We need more emotes!

**Hello people of Tyria!**

I am here in the name of roleplayers (or everyone, cause everybody loves emotes right): we need more emotes!

Really, I think we have waaay too few emotes in GW2, just comparing with GW1 or almost every other famous game... I don't know if the devs really care about these kinds of requests but I really think we should get more... it feels like they put no effort in the roleplay part of the game. :'(

So yeah, I am hereby requesting moaaaaar emotes! Developers, let your imagination flow in order to give our characters more life! If you have no imagination, just get inspired from GW1!

Having an /eat animation with a piece of bread or /drink with a glass of whatever could be super cool as well, we could have sophisticated parties (quite, quite B) ), and maybe more /sit animations like /sit1 /sit2 or whatevs as well cause honnestly, as a human female character, THIS:

![](https://i.imgur.com/Pj9ZsdD.png "")

is not what I call sitting D: (and since we already can't interact with chairs to sit on them, it'd be cool to at least have a legit sit emote so it "looks" like we're actually sitting down).

Don't know what you guys think, maybe I'm just a whiny roleplayer but this always upset me and I'm finally coming out. huehue

If you feel like me, join the cause and put your signature down there cause it's a super cool petition for cool people (I feel this is gonna be a forever alone moment but eh, still trying) or just manifest your approval.

Bai! <3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much would like /pet (to pet companions & minis), /hug, and most especially /cartwheel (must have for Asura). Just off the top of my head. I am always wanting to do cartwheels when playing my Asuras for some reason. :)

I agree, this game is very lacking in emotes.

> @"Nikal.4921" said:

> I very much would like /pet (to pet companions & minis), /hug, and most especially /cartwheel (must have for Asura). Just off the top of my head. I am always wanting to do cartwheels when playing my Asuras for some reason. :)

>

> I agree, this game is very lacking in emotes.

I support all your emotes.

I'd LOVE /hug or /pet for my minis. I have this adorable mini Red Panda, yet my poor asura can't pet him.

I'd also like /comfort (which I thought was a GW2 emote because I think I used it once? But then, it doesn't seem to exist)

There were others I wanted, but I can't remember at the moment...

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> I very much would like /pet (to pet companions & minis), /hug, and most especially /cartwheel (must have for Asura). Just off the top of my head. I am always wanting to do cartwheels when playing my Asuras for some reason. :)

>

> I agree, this game is very lacking in emotes.

> @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

> > "@Nikal.4921" said:

> > I very much would like /pet (to pet companions & minis), /hug, and most especially /cartwheel (must have for Asura). Just off the top of my head. I am always wanting to do cartwheels when playing my Asuras for some reason. :)

> >

> > I agree, this game is very lacking in emotes.

>

> I support all your emotes.

> I'd LOVE /hug or /pet for my minis. I have this adorable mini Red Panda, yet my poor asura can't pet him.

> I'd also like /comfort (which I thought was a GW2 emote because I think I used it once? But then, it doesn't seem to exist)

>

> There were others I wanted, but I can't remember at the moment...

Omg yes yes yes!! Also a /kiss or /love emote, EVERY game has one, yet GW2 doesn't want us to share the love :'( RIP

Wish gw2 had least as many as gw1 did also be nice if dances were dif i know per race they are here but gw1 was class specific That ele dance so nice specially while taking her clothes off slowly so fitting lol im older now but still that was a good dance haha. Nothing like little naughty humor to do with friends. or even in public if you don't have morals/don't feel embarassed haha

> @Rognik.2579 said:

> Do you have a list of the emotes we do have? For all the importance emotes actually have to gameplay, there's still a few I don't know offhand, like how to depict fear.

You can find GW2 emotes here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emote

And now you can realize how ridiculous it is compared to GW1 x'D :

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emote

I'd love it if there were /hug @, and /bearhug @ emotes. I'd go round as my Charr bear-hugging other players. They could make it so When you do the emote the other player has to accept the request to hug, or make it so that just pressing any movement key stops the hug and you have to be standing right next to them to initiate it, so people can't use it to teleport you off of ledges/grief.

A over optimistic list of all the other emotes I would like to see:

/Eat,

/Drink,

/High Five @,

/Stretch,

/Sorry,

/Sorry @,

/Clap,

/Clap @,

/Surrender,

/Surrender @,

/Praise @,

/Cuddle (A continuous hug)

In fact, + all of the emotes from GW1 would be awesome.

FYI To Bear Hug means to hug tightly enough to make recipient of the hug unable to move their upper body or arms.

> @Samaelle.9301 said:

> > @Rognik.2579 said:

> > Do you have a list of the emotes we do have? For all the importance emotes actually have to gameplay, there's still a few I don't know offhand, like how to depict fear.

>

> You can find GW2 emotes here:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emote

>

> And now you can realize how ridiculous it is compared to GW1 x'D :

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emote

>

What the...? I want those emotes from GW1! Anet, please? Pretty please? With gems on top?

This. Now 5 years later I might realize why we don't have the instrument emotes anymore: because there's legit instruments (that 1% use). But It would still be cool to have /guitar and /flute back. It was fun to jam and goof around. The emote I've seen myself want to use the most is /goteam before some hard boss. It should be relatively easy to resurrect. It's basically some kind of cheer emote.

I also greatly miss /excited, rock paper scissors emotes, /roll #, /STAND, /pout, male mesmer sit emote, /sorry, necro dances, warrior dances, ele dances, female monk dance, assassin female dance, /boo, /zrank, /cough maybe.

I guess I am a dirty roleplayer. From a GW1 players PoV the emotes could be better here, lets say it like that. :lol:

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> in case you wonder, this is a list of emotes GW1 has, the chat channel reconizes them but they do nothing.

> https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emote

> it's time Anet uses the inactives one.

What?! They already have the necessary assets from the previous game?! **/facepalm**

[Edit] Here is another recent thread on the same topic: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/137978