Great job on the recent update. Please look at Ranger next

mes.4607

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > That's funny some is asking for context when a guard screenshot with high damage gets posted, but if some posts for the millionth time they got smoked by a pet because they couldn't dodge GS 2-5-2 everyone takes it at face value.

> > > >

> > > > Never change forums, you make me smile every day.

> > >

> > > Of course I'm going to ask for context when I play DH an obscene amount of hours per day and have never seen numbers that high in my life post patch

> >

> > Radiance dh should be able to hit those numbers with unscathed contender, zealots aggression and bgh. But yeah, have fun staying alive on that.

>

> You couldn't pay me to run that...

Every man has a price. B)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> @"LIB.2678" said:

> This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

>

> I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

>

> TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

Those 10k maul builds have to blow multiple utilities and drop condi clear almost entirely to hit those numbers.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> >

> > I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

> >

> > TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

>

> Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

Except it's not when you have as much survivability and disengage as Ranger does when running what they call "glass"

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > > > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> > >

> > > I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

> > >

> > > TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

> >

> > Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

>

> Except it's not when you have as much survivability and disengage as Ranger does when running what they call "glass"

Where is this survivability coming from and which skills are the soulbeast using to disengage?

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > > > > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> > > >

> > > > I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

> > > >

> > > > TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

> > >

> > > Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

> >

> > Except it's not when you have as much survivability and disengage as Ranger does when running what they call "glass"

>

> Where is this survivability coming from and which skills are the soulbeast using to disengage?

Bro... You know what the skills are, you main Ranger. It's not like you can't know...

* Greatsword 4 block... I have no idea why it lasts for 3 seconds and has a CD of 15 seconds (and negates attacks from all directions)

* Swoop (evade + leap that covers 1,000 range + leap combo finisher + can be used for stealth)

* Smoke Assault (has no wind up animation + evade + teleport)

* Pet CC

The list goes on and on... The **main** issue I have isn't with their survivability / disengage skills. What I find crazy right now are Mauls and Worldly Impacts chunking off people's HP bars

I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

We could all go back and forth all day on this issue... The data is out there, so it's up to anet on what they decide to do. I have no animosity towards anyone, but we can't pretend that there aren't balance issues at the moment that need to be fixed. Ranger isn't the only thing that needs to be looked at, but it's one of them. I'm happy that anet dropped an update to balance 1 week after a major balance patch. I hope they continue to fine tune balance over time. It'll never be perfect, but I hope we reach a 'great' level of balance this year

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > > > > > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> > > > >

> > > > > I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

> > > > >

> > > > > TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

> > > >

> > > > Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

> > >

> > > Except it's not when you have as much survivability and disengage as Ranger does when running what they call "glass"

> >

> > Where is this survivability coming from and which skills are the soulbeast using to disengage?

>

> Bro... You know what the skills are, you main Ranger. It's not like you can't know...

>

> * Greatsword 4 block... I have no idea why it lasts for 3 seconds and has a CD of 15 seconds (and negates attacks from all directions)

> * Swoop (evade + leap that covers 1,000 range + leap combo finisher + can be used for stealth)

> * Smoke Assault (has no wind up animation + evade + teleport)

> * Pet CC

>

> The list goes on and on... The **main** issue I have isn't with their survivability / disengage skills. What I find crazy right now are Mauls and Worldly Impacts chunking off people's HP bars

>

> I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

Yeah I know I'm just asking.

- For GS4, the CD is 25 seconds or 20 seconds while traited and you can either bait it out or land your F1 spear through it.

- To prevent a ranger from disengaging with swoop, look for when he faces away from you or detargets when using GS and then use a CC to stop the first half of the animation (the non-evade portion of the ability). You can also pull him during this.

- Smoke Assault doesn't deal much damage, and you can time a CC for the end of the evade frames.

- Pet CC is just something you're going to have to watch the animations for.

- Damage modifiers could be lowered but you can also walk out of WI since it's stationary.

Also if you're around I can 1v1 you tonight just lmk.

What the hell is this pathetic discussion. After this disapointing patch Core rangers and soulbeasts are now forced to run marksmanship traitline, berzerler amulet, w/e power runes, sicem with soulbeast, prolly having might aswell with there attacks; with all that combined the least u would expect them to hit u is atleast a "7.1k" whats wrong with these people that ask for nerfs without understanding the builds they are facing, so u want them to hit u with 3-4k? Is that what u want Are u kidding me... every time i come to have a look at the forums its just funny and sad all u guys ask for is nerfs after nerfs after nerfs, when will u guys ever be accepting? Reason why the devs did this is because of u guys who are never satisfied, and i agree this was a very bad patch towards the game, instead of understanding the mechanics behind each class and its roles they chose to just neef everything and start "laying some ground work". they have been saying the same exact words with every big patch drop every single time. stop asking for nerfs that would ruin classes, because even if they are nerfed more ppl will ask for more nerfs untill its completly unplayable. Just stop honestly this whole discussion is pathetic

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > @"LIB.2678" said:

