Summoner Support Tempest (SST for short)

Eddbopkins.2630

I am trying few a few setup and builds for tempest support pvp, so far this seem to work well for tempest support like you said, since they get boon, aura, healing like a regular player, and does good damage, but drawback is that you need time to build up.

However i was wondering if you are aware if your equipement or talent would affect their damage or healing?

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Which elementals do you summon ?

Each summons does something different.

The mini ice monster lays down a ice field that u can use to leap threw for aura or blast healing I believe.

Mini air monster is long range attacker and give swiftness periodically.

The elite ice monster does an outstanding 7.5k heal on a 12 second cooldown So that can be usefull when used correctly

The elite rock monster does protection cripple and imobi good for damage reduction and slowing the enemy down.

These are the ones I know off the top of my head. The others I'll have to try them out.

I mostly used the mini air monsters the most as those don't go into mele range as often and get killed.

You can have up to 5 monsters at ur back. 4 little ones and 1 big one.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> Builds I've seen mostly fire elementals for damage

I use the air ones. Here's alittle tip on how to use them.......u don't have to be in attacking range ur self to make them initiate attacking.

Try going to a test dummy in the mist and summon a few air elementals, then stand up to 1200 range away, all u have to do to get ur little army to attack is press 1. Unfortunately they won't stop till the target is dead but u can very easily switch target my targeting something else and pressing 1.

They will go to w.e target u are oneing.

> @"insistent.8369" said:

> I am trying few a few setup and builds for tempest support pvp, so far this seem to work well for tempest support like you said, since they get boon, aura, healing like a regular player, and does good damage, but drawback is that you need time to build up.

> However i was wondering if you are aware if your equipement or talent would affect their damage or healing?

Nothing affects their damage (outside of burn on fire pets) , that's why they are useless in general. The only impactful elementals are elite ice (chill field occasionally, knockback and huge heal on skill) and earth (weaknesses on auto, immob+prot on skill).

Small ones do very low damage and die quite easily. Air traits in this build are also very questionable and unnecessary for a support build. Weapons offer 0 personal defense.

Generally you could use this build to farm noobs in unranked because build has no synergy, no defense and no damage for anything above that. You can only hope that no one attacks you so you can support allies with some heals and boons while CCing enemies, but if someone jumps on you, you're dead after mist form runs out.

The small air one seems to do good damage when theres 3-4 of them yesterday some warrior on a match just stayed in front of me doing nothing for some reason, only used these minion to attack and he died surprisingly quick, and overall keep distance when needed, bt like you said they are fragile and need time to build up to limit.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> Small ones do very low damage and die quite easily. Air traits in this build are also very questionable and unnecessary for a support build. Weapons offer 0 personal defense.

I agree air is bad on a non dps build. But he needed air for inscription, a trait that should have been on arcane since glyph effects depend on attunement.

He never mentioned pvp, this is more an open world build IMO.

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > Small ones do very low damage and die quite easily. Air traits in this build are also very questionable and unnecessary for a support build. Weapons offer 0 personal defense.

>

> I agree air is bad on a non dps build. But he needed air for inscription, a trait that should have been on arcane since glyph effects depend on attunement.

>

> He never mentioned pvp, this is more an open world build IMO.

Inscription doesnt make your elementals better. It doesnt make anything better really, you can take arcane spec and get these boons easier while sharing them to allies and having more useful traits overall (or any other spec for their defensive/supportive purpose since you wont be doing any damage with this build).

Pvp wasnt mentioned, but the build editor states that it's a pvp build. I see no reason to run a healing build with elementals in open world whatsoever.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > Small ones do very low damage and die quite easily. Air traits in this build are also very questionable and unnecessary for a support build. Weapons offer 0 personal defense.

> >

> > I agree air is bad on a non dps build. But he needed air for inscription, a trait that should have been on arcane since glyph effects depend on attunement.

> >

> > He never mentioned pvp, this is more an open world build IMO.

>

> Inscription doesnt make your elementals better. It doesnt make anything better really, you can take arcane spec and get these boons easier while sharing them to allies and having more useful traits overall (or any other spec for their defensive/supportive purpose since you wont be doing any damage with this build).

>

> Pvp wasnt mentioned, but the build editor states that it's a pvp build. I see no reason to run a healing build with elementals in open world whatsoever.

Faster recharge, it allows more uptime to 5 or maybe 6 elementals. It might be fun, although I wouldn't play it. Agree it is still wasting a lot for one trait. But if the theme is elementals, then inscription without any question.