Would you like S/S THIEF in a future update/expansion?

TheThief.8475

Gs Samurai themed spec be great.

Warrior has gs and skills don't suit samurai at all, maybe gs5.

Thief has images of pop culture ninja's in most of it's traits and given most its utilities ie smoke bombs and caltrops and over all gameplay I'd say ninja already exist in gw2. There's quit a few of pop culture inspired ninja med armors already in the game as well including variations of the pop culture ninja masks lol.

Ninja or shinobi was just a profession title.

Every single documented ninja in history belonged to a samurai family. The whole ninjas were farmers was just a assumption of probability that there probobly were some. Most farmers that were ninja were farming even for yrs and was part of their job as being a spy but were still originally part of a samurai family and chosen to perform these duties. Ninjutsu was proven to be developed by early samurai families and taught as part of their teachings from a young age but only few took on the title and performed the select duties. Most famous ninja in history h honzo was a famous samurai chosen to lead the family's extended ninja clan. The ninja vs samurai crap in false as well as it was samurai clan vs samurai clan as each would send shinobi to sabotage each other or more often just gain info.

Iga and koga schools in mountains were full of members who at one hand held the title of samurai but were dishonored or without a lord. It was only presumed farmers etc would have also seeked training and work there. But most were chosen with in their samurai family to train there under the chosen leaders. There is no real documentation of any shinobi that were not also known to be samurai. Even the shuriken is BS. wasn't thrown until pop culture sunk its teeth into it. Was designed as a last resort stabbing slashing weapon by guess who? Samurai. That's why the finger slots are usually designed at base of each point. Even caltrops were developed by the samurai initially.

All real life documents leads to the facts all known shinobi were samurai's who took on the tittle to allow themperform select duties that they couldn't under the samurai title, that said all samurai were taught ninjutsu from a young age along side all the other samurai teachings.

So considering thief has in a lot of obvious ways taken on the assassin/spy role (shinobi) and does not have a gs a samurai spec with a gs I say samurai would fit perfectly especially given the expac theme. whether they just stick with belinda's skin or make a new one doesn't really matter or to really change things up make a slightly shorter gs/katana skin and have it mounted on the hip of the charecter like the one handed sword models,cant be that hard. Dual sword (katana skins) with kimodo garb would fit as well.

Torch etc would be ok but hardly capitalizing on the theme of cantha.

I'm a weeb and visited the museum in iga almost 10 yrs ago and was a amazing experience, I knew something was up when there was as much or more samurai exhibits than shinobi, then learned I'd been lied to by pop culture all these years. Those ba$tards lol

My personal favourite for a new elite spec for thief would be a gang leader, basically yakuza.

It would fit the theme of Cantha, especially if you consider that historically there already have been gangs fighting for power in the big city Kaineng (Am Fah and the Jade Brotherhood). Also thief is one of just 2 remaining classes without any real minion mechanic (warrior is the other one). If Revenant can get an elite spec focused on summoning additional units, I think they can do the same for the thief.

So basically the thief becomes the leader of his own little gang. The new utility skills all summon one member of the gang and they all have different tasks. The weapon I would use for that spec would be MH axe, maybe adding OH axe too.

I personally want a Dual Torch Trickster type spec (Rogue-Mage) that manipulates Black Flames (kinda like lighting whip) and a variation of Shadow Form from GW1 via covering self in black fire but they'd never do that. It'd be really unique though to make more important use of a weapon that's typically only ever an offhand.

And if they only add an offhand weapon like /S then that reduces the amount of combinations we could use for dual skills but that would probably be the case since it's less work for Anet.

Only other thing I'd be interested in is dual Axe Bandit/Barbarian type spec but that isn't as original; basically just Fire Emblem.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> I would like to see dual-short-swords, but dual-long-swords looks dumb.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> Not likely. The only "assassin" that uses dual swords is Shiro

There were [a ](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Alari%27s_Double_Blades)[few](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Law_and_Order) [other](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oroku%27s_Slicers) [daggers](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Decade_Daggers_%22High_Noon%22) besides Shiro's that were skinned as dual swords, but have you seen the [insert legion] combat blade skins that were just added? Along with the really short sword from the boreal weapon set(s), it shows they're willing to add sword skins that are dagger or short-sword length.

If we got off-hand sword, the elite spec exotic weapon could have a dagger/short-sword skin, and the ascended weapon could be a fancier full-length sword version.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Dual swords or gs ronin would be great, than a spear and samurai looking heavy armor skin for war, just wish warrior gs skills were more martial arts oriented as well as lb being more like rangers comparable to what it is now lol. These would make the expansion for me lol

I understand what you mean, warrior gs skills are just "MEH", long bow skills should be completely reworked since they are useless (maybe decent in condi build, but i don't think so).

Thief is the only one remained to bring to the gs a NEW type of gameplay .

Spear warrior could also be really good if they bring variety to power warrior (maybe alternatives to banner slave ahaha) with funny playstyle would be good.

I will be glad to return to my warrior if this happen :)

> @"TheThief.8475" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Dual swords or gs ronin would be great, than a spear and samurai looking heavy armor skin for war, just wish warrior gs skills were more martial arts oriented as well as lb being more like rangers comparable to what it is now lol. These would make the expansion for me lol

>

> I understand what you mean, warrior gs skills are just "MEH", long bow skills should be completely reworked since they are useless (maybe decent in condi build, but i don't think so).

