Deeper dive on February 25th Engineer changes.

Chaith.8256

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"schloumou.3982" said:

> I'm a bit worried about not touching Elixir U. It's allready overpowered in the current environment and instead, they nerf other drinks around it like B and S.

B was actually kind of buffed. that 10s cd decrease means that traited with hgh, it'll only be down for 24s after use. elixir b is pretty strong, don't sleep on it.

> @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > I'm a bit worried about not touching Elixir U. It's allready overpowered in the current environment and instead, they nerf other drinks around it like B and S.

>

> B was actually kind of buffed. that 10s cd decrease means that traited with hgh, it'll only be down for 24s after use. elixir b is pretty strong, don't sleep on it.

Yeah, but I mean in combination with the corona nerf, U will become basically a locked utillity slot for any Holo build, or not?

> @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > > I'm a bit worried about not touching Elixir U. It's allready overpowered in the current environment and instead, they nerf other drinks around it like B and S.

> >

> > B was actually kind of buffed. that 10s cd decrease means that traited with hgh, it'll only be down for 24s after use. elixir b is pretty strong, don't sleep on it.

>

> Yeah, but I mean in combination with the corona nerf, U will become basically a locked utillity slot for any Holo build, or not?

You're acting like Elixir U gives more than 1s of stability now, it was nerfed

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw8YbsLWKO8TetXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA @"Chaith.8256"

> > Gw2Skills.Net

> >

> > Explosives: This traitline has been reworked, the new traits are as follows

> >

> > Minor

> >

> > Explosive Entrance (NEW): Your first attack on entering combat explodes damaging nearby enemies. (Counts as an explosion.) This ability refreshes after a dodge roll or while out of combat.

> > Steel-Packed Powder: No changes

> > Shaped Charge: No changes

> > Adept

> >

> > Short Fuse(REWORK): This trait no longer reduces the fuse time or recharge of bomb skills. Hitting a foe with an explosion skill grants 4 seconds of Fury (3s ICD)

> > Master

> >

> > Blast Shield (NEW): Explosive Entrance grants the engineer barrier (base 1508 in PvE and 340 in Competitive modes). Also converts 10% of power to vitality.

> > Grandmaster

> >

> > Big Boomer(REWORK): Increases strike damage by 10% against foes with a lower health percent than the engineer. Additionally causes hitting with Explosion skills to heal the engineer over 3 seconds, 202 health per second. (This effect does not stack.)

> >

> > Scrapper going to be 1 hell of a class for 2020 and I can't wait at all. I have at least 3 build ready to test out but I Feel like this Build Offers Everything I need for scrapper to hold on to a node and win it. Great Self Sustain , Great Source Of Super Speed+stability, Boon Removal + Knock Back on a 20 sec cd(maybe lower), Stealth , Multiple ways to Field Blast(Chill, Psn, Blind etc) and enough toughness not to die instantly to a Plus.

> >

> > Only issue would be Condi base side noders but I'll have a secondary build read for that so i'm not 100% worried at the moment however Scrapper and Core Engi IMO looking MUCH better for side noding then holo at the moment. Prot Holo with 0 source of stability unless from an Elixir is not worth even playing anymore.

>

> I would re-think Backpack Regenerator on Hammer Scrapper. It's going to be active maybe 33% of the time, so what you get is 117 healing * .33 = 38.61 Healing per second. :cry:

>

> Also, consider Bulwark Gyro over Elixir S. The meta is slowing down, Elixir S is getting the stealth nerfed, it's just not going to be as good. Stability on CC is great, but the optimal amount for Mass Momentum & Object In Motion buff uptime is important so that Bulwark Gyro's defense field will help even further.

>

> Also, I would re-think Healing Turret, Med Kit will be an upgrade I believe, the swiftness it grants is greatly needed as well. Health Insurance over Protection Injection.

No doubt about it I been thinking of swapping that traitline out completely for Tools TO Be honest but I'm giving to test it out to see how it feels but we wont know for sure till we play around with things today :).

However you get the idea of what i'm aiming for or trying to get together. I do think however Blast gyro and Even Bulwark would be pretty solid Now especially the cd decrees on blast gyro while it also offers a stun break. However I think Tools might be a better selection over alchemy overall to be honest I'm thinking about the overall DPS out put a few other things that Tools offer over alchemy.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw2YOsGWKO8XftXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA

This is what i'll like to run because with Fury base on explosion type skills you'll still be able to dish out some solid dps with knight amulet and with amulets like demo+pal getting nerf a bit the power difference btw knight and those 2 isn't to far off anymore.

Having high toughness with great dps output from Tools+scrapper + explosion is really really nice over all because you'll be able to still keep yourself sustain fairly well , keep a solid barrier up time and Stability should not be an issue. Just Unsure if i would really want to keep Blast gyro though but again I won't know till i test things out tonight.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > > @"Ghos.1326" said:

> > > > @"schloumou.3982" said:

> > > > I'm a bit worried about not touching Elixir U. It's allready overpowered in the current environment and instead, they nerf other drinks around it like B and S.

