861 said:

> > @ThomasC.1056 said:

> > I don't think the OP's issue is fight back is 1 vs 1. It's more about people that don't know how to behave, and hide behind "it's a fighting game" nonsense to be jerks.

> >

> > For example, the one who use humiliating emotes (laugh/dance) when they down you in a not so fair fight, just like that mesmer I saw yesterday, who obviously had a macro set because he was able to land 12 skills in a split second. Like, you're minding your business, and you drop from 22000HP to 0 by the time the little "power lock" noise is over, and your log gets all those skills that hit you... And then, he comes, and proceeds to dance. Typical kind of guy running with a "chicken chaser" title. (I reported for botting).

> >

> > I don't mind a good fight, but I don't like players with cancer builds whose sole purpose in life is pour dolyak poo in other people shoes. The game mode is toxic enough as it.

> >

> > And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about players' behaviour. But they also can be disarmed, by removing some emotes and titles.

>

> i like wacking people in backline or trying to get back to their blob.

> i dont dance tho i dont do anything beside get my kill and lurk for next lonely guy.

>

> look at my point of view, when i run around lonely and i stumble into a blob for w/e reason and i dont gtfo within a split second whole blob will run over me.

> so why should roamers (kitten or no kitten) spare these lonely people.

> i have no mercy with any1 beside people standing at duel spot or obvious spectators in GvG.

You sir are a bully and a scum!

> @ThomasC.1056 said:

> I don't think the OP's issue is fight back is 1 vs 1. It's more about people that don't know how to behave, and hide behind "it's a fighting game" nonsense to be jerks.

>

> For example, the one who use humiliating emotes (laugh/dance) when they down you in a not so fair fight, just like that mesmer I saw yesterday, who obviously had a macro set because he was able to land 12 skills in a split second. Like, you're minding your business, and you drop from 22000HP to 0 by the time the little "power lock" noise is over, and your log gets all those skills that hit you... And then, he comes, and proceeds to dance. Typical kind of guy running with a "chicken chaser" title. (I reported for botting).

>

> I don't mind a good fight, but I don't like players with cancer builds whose sole purpose in life is pour dolyak poo in other people shoes. The game mode is toxic enough as it.

>

> And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about players' behaviour. But they also can be disarmed, by removing some emotes and titles.

I couldn't help but notice the date of your post, oddly enough I got a forum warning around that date for posting a one line response containing a word that's hidden in this wall of text.

Just a heads up, "smoking " can kill, so, if you're gonna talk about it, do it in a wall I guess.

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > @Jana.6831 said:

> > > Yeah it is correct, so what?

> > > "You have to treat every enemy like your friend and aren't allowed to attack them". Screw that. Whoever is outraged that they're being attacked in WvW should go play PvE or grow a thicker skin.

> > > And the rest of you: Go get that title!

> >

> > Just a clarification: please re-read the OP and then tell me who is outraged that they're being attacked? And please provide the quote. Thanks.

>

> Here's the thing about the OP, and this is not a personal attack, just an observation about something that occurs in most of their threads,. They make the post, word it to involk certain feelings in respondants, then later admit it's not a big deal for them personally.

>

> This particular post has opened a lively discussion, with helpful observations that the more playful troll behavior seen in wvw oftentimes carries over to the forums, plus it helps to gI've the OP a popular thread, which is probably all its about anyway :).

>

> To each his/her own, but food for thought, how ever little we may be able to do about blatant trolling such as CJs, Emotes, double teaming, sabatage and other unscrupulous playstyles inflicted on us daily during our relaxing downtime, we can at least pause for a moment (while we lay dying) and laugh about the fact that while the OP may not personally be affected by this, someone somewhere IS outraged by the use of this pve title in wvw.

I think it's very questionable to try to ascribe a different motive for the OP than what is actually stated. And I personally haven't noted much "playful" troll behavior in WvW.

It may be that someone is outraged about the use of the title, but what I was responding to was a post stating that someone was outraged about simply being attacked in WvW which, of course, is part of the point of WvW.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > Fix the option to delete saved drafts please

>

> If you are looking for how to delete drafts, it is all the way at the top - the gear just to the left of the language choices.

Yes, but on the phone instead of deleting them when you click the X, it takes you to the topic, and if you have spastic hand and double click too quick, it posts instead of deletes.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> It may be that someone is outraged about the use of the title, but what I was responding to was a post stating that someone was outraged about simply being attacked in WvW which, of course, is part of the point of WvW.

If you read the OP: "Someone used that title that was designed to bully people in wvw. And they were chasing and killing me although I ran away" - OP complained about the title and being attacked.

And there's a lot of others here who blow this way out of proportion. There's 'trolls' everywhere, just shrug it off instead of calling for measurements to deal with them which would likely only result in wvw to be closed because everybody is offended.

I don't see being CJed at as a problem, but I'm a thief and can port, so I usually port into an AoE field to kill myself.

And thanks for reporting me, btw ;)

> @Jana.6831 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > It may be that someone is outraged about the use of the title, but what I was responding to was a post stating that someone was outraged about simply being attacked in WvW which, of course, is part of the point of WvW.

