Top Posters In This Topic

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> >

> >

> > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > >

> > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > >

> > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> >

> > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> >

>

> Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

>

> I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

The 3rd party solution is perfect for such a game. It keeps DPS meters useful to improve and easy to limit on the game modes that they are actually relevant. You have to take initiative to use it and that is a great filter as simple as it may sound. An official in-game meter would not have that.

Oh yeah. Add an official tool where players can take it in the wrong direction and use it to filter group composition and ensue more elitist behavior. I wonder what could go wrong. ...

This is best done by 3rd party because it can become a divider and hurt a lot the community of the game. When done by a third party developer, the game developer's can simply wash their hands and leave the decision to the players, so a tool like this will never, EVER, be developed by ArenaNet. If you're getting filtered from group, it's not because the developers provided an official way for players to do so, but because the players themselves did it and decide it. So no blame falls on ANet for community toxicity and elitism.

We could use the build/trait saver though, which a third party developer was able to do. That's a different story

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > >

> > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > >

> > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > >

> > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > >

> >

> > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> >

> > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

>

> In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> @Sethorus.9231 said:

> Oh yeah. Add an official tool where players can take it in the wrong direction and use it to filter group composition and ensue more elitist behavior. I wonder what could go wrong. ...

>

The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is. Anet hs worked with the modder and accepts that DPs meters are part of the game, as such, they may as well be a PART of the game, not some hackneyed mod.

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > Can we just don't have a DPS meter at all? I hate having some tryhard to annoy me because I'm not running a meta build that should be doing more dps than I currently do.

> > >

> > > It's a tool. It's not a prerequisite for playing the game. Don't use it, problem solved. Don't join meta parties, another problem solved.

> >

> > Other day I was playing my Weaver for the lulz (I have absolutely no idea of how to properly play Weaver) in some pug T4 fractals (Not Nightmare or Shattered) and I had this one guy complaining that I was being outdps'ed by a Chrono... Yeah, I don't use arcDPS because I don't give a kitten about dps meters anymore (I quit PvE hardcoring when I quit WoW 5 years ago) but there are those who use, and will talk kitten when they see you're not performing "as you should".

> >

> > I curse the guy who made arcDPS every single day.

>

> You joined a meta party. Something you shouldn't do if you don't give a kitten anymore, because you're grouping with people who do and you're pissing them off. Don't join meta parties, problem solved. Like I already said. I really don't like to repeat myself and I don't like when people insist that I do.

"T4 daily" in no way indicates it's meta party. Also, no cm T4s in no way justify elitism. This is medium level content for casuals or semi-casuals. There is no justification for such behaviour in the party.

While I personally have no reason or will to use dps meter, I am all for making it built in game feature. Currently 3rd party tool is too much of a risk for anyone to be allowed.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

>

> The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

If this was the case they would have never allowed this tool in the first place. Any possible problems it causes will result in hundreds or thousands of tickets even though they refuse taking responsibility.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > >

> > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > >

> > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > >

> > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> >

> > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

>

> What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

> >

> > The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

>

> If this was the case they would have never allowed this tool in the first place. Any possible problems it causes will result in hundreds or thousands of tickets even though they refuse taking responsibility.

And they can safely ignore those tickets because it wasn't created by them. If it was an Anet-made dps meter they'd have to respond to those tickets, that's the big difference. And then they'd have to follow every ticket, try to find out who was responsible for what and so on. Now they only respond where it actually makes sense to respond, when someone is abusive, when someone is rude and when someone is a horrible human being, with or without meters, and deal with them appropriately.

I honestly doubt anyone is making a ticket when they are kicked from parties "due to dps meters".

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

> > >

> > > The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

> >

> > If this was the case they would have never allowed this tool in the first place. Any possible problems it causes will result in hundreds or thousands of tickets even though they refuse taking responsibility.

>

> And they can safely ignore those tickets because it wasn't created by them. If it was an Anet-made dps meter they'd have to respond to those tickets, that's the big difference. And then they'd have to follow every ticket, try to find out who was responsible for what and so on. Now they only respond where it actually makes sense to respond, when someone is abusive, when someone is rude and when someone is a horrible human being, with or without meters, and deal with them appropriately.

These tickets have impact on waiting queues because still an agent needs to check them before closing.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> I honestly doubt anyone is making a ticket when they are kicked from parties "due to dps meters".

Which makes your previous statement pointless.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

>The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

> > > >

> > > > The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

> > >

> > > If this was the case they would have never allowed this tool in the first place. Any possible problems it causes will result in hundreds or thousands of tickets even though they refuse taking responsibility.

> >

> > And they can safely ignore those tickets because it wasn't created by them. If it was an Anet-made dps meter they'd have to respond to those tickets, that's the big difference. And then they'd have to follow every ticket, try to find out who was responsible for what and so on. Now they only respond where it actually makes sense to respond, when someone is abusive, when someone is rude and when someone is a horrible human being, with or without meters, and deal with them appropriately.