> > >

> > > B was actually kind of buffed. that 10s cd decrease means that traited with hgh, it'll only be down for 24s after use. elixir b is pretty strong, don't sleep on it.

> >

> > Yeah, but I mean in combination with the corona nerf, U will become basically a locked utillity slot for any Holo build, or not?

>

> You're acting like Elixir U gives more than 1s of stability now, it was nerfed

>

It actually does in every other mode than sPvP. Seven in WvW and like 10 or so in PvE.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw8YbsLWKO8TetXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA @"Chaith.8256"

> > > Gw2Skills.Net

> > >

> > > Explosives: This traitline has been reworked, the new traits are as follows

> > >

> > > Minor

> > >

> > > Explosive Entrance (NEW): Your first attack on entering combat explodes damaging nearby enemies. (Counts as an explosion.) This ability refreshes after a dodge roll or while out of combat.

> > > Steel-Packed Powder: No changes

> > > Shaped Charge: No changes

> > > Adept

> > >

> > > Short Fuse(REWORK): This trait no longer reduces the fuse time or recharge of bomb skills. Hitting a foe with an explosion skill grants 4 seconds of Fury (3s ICD)

> > > Master

> > >

> > > Blast Shield (NEW): Explosive Entrance grants the engineer barrier (base 1508 in PvE and 340 in Competitive modes). Also converts 10% of power to vitality.

> > > Grandmaster

> > >

> > > Big Boomer(REWORK): Increases strike damage by 10% against foes with a lower health percent than the engineer. Additionally causes hitting with Explosion skills to heal the engineer over 3 seconds, 202 health per second. (This effect does not stack.)

> > >

> > > Scrapper going to be 1 hell of a class for 2020 and I can't wait at all. I have at least 3 build ready to test out but I Feel like this Build Offers Everything I need for scrapper to hold on to a node and win it. Great Self Sustain , Great Source Of Super Speed+stability, Boon Removal + Knock Back on a 20 sec cd(maybe lower), Stealth , Multiple ways to Field Blast(Chill, Psn, Blind etc) and enough toughness not to die instantly to a Plus.

> > >

> > > Only issue would be Condi base side noders but I'll have a secondary build read for that so i'm not 100% worried at the moment however Scrapper and Core Engi IMO looking MUCH better for side noding then holo at the moment. Prot Holo with 0 source of stability unless from an Elixir is not worth even playing anymore.

> >

> > I would re-think Backpack Regenerator on Hammer Scrapper. It's going to be active maybe 33% of the time, so what you get is 117 healing * .33 = 38.61 Healing per second. :cry:

> >

> > Also, consider Bulwark Gyro over Elixir S. The meta is slowing down, Elixir S is getting the stealth nerfed, it's just not going to be as good. Stability on CC is great, but the optimal amount for Mass Momentum & Object In Motion buff uptime is important so that Bulwark Gyro's defense field will help even further.

> >

> > Also, I would re-think Healing Turret, Med Kit will be an upgrade I believe, the swiftness it grants is greatly needed as well. Health Insurance over Protection Injection.

>

> No doubt about it I been thinking of swapping that traitline out completely for Tools TO Be honest but I'm giving to test it out to see how it feels but we wont know for sure till we play around with things today :).

>

> However you get the idea of what i'm aiming for or trying to get together. I do think however Blast gyro and Even Bulwark would be pretty solid Now especially the cd decrees on blast gyro while it also offers a stun break. However I think Tools might be a better selection over alchemy overall to be honest I'm thinking about the overall DPS out put a few other things that Tools offer over alchemy.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw2YOsGWKO8XftXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA

>

> This is what i'll like to run because with Fury base on explosion type skills you'll still be able to dish out some solid dps with knight amulet and with amulets like demo+pal getting nerf a bit the power difference btw knight and those 2 isn't to far off anymore.

>

> Having high toughness with great dps output from Tools+scrapper + explosion is really really nice over all because you'll be able to still keep yourself sustain fairly well , keep a solid barrier up time and Stability should not be an issue. Just Unsure if i would really want to keep Blast gyro though but again I won't know till i test things out tonight.

Also thinking tools, explosives, scrapper/alch in WvW. Why did you take Power Wrench though??

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw8YbsLWKO8TetXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA @"Chaith.8256"

> > > > Gw2Skills.Net

> > > >

> > > > Explosives: This traitline has been reworked, the new traits are as follows

> > > >

> > > > Minor

> > > >

> > > > Explosive Entrance (NEW): Your first attack on entering combat explodes damaging nearby enemies. (Counts as an explosion.) This ability refreshes after a dodge roll or while out of combat.

