The new patch will help Necros in spvp

Amaranthe.3578

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

You are assuming shroud and LF generation stay the same. I suspect there will be changes like there will be to heals.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

>

> You are assuming shroud and LF generation stay the same. I suspect there will be changes like there will be to heals.

But there aren't any. If anything they gave Necros more shroud.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

>

> You are assuming shroud and LF generation stay the same. I suspect there will be changes like there will be to heals.

I don't think so because we lost a huge counter to kiting which was burst damage for that short amount of time the target is at range and vulnerable. In a global damage nerf scenario it is inevitable to make necro more durable, when you don't cut the mobility of other classes, which anet did not do.

Part of the necro powercreep to deal with the mobility powercreep of other classses was a huge increase of burst damage.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

I don't think so.

Basically nothing will change.

Playing scourge in spvp will still be int.

Core and reaper will have it harder due to longer cooldowns on stunbreaks as well as longer CC's on basically every hard cc skill

In my opinion, necro gets even weaker compared to other classes.

It's Condi dmg gets nerfed + the corrupts.

And on top of that, all Condi runes see a nerf as well

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

>

> I don't think so.

>

> Basically nothing will change.

I am not so sure. Part of the issue with shroud was that didnt scale. Since damage has been toned down by quite a bit, coefficients/might/damage mods, shroud has more value. Considering the buffs to LF generation last patch and further buffs this patch its going to be stronger as a defensive tool.

Around corrupts, since a lot of boon generation is being tones down they already hold less value to begin with.

I'm also not massively concerned about the CC or loss of FitG.

In a space where overall damage has been cut massively and LF generation/sustain has increased i feel necro, especially core, will do well.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

> >

> > I don't think so.

> >

> > Basically nothing will change.

> I am not so sure. Part of the issue with shroud was that didnt scale. Since damage has been toned down by quite a bit, coefficients/might/damage mods, shroud has more value. Considering the buffs to LF generation last patch and further buffs this patch its going to be stronger as a defensive tool.

>

> Around corrupts, since a lot of boon generation is being tones down they already hold less value to begin with.

I'm not done reading all the notes, so correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I saw till now, boonspam isn't gutted that hard. It's mostly only loosing some duration, or one might stack here and there. But skills stay the same cooldown.

(That's at least happening to necro, and some other things)

Also with less damage in the game. More classes can afford to build boo duration from concentration. To still play their old builds

>

> I'm also not massively concerned about the CC or loss of FitG.

>

> In a space where overall damage has been cut massively and LF generation/sustain has increased i feel necro, especially core, will do well.

>

>

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > Low dmg + Lower healing + No change to healthpools = fights will be decided through attrition. Shroud makes Necros excel at attrition. Necros shall rule the world

> > >

> > > I don't think so.

> > >

> > > Basically nothing will change.

> > I am not so sure. Part of the issue with shroud was that didnt scale. Since damage has been toned down by quite a bit, coefficients/might/damage mods, shroud has more value. Considering the buffs to LF generation last patch and further buffs this patch its going to be stronger as a defensive tool.

> >

> > Around corrupts, since a lot of boon generation is being tones down they already hold less value to begin with.

>

> I'm not done reading all the notes, so correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I saw till now, boonspam isn't gutted that hard. It's mostly only loosing some duration, or one might stack here and there. But skills stay the same cooldown.

>

> (That's at least happening to necro, and some other things)

>

> Also with less damage in the game. More classes can afford to build boo duration from concentration. To still play their old builds

>

There are a lot that lose a stack here and there but the cut in duration is pretty big when combined with the change to runes,i.e run of strength being lowered from 50% to 20%, **the removal of ever PvP amulet with concentration**, and most traits that give the stat being lowered in value.

These are where you will see the big changes. For instance reapers might went from a max of 30s to a max of ~8s.

Not all of them have had their skill cooldown increased, stacks/duration lowered but enough have that boons, especially might, are going to be a lot less common because they fall off faster/have a lower stack max without either outside help or game mechanic investment.

Commander amulet will be seen more often as a paladin/marauder/demolisher replacement (trading toughness/vita/ferocity for boon utility). And that's good, because now it will actually be a trade. Currently the base boon duration is so high, that it's simply not necessary to run that amulet.

I think I will go condi core necro for pvp once the new patch hits. Fights will become battles of attrition, and core necro does excel at that I find. On a personal note, can't wait for Warriors' stun skills to have their damage nerfed to the ground, it's insane that they can keep you perma stunned while doing massive damage at the same time.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> I think I will go condi core necro for pvp once the new patch hits. Fights will become battles of attrition, and core necro does excel at that I find. On a personal note, can't wait for Warriors' stun skills to have their damage nerfed to the ground, it's insane that they can keep you perma stunned while doing massive damage at the same time.

I actually think Reaper will be better.