SPOILERS

Drizzt.1796

Why not using the format options in the editor?

1.) Write a text.

2.) Mark the text.

3.) Click on Format in the tool-bar right above the text-box (6th symbol from left).

4.) Click on **Spoiler**

![](https://i.imgur.com/IIyJJQc.jpg "")

Example:

>! This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text.

>! - This is a Sample Point with Text.

>!

>! This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text. This is a Sample Text.

OR type ">!" at the beginning of every line you wish to be seen as a spoiler.

Note: The text-editor on this board has its limits. If you are looking for more options to format your text, you can also check this collection.

Ok. We try something else. The forum also has a quote feature, which allows you to literally copy what ever the person you quote wrote. So when I quote your tries, I see:

1.) with the **

-tag**, you are using only one of the tags. The tags only work when you put your text between them.

![](https://i.imgur.com/RJ296ox.jpg "")

2.) Using the format option/symbols, you wrote "Like This?>! This?"

The forum can use html-tags, tags with [] and those special formats with signs. Combining them often results in chaos. The machine behind the forum is a dumb computer that only knows a few commands. It knows the symbol for a Spoiler ">!" and it also knows that "?" is a question-mark. But if you write "?>!" the computer does not know what you mean and executes nothing = unknown command.

Although I am not a huge fan of doubleposts, the next post I make is an example. Please click on the Quote link below it to see how the spoiler was created and compare it with your attempts. This way you may figure out the problem.

> @"Drizzt.1796" said:

>

this is confusing.

Tags like this have to go both before _and_ after the text so the computer knows when to start and when to end the formatting. At the moment you are only putting one tag, and it's the end one, which means you're giving the computer useless information.

Type [spoiler ] - this means "the text after this is a spoiler and needs to be hidden". Then type the thing you want to hide. Then type [/spoiler ] - this means "ok you're done hiding text, close up the spoiler box.

[spoiler ]This is the text you want to hide

Take the space out of the tag in the line above and it does this:

This is the text you want to hide

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Drizzt.1796" said:

> > [spoiler ] Like this?

>

> Almost. You need to take the space out from between the world spoiler and the bracket. I put that in there so the code was visible, otherwise it would just turn into a spoiler box.

Ty!

so much!