> > > > Steel-Packed Powder: No changes

> > > > Shaped Charge: No changes

> > > > Adept

> > > >

> > > > Short Fuse(REWORK): This trait no longer reduces the fuse time or recharge of bomb skills. Hitting a foe with an explosion skill grants 4 seconds of Fury (3s ICD)

> > > > Master

> > > >

> > > > Blast Shield (NEW): Explosive Entrance grants the engineer barrier (base 1508 in PvE and 340 in Competitive modes). Also converts 10% of power to vitality.

> > > > Grandmaster

> > > >

> > > > Big Boomer(REWORK): Increases strike damage by 10% against foes with a lower health percent than the engineer. Additionally causes hitting with Explosion skills to heal the engineer over 3 seconds, 202 health per second. (This effect does not stack.)

> > > >

> > > > Scrapper going to be 1 hell of a class for 2020 and I can't wait at all. I have at least 3 build ready to test out but I Feel like this Build Offers Everything I need for scrapper to hold on to a node and win it. Great Self Sustain , Great Source Of Super Speed+stability, Boon Removal + Knock Back on a 20 sec cd(maybe lower), Stealth , Multiple ways to Field Blast(Chill, Psn, Blind etc) and enough toughness not to die instantly to a Plus.

> > > >

> > > > Only issue would be Condi base side noders but I'll have a secondary build read for that so i'm not 100% worried at the moment however Scrapper and Core Engi IMO looking MUCH better for side noding then holo at the moment. Prot Holo with 0 source of stability unless from an Elixir is not worth even playing anymore.

> > >

> > > I would re-think Backpack Regenerator on Hammer Scrapper. It's going to be active maybe 33% of the time, so what you get is 117 healing * .33 = 38.61 Healing per second. :cry:

> > >

> > > Also, consider Bulwark Gyro over Elixir S. The meta is slowing down, Elixir S is getting the stealth nerfed, it's just not going to be as good. Stability on CC is great, but the optimal amount for Mass Momentum & Object In Motion buff uptime is important so that Bulwark Gyro's defense field will help even further.

> > >

> > > Also, I would re-think Healing Turret, Med Kit will be an upgrade I believe, the swiftness it grants is greatly needed as well. Health Insurance over Protection Injection.

> >

> > No doubt about it I been thinking of swapping that traitline out completely for Tools TO Be honest but I'm giving to test it out to see how it feels but we wont know for sure till we play around with things today :).

> >

> > However you get the idea of what i'm aiming for or trying to get together. I do think however Blast gyro and Even Bulwark would be pretty solid Now especially the cd decrees on blast gyro while it also offers a stun break. However I think Tools might be a better selection over alchemy overall to be honest I'm thinking about the overall DPS out put a few other things that Tools offer over alchemy.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlZw2YOsGWKO8XftXA-zZIKjMLgeTAPGA

> >

> > This is what i'll like to run because with Fury base on explosion type skills you'll still be able to dish out some solid dps with knight amulet and with amulets like demo+pal getting nerf a bit the power difference btw knight and those 2 isn't to far off anymore.

> >

> > Having high toughness with great dps output from Tools+scrapper + explosion is really really nice over all because you'll be able to still keep yourself sustain fairly well , keep a solid barrier up time and Stability should not be an issue. Just Unsure if i would really want to keep Blast gyro though but again I won't know till i test things out tonight.

>

> Also thinking tools, explosives, scrapper/alch in WvW. Why did you take Power Wrench though??

probably had stealth gyro before swapping it off for mortar kit. Just take Utility google or something over power wrench.

I used to play in WvW with power gyro scrapper (firearms, explosives, scrapp, sholar runes) in raids and it was super fun, damage was solid and survivability too. Now - i dont care about the damage nerf, but the damn longer cooldowns on the hammer skills. Sometimes its like there is no skill to use, just spam hammer1 or the stupid slow mortar kit. Maybe i try to use granade kit, i dont know.

Any suggestions for new build - wvw damage scrapper in raids?

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> has anyone tested big boomer + regen + backpack regen + elixir 5 (+ maybe bunker down?)

>

> might be able to engage in some sustainy nonsense.

Partially. Celestial, with Big Boomer, Backpack Regenerator, Elixir H, and Supply Crate. I really wish big boomer wasn't split for competitive, but the sustain is pretty good.

> @"Vilda.6852" said:

> I used to play in WvW with power gyro scrapper (firearms, explosives, scrapp, sholar runes) in raids and it was super fun, damage was solid and survivability too. Now - i dont care about the damage nerf, but the kitten longer cooldowns on the hammer skills. Sometimes its like there is no skill to use, just spam hammer1 or the stupid slow mortar kit. Maybe i try to use granade kit, i dont know.

> Any suggestions for new build - wvw damage scrapper in raids?

I think the standard gyro DPS scrapper should still work, but with the hammer cd a kit added to fill in is nice. Explosives trait line and add grenades could be nice, Explosive Entrance is nice damage.