> Thief is the only one remained to bring to the gs a NEW type of gameplay .

> Spear warrior could also be really good if they bring variety to power warrior (maybe alternatives to banner slave ahaha) with funny playstyle would be good.

> I will be glad to return to my warrior if this happen :)

Yeah very true about warriors gs but in comparison war gs is still more interesting and fun to use than thiefs sword skills lol s/d is spam s2, autos and few s3 cuz oh dagger skulls are niche and just lolz, d/p is spamming .... well u kno haha so 100% gs would be awesome for thief and I'd say has a higher chance of avoiding the spam one or two skills issues thief has going on right now as hopefully they would design gs skill to avoid that. I like the off hand sword thought as well but then u run the risk of if the new skills arnt useful or if only one is ud end up with same playstyle that all my sword builds use right now which would be unfortunate lol.

Thief needs something to really change up its playstyle as a new espec.

Gs or karsigamas for the win in my books lol

> @"TheThief.8475" said:

> [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OGM9OkMsSG12n_PIoTQgwnV09HHrOyxN](https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OGM9OkMsSG12n_PIoTQgwnV09HHrOyxN)

>

> I was just playing living word season 4 and i got a crazy idea : double gs thief (yes is crazy hahahaha)

> But look at this screen :q

Not crazy at all but think that be a warrior thing lol especially in zerk builds haha

> @"hatsamu.4327" said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > I would like to see dual-short-swords, but dual-long-swords looks dumb.

>

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

>

> > Not likely. The only "assassin" that uses dual swords is Shiro

>

> There were [a ](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Alari%27s_Double_Blades)[few](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Law_and_Order) [other](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oroku%27s_Slicers) [daggers](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Decade_Daggers_%22High_Noon%22) besides Shiro's that were skinned as dual swords, but have you seen the [insert legion] combat blade skins that were just added? Along with the really short sword from the boreal weapon set(s), it shows they're willing to add sword skins that are dagger or short-sword length.

>

> If we got off-hand sword, the elite spec exotic weapon could have a dagger/short-sword skin, and the ascended weapon could be a fancier full-length sword version.

>

That's basically what I'm referring to. The Boreal short sword looks good and will make sense, but the other long swords look dumb.

Those hoping for a bruiser style build...give up. They will never give a bruiser play style to something with such easy access to stealth. Daredevil is the thief bruiser, for good or ill it's as close as we're getting.

The great sword is NOT a kitana, kitana are worn on the hip and in this game would be better served as a normal sword because of that very reason (also length of a kitana is more a single hand sword length for this game). You could never have kitana style attacks coming from most great sword skins in this game. The kitana is focus and speed over strength style of weapon, GS in this game is a giant hunk of metal you throw around like you are Guts. I would love to see a samurai style, but it is most likely to happen in the warrior as a new set of skills for the sword only while the specialization is equiped than anything else. After all, the thief lacks any meaningful way of handling a samurai duel (iajitsu) in that you are supposed to build up your focus and energy and release it all in one attack (burst skills).

Considering Cantha is next, a Yukuza theme is most likely and my guess is it will be mace/mace or torch offhand. The Yakuza use knives and blunt objects most often. The utility skills will likely be fire based for the simple fact the Yakuza tend to light things on fire as a message to others. This would give the thief a condition damage focused elite specialization which it currently lacks. Mace/mace would also allow for a more controlling playstyle instead of a sneaking play style through daze/stun/knock/etc if they don't go the fire route. However a condition focused spec would be appreciated just for build diversity.

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> Those hoping for a bruiser style build...give up. They will never give a bruiser play style to something with such easy access to stealth.

They could just give it a minor trait that reveals them a split second after they entered stealth.

That way, Stealth traits activate, without giving Thief a practical use out of it (other than being de-targetted).

> @"Runiir.6425" said:

> Those hoping for a bruiser style build...give up. They will never give a bruiser play style to something with such easy access to stealth. Daredevil is the thief bruiser, for good or ill it's as close as we're getting.

>

> The great sword is NOT a kitana, kitana are worn on the hip and in this game would be better served as a normal sword because of that very reason (also length of a kitana is more a single hand sword length for this game). You could never have kitana style attacks coming from most great sword skins in this game. The kitana is focus and speed over strength style of weapon, GS in this game is a giant hunk of metal you throw around like you are Guts. I would love to see a samurai style, but it is most likely to happen in the warrior as a new set of skills for the sword only while the specialization is equiped than anything else. After all, the thief lacks any meaningful way of handling a samurai duel (iajitsu) in that you are supposed to build up your focus and energy and release it all in one attack (burst skills).

>

> Considering Cantha is next, a Yukuza theme is most likely and my guess is it will be mace/mace or torch offhand. The Yakuza use knives and blunt objects most often. The utility skills will likely be fire based for the simple fact the Yakuza tend to light things on fire as a message to others. This would give the thief a condition damage focused elite specialization which it currently lacks. Mace/mace would also allow for a more controlling playstyle instead of a sneaking play style through daze/stun/knock/etc if they don't go the fire route. However a condition focused spec would be appreciated just for build diversity.

If they want thieves to quit the game this is a good idea. Lol