>

> These tickets have impact on waiting queues because still an agent needs to check them before closing.

>

> > I honestly doubt anyone is making a ticket when they are kicked from parties "due to dps meters".

>

> Which makes your previous statement pointless.

> >The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments.

It doesn't. The point he's making is if the meter is official it might encourage people to report being kicked out "because of it".

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is.

> > > > >

> > > > > The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments. Even if they endorse it, even if it's official, even if everyone can use it, there will be lots of complaints, I mean just look at a simple third party software causing lots of comments, an official one would cause a lot more. And this time they'd have to respond to it. Too much work for their support team to be honest

> > > >

> > > > If this was the case they would have never allowed this tool in the first place. Any possible problems it causes will result in hundreds or thousands of tickets even though they refuse taking responsibility.

> > >

> > > And they can safely ignore those tickets because it wasn't created by them. If it was an Anet-made dps meter they'd have to respond to those tickets, that's the big difference. And then they'd have to follow every ticket, try to find out who was responsible for what and so on. Now they only respond where it actually makes sense to respond, when someone is abusive, when someone is rude and when someone is a horrible human being, with or without meters, and deal with them appropriately.

> >

> > These tickets have impact on waiting queues because still an agent needs to check them before closing.

> >

> > > I honestly doubt anyone is making a ticket when they are kicked from parties "due to dps meters".

> >

> > Which makes your previous statement pointless.

> > >The objection is that if they make an official dps meter their support team will be overwhelmed with "I got kicked please do something about it" comments.

>

> It doesn't. The point he's making is if the meter is official it might encourage people to report being kicked out "because of it".

Whatever problems arc or any other 3rd party tool will ever cause, there will be people sending tickets. There is no avoiding it after anet allowed it.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> These tickets have impact on waiting queues because still an agent needs to check them before closing.

>

I'm saying that **now** nobody sends tickets when they are kicked by dps meter usage. It's more about complaining on forums about it. And even if someone does send a ticket for whatever reason, it's not the responsibility of Anet, therefore it can be easily ignored.

If it was an Anet-made tool then we'd have way more tickets, and Anet would be obligated to respond to them. If Anet made an official dps-tool then what we'd see is claims of people getting just "because the evil meter said so".

Just take a look at every single thread about people getting kicked because of dps-meters, the OPs are NEVER honest nor they give the entire story about their kicks. They simply blame the evil meter, and it doesn't help that the anti-meter crowd jumps in to defend them instantly, confusing things even further. Yet, if it was an official tool Anet would have to actually find that full story. On every single case. And waste valuable time on absolute non-sense.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Sethorus.9231 said:

> > Oh yeah. Add an official tool where players can take it in the wrong direction and use it to filter group composition and ensue more elitist behavior. I wonder what could go wrong. ...

> >

>

> The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is. Anet hs worked with the modder and accepts that DPs meters are part of the game, as such, they may as well be a PART of the game, not some hackneyed mod.

>

Wrong. DPS meters and logs are suppose to help players analyze their performance and group performance to verify what could be improved. maddoctor.2738 provided a pretty nice complement explanation regarding the reasons why you won't see an official dps meter.

DPS meter is nice but in the end, it is really just a small portion of players who need it. The 3rd party dps meter already provides enough functionality.

Remember that the most challenge content in this game can be beaten easily w/o the help of any dps measure.

If Anet has to choose forming a team for dps meter or for creating more content, I would vote for the latter any day of the week.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > These tickets have impact on waiting queues because still an agent needs to check them before closing.

> >

>

> I'm saying that **now** nobody sends tickets when they are kicked by dps meter usage. It's more about complaining on forums about it. And even if someone does send a ticket for whatever reason, it's not the responsibility of Anet, therefore it can be easily ignored.

> If it was an Anet-made tool then we'd have way more tickets, and Anet would be obligated to respond to them. If Anet made an official dps-tool then what we'd see is claims of people getting just "because the evil meter said so".

>

> Just take a look at every single thread about people getting kicked because of dps-meters, the OPs are NEVER honest nor they give the entire story about their kicks. They simply blame the evil meter, and it doesn't help that the anti-meter crowd jumps in to defend them instantly, confusing things even further. Yet, if it was an official tool Anet would have to actually find that full story. On every single case. And waste valuable time on absolute non-sense.

First off.. how do you people are not submitting tickets, I believe there was quite a long discussion about getting kicked at the boss mob, and the solution offered was "Submit a ticket" so.. to say that people are not submitting tickets over any and every reason they got kicked, including DPS meter kicks would either be drawn from delusional idealism, or blanket dishonesty about what we already know is really the case.

With that said, in the end, is better to have everyone have a meter. and accept that they are just going to be a part of the game, and the only way to make that happen, is if Anet puts in their own meter, that is a part of the game.

> @Feanor.2358 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > >

> > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > >

> > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > >

> > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> >

> > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

>

> You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> First off.. how do you people are not submitting tickets, I believe there was quite a long discussion about getting kicked at the boss mob, and the solution offered was "Submit a ticket" so.. to say that people are not submitting tickets over any and every reason they got kicked, including DPS meter kicks would either be drawn from delusional idealism, or blanket dishonesty about what we already know is really the case.

