The lack of combo fields for warrior is disastrous and it only shows anet's lack of interest.

Hitman.5829

there are classes with a lot of fields, but few finishers/leaps/whirls. One good example would be the Mesmer. These classes tend to be "flashy" and need some sort of "magical" approach to create a field.

Now look at the warrior.. it has no magical abilities (it even "breaks" spells) and most of its combo fields are flames. Warriors have always worked with Adrenaline and brute force and therefore lack this flashy, shiny, magic aspect. But guess which class has a ton of whirl finishers/leaps/blasts? Yes that's right the warrior.

Imo Anet has balanced this aspect of the game very nicely. Warrior keeps its tratidional role of the muscle-guy and offers a lot of ultility through banners and shouts. If Warriors were to suddenly have a ton of blinking and shining and magical light coming out of them, then a lot of players would be dissappointed and might even dumb the class entirely. It sticks to its lore perfectly

If you like a beefy character, love melee, but also want the shiny aspect then Guardian is there for you. Or even Revenant.

> @xDudisx.5914 said:

> 1) Warrior has dozens of combo finishers.

>

> 2) Their fields have low cooldown and last long (ex: longbow F1). It is better to have 1 field on a 10s cooldown than 2 on a 40s cooldown each. Comparing the total number of combo source skills is not representative.

Tell me, what good does it make to have 1 combo field on 10s cooldown if the only benefit you get is 3 might? You get more might by training greatsword!

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > 1) Warrior has dozens of combo finishers.

> >

> > 2) Their fields have low cooldown and last long (ex: longbow F1). It is better to have 1 field on a 10s cooldown than 2 on a 40s cooldown each. Comparing the total number of combo source skills is not representative.

>

> Tell me, what good does it make to have 1 combo field on 10s cooldown if the only benefit you get is 3 might? You get more might by training greatsword!

>

Well that's part of the way that cPS warrior does its PS job.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > > 1) Warrior has dozens of combo finishers.

> > >

> > > 2) Their fields have low cooldown and last long (ex: longbow F1). It is better to have 1 field on a 10s cooldown than 2 on a 40s cooldown each. Comparing the total number of combo source skills is not representative.

> >

> > Tell me, what good does it make to have 1 combo field on 10s cooldown if the only benefit you get is 3 might? You get more might by training greatsword!

> >

>

> Well that's part of the way that cPS warrior does its PS job.

If you are doing PS with combo fields, then you are doing it wrong! PS gets might from GS trait, from sigils, and food.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > @xDudisx.5914 said:

> > > > 1) Warrior has dozens of combo finishers.

> > > >

> > > > 2) Their fields have low cooldown and last long (ex: longbow F1). It is better to have 1 field on a 10s cooldown than 2 on a 40s cooldown each. Comparing the total number of combo source skills is not representative.

> > >

> > > Tell me, what good does it make to have 1 combo field on 10s cooldown if the only benefit you get is 3 might? You get more might by training greatsword!

> > >

> >

> > Well that's part of the way that cPS warrior does its PS job.

>

> If you are doing PS with combo fields, then you are doing it wrong! PS gets might from GS trait, from sigils, and food.

Not talking doing PS with a GS, the current meta for doing any PS if you don't want to hit like a wet noodle (raids and high level fractals) is a condi warrior and it uses warrior fire fields and blasting in them(not the only source of might though). Don't get me wrong I love my power builds and outside of doing raids I won't rock the cPS warrior build, power builds are much more fun to play for me.

I saw a comment from you in another thread saying that warrior doesn't have good mobility....i cracked up and didn't bother replying to that.

When the Anet nerf bat hits this class, i wonder how many threads you might make then.

Anyway I think what you are asking is abit too much on an already OP class. But anyways....

You: I want Light field

Anet: Ok, have it but we will remove the condition removal you get on weapon swap...agreed?

You: I want lightning field

Anet: Have that as well but we will remove the trait of 25% movement speed from melee weapons and GS 5 Rush will now be 600 range...agreed?

You: I want a Dark field as well

Anet: Well, you can have that but we will increase the interval on healing signet to 3secs and passive heal will be halved...agreed?

Long story short: The class is fine, you rush/dash/charge on enemy and slaughter them. Adding things here and there and removing this and that and you end up with a broken class. Warrior is meant to be a class for "in your face" attitude and not play around with fields looking pretty.

> @Aceofsppades.6873 said:

> right because combo fields are so good they actually matter.

Weaver makes heavy use of their sword water field for sustain.

Scrapper and engi in general has healing turret as their best heal because of the water field blasts. before nerfs, scrapper made good use of the healing gyro toolbelt combined with their hammer multi leap, and can still make good use of hammer combined with lightning field for dazes.

D/P Thief makes heavy usage of smoke field for stealth.

I don't actually care much about the op but this kind of opinion is just ignorant.