> If you read the OP: "Someone used that title that was designed to bully people in wvw. And they were chasing and killing me although I ran away" - OP complained about the title and being attacked.

> And there's a lot of others here who blow this way out of proportion. There's 'trolls' everywhere, just shrug it off instead of calling for measurements to deal with them which would likely only result in wvw to be closed because everybody is offended.

> I don't see being CJed at as a problem, but I'm a thief and can port, so I usually port into an AoE field to kill myself.

> And thanks for reporting me, btw ;)

I never said I was attacked, I said I noticed people who bully others, typically use this title.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> I never said I was attacked, I said I noticed people who bully others, typically use this title.

Your complaint was people who use this title are killing you although you ran away. That alone isn't bullying. So neither the title nor killing you in a pvp mode is bullying. So what exactly is your complaint? That you were killed?

> @Jana.6831 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > I never said I was attacked, I said I noticed people who bully others, typically use this title.

> Your complaint was people who use this title are killing you although you ran away. That alone isn't bullying. So neither the title nor killing you in a pvp mode is bullying. So what exactly is your complaint? That you were killed?

>

>

So., kinda sickens me to weigh in here. The OP, who often will post items to stir things up both in here and in game (yes, I am on his server) but in none of his posts has he said it was about anyone attacking him. I have to give him that (though it leaves a foul (pun definitely intended) taste in my mouth.)

Re reading his post, he notes the title is used by players who chase down solo players and those who 'bully' people in chat. Not that he is actually being chased down and killed. (Yes.., that would be the better option.). ?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> So., kinda sickens me to weigh in here. The OP, who often will post items to stir things up both in here and in game (yes, I am on his server) but in none of his posts has he said it was about anyone attacking him. I have to give him that (though it leaves a foul (pun definitely intended) taste in my mouth.)

>

> Re reading his post, he notes the title is used by players who chase down solo players and those who 'bully' people in chat. Not that he is actually being chased down and killed. (Yes.., that would be the better option.). ?

>

Ok, so you are seeing it from a different perspective because you are on the same server as him and know that he complains about his own people. Ok. Yes, in that case he's complaining that others are being attacked and not complaining about himself being attacked. But other than that it is a complaint about people being attacked in WvW. OUTRAGE!

> @Jana.6831 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > So., kinda sickens me to weigh in here. The OP, who often will post items to stir things up both in here and in game (yes, I am on his server) but in none of his posts has he said it was about anyone attacking him. I have to give him that (though it leaves a foul (pun definitely intended) taste in my mouth.)

> >

> > Re reading his post, he notes the title is used by players who chase down solo players and those who 'bully' people in chat. Not that he is actually being chased down and killed. (Yes.., that would be the better option.). ?

> >

> Ok, so you are seeing it from a different perspective because you are on the same server as him and know that he complains about his own people. Ok. Yes, in that case he's complaining that others are being attacked and not complaining about himself being attacked. But other than that it is a complaint about people being attacked in WvW. OUTRAGE!

>

>

Lol Jana! ?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Lol Jana! ?

What? :tongue:

I always yelled at enemies when I was a noob. Was doing map completion and a zerg just ran over me. I said in say "Was just doing map completion" and they rezzed me. I literally was dead within 2 seconds and alive again after 4. Weirdest thing that has ever happend to me and I have no idea how that was even possible. I alt f4-ed right afterwards.

I was outraged at each and everything back then. Even wanted to write a cheat report because I was one-shotted by some sentries!

Is this thread SJW LARPing or tolling? It's unhealthy to be offended by everything. Stop looking for boogeymen, get off Buzzfeed and just do your own thing and stop worrying about what others are doing if it offends you ffs. Save the complaints for when something bad actually happens to you or someone. In a way these types of victim junkies and enablers remind me of the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Basically the boy got eaten because he cried for help and attention any chance he could, so when the big wolf did come around, his little whiney butt got eaten because nobody too him serious.

The ONLY thing which can be annoying in WvW is if u're duelling with someone and then one of u gets killed by appearing groups.

There are some areas in WvW (at least in my server), which are known to be "duelling - areas".

U will see players from all sides at this ares, actually doing nothing, but watching others fight and wait to fight for themselves.

If u enter this area as a newbie and watch it like 30 seconds, u will know what happens.

BUT ; wvw is open world, without further rules about duelling and things like that.

If someone disrupts my duelling and kills me or my partner, i write a friendly message and tell them it was a duell, and ask them to look for it twice the next time in those specific areas. (specifically if 10 other Players just stand arround the duelling watching-> what were u thinking are those players doing- afk on open ground?)

Some will repply with a sorry, and i will say that everything is fine.

Some will repply with a " i dont care scrub, killed ya", and i won't talk to that player again.

Summary ; sometimes i get killed in WvW, while i don't want to fight anyone else, but my duelling Partner. Does it hurt me ? - No

Killing an enemy = exp , bag + warscore as mentioned.