>

> With that said, in the end, is better to have everyone have a meter. and accept that they are just going to be a part of the game, and the only way to make that happen, is if Anet puts in their own meter, that is a part of the game.

Getting kicked at the boss mob and getting kicked "because of dps meters" are two entirely different things, one can be reported, the other cannot. "I was kicked due to dps meters" is a completely ridiculous statement as proven by every single "I was kicked by dps meters" thread that has appeared so far, on this new forum and the old one. The one who made the post was always and without fail hiding something, they never gave all the relevant information and in most cases they would've been kicked anyway with or without meters. It doesn't help that the anti-meter crowd always jumps in to defend the one who got kicked without even knowing what actually happened.

In the end Anet will never create a dps meter tool anyway so request it from them all you want.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> In the end Anet will never create a dps meter tool anyway so request it from them all you want.

You really shouldn't say such things without red tag on your posts. You are in no place for making bold statements on behalve of anet.

Anyway, as mentioned before, as long as people state their minds anet can always change their mind. I share OP's opinion and I'm against 3rd party tools in this game.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> You really shouldn't say such things without red tag on your posts. You are in no place for making bold statements on behalve of anet.

>

> Anyway, as mentioned before, as long as people state their minds anet can always change their mind. I share OP's opinion and I'm against 3rd party tools in this game.

I gave plenty of reasons why they won't, it wasn't a blanket statement.

And now with the advent of websites like GW2Raidar, it's even more unlikely that we'll get an official dps meter.

Seriously a developer would never say never to any feature anyway. More like "maybe not now but everything is on the table".

> @Sethorus.9231 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Sethorus.9231 said:

> > > Oh yeah. Add an official tool where players can take it in the wrong direction and use it to filter group composition and ensue more elitist behavior. I wonder what could go wrong. ...

> > >

> >

> > The Existence of DPS meters is the byproduct of Elitist behavior, and since people already "filter groups" with the 3rd party software, I have no idea what your objection is. Anet hs worked with the modder and accepts that DPs meters are part of the game, as such, they may as well be a PART of the game, not some hackneyed mod.

> >

>

> Wrong. DPS meters and logs are suppose to help players analyze their performance and group performance to verify what could be improved.

If the information was put there to help the players get better, they it simply makes the most sense for Anet to provide a means for players to use that information effectively.

Which supports them putting in the Meters.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> In the end Anet will never create a dps meter tool anyway so request it from them all you want.

That is not for you to say.

But since they already have meters active in PvP, it seems kinda foolish to say they won't make what they already made. Just saying on that one.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Feanor.2358 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Verenhimo.3296 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > > > > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Kundry.1249 said:

> > > > > > > > > Even in WoW, where DPS meters are the norm and everyone has it, they are made by third parties (as are the boss mods, which are also mandatory for raiding). There's no need for Anet to make their own.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ArenaNet is all about being not-Blizzard. This is the very promise of this company and the game itself. Guild Wars 2 original manifest was about creating new, better standards for mmo genre.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If that's true then they failed. They gave in and added raids when reworked dungeons/5 man content could have filled that role perfectly. Then dps meters. Who know what's the next silly feature coming from wow? item level? world first leaderboards? Garrisons? Farming to keep your gear fed?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And how are raids literally just not bigger group content? there is a desire for big group content too do with more than 5 of your friends, if you can honestly list any way raids are different to CM fractals or shattered/nightmare outside of scope & player count, I'd happily concede on this point.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Ins't scope the whole problem with raids to start with. But, to answer your question, last I looked, which was quite a while ago, raids, unlike fractals, had roles that needed to be filled, like Condi, Power, Tank, Healer, and things like Knockback abilities, etc, as a mandatory to complete the encounter, where fractals., again, last I looked.. do not have such needed roles to be filled.

> > > > >

> > > > > I could be wrong, as it's been a while, but I don't think I read anywhere where they removed the special roles from raids, or added them to fractals.

> > > >

> > > > In all honesty, I wouldn't go with a random comp on fractal CMs. Sure, technically you *can* do it successfully, but it will be such a struggle that I'd rather not. And technically you can do that in raids to, much to the same outcome. Furthermore, since I went down that path, I don't really want to play normal T4 fractals with a random comp either. It just makes things messy and slower for no reason. I had my fair share of running around, rezzing downed allies and eventually killing stuff. Now I prefer cleaner, smoother experience where everyone knows their role in the fight, does it decently and we kill the boss in no time.

> > >

> > > What does what you are saying, have anything to do with what I said?

> >

> > You claimed there are no roles in fractals. Wrong, there are.

>

> I have never had a fractal party have wait for a healer to join, maybe that is just a thing you and yours do, I guess. But. never seen it.

You might have not seen it, it doesn't make it not exist. Just check the lfg. There are always parties asking for specific classes and builds.