> > > > > > > This thread broke my years of lurking. How does a top 20 Dragonhunter get to complain about ranger dmg when he's getting 10k test of faiths on squishies and is arguably one of the best counters to power ranger with ranged dps, ports, and way more block uptime than ranger?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have not seen one 10k Test of Faith post patch (not even sure if I ever got one pre patch). The screen shot shared was not of me doing damage... As we discussed a couple comments above, the DH must have been running some balls to the wall, low survivability build. As far as block uptime, I do have more aegis access, but my F3 block is the same duration as Ranger's GS 4 block, but GS 4 has a much lower CD. Though, it can be seen as comparing apples to oranges...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > TLDR: My Test of Faith crits for 3-5k (same for True Shot)

> > > > >

> > > > > Just like how a soulbeast runs a "balls to the wall, low survivability build."

> > > >

> > > > Except it's not when you have as much survivability and disengage as Ranger does when running what they call "glass"

> > >

> > > Where is this survivability coming from and which skills are the soulbeast using to disengage?

> >

> > Bro... You know what the skills are, you main Ranger. It's not like you can't know...

> >

> > * Greatsword 4 block... I have no idea why it lasts for 3 seconds and has a CD of 15 seconds (and negates attacks from all directions)

> > * Swoop (evade + leap that covers 1,000 range + leap combo finisher + can be used for stealth)

> > * Smoke Assault (has no wind up animation + evade + teleport)

> > * Pet CC

> >

> > The list goes on and on... The **main** issue I have isn't with their survivability / disengage skills. What I find crazy right now are Mauls and Worldly Impacts chunking off people's HP bars

> >

> > I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

>

> Yeah I know I'm just asking.

>

> - For GS4, the CD is 25 seconds or 20 seconds while traited and you can either bait it out or land your F1 spear through it.

> - To prevent a ranger from disengaging with swoop, look for when he faces away from you or detargets when using GS and then use a CC to stop the first half of the animation (the non-evade portion of the ability). You can also pull him during this.

> - Smoke Assault doesn't deal much damage, and you can time a CC for the end of the evade frames.

> - Pet CC is just something you're going to have to watch the animations for.

> - Damage modifiers could be lowered but you can also walk out of WI since it's stationary.

>

> Also if you're around I can 1v1 you tonight just lmk.

Yeah I'll be on. I'll PM / mail you if we're on at the same time

Where were you people when Ranger was mauling people for ALL of people's health bars???

Now we are complaining??? Good grief these forums are not even funny anymore, they are just sad. I see why people just don't even bother and just play the game, the logic here is baffling.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> Where were you people when Ranger was mauling people for ALL of people's health bars???

>

> Now we are complaining??? Good grief these forums are not even funny anymore, they are just sad. I see why people just don't even bother and just play the game, the logic here is baffling.

Like I said before, the logic of these forums is "I died to something. I died because that something is OP and needs nerfs."

Assuming what was said on the prior page was true, OP had hard fought 2v2s against literally one of the best rangers in this game who made it to world championships etc, and barely lost, and therefore ranger is OP.

Ya ok. OP seems like a cool headed guy who is trying to have a serious discussion about it so I'm not gonna tell him to L2P or anything b/c obviously he's good enough to be competing with a top tier ranger, but when you are calling for nerfs of ranger citing a 7.1k maul of all things and. . . .smoke assault animation. . .I question things.

You do realize a FULLY glass ranger (2-3 offense uts and all damage traits + zerker etc) can do like 15k on other glass with maul still, right? You were even shown proof that the class you were playing (DH) can do the exact same thing with full glass. Every class can do it because zerker amulet and damage modifiers exist. I predict that's the next thing people are going to call to be removed, because apparently dying is not fun?

You cite ranger having more active defense than other glass builds so it needs a nerf? Bullkitten, glass power core mesmer has much better active defense IMO when traited fully glass for example, and the way these rangers melt like butter when I catch them is appropriate for the way they make you melt like butter when they catch you. It just sounds like you, and the other people complaining about this, like slower-paced "strategic" combat, where as a number of the rest of us like faster based twitch combat.

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > if maul actually got its cd increased like every other # 2 skill I wouldn't mind. then theres still hilt bash which recharges it... whatever tho.

> >

> > I think this is a valid argument, hilt bash resetting a 8-12s cool down skill seems OK when it hits 7-10k.

>

> Maul did get a cd increase. So did swoop. So did counterattack. And every skill on GS got coefficient nerfs.

>

> Problem is no one is playing a class with port or ranged damage. So ranger gets to pew pew to its heart content or casually swagger on in and can afford to take a dps modifier utility to hit these big numbers with GS.

>

> Be good at dragon hunter, profit. Be good at thief, profit. Take offhand sword/shiro again, profit. Play dps guard well, profit. Be good at power mesmer, profit. Be good at DE, profit. Be good at reaper even, kinda profit. Go tankier and out sustain while still doing pressure, profit. Take pulls, profit. Play condi, profit. Take rings of warding, etc. For when stab ends, profit. Be good at spellbreaker, profit.

>

> The damage might be a little too high... but given that a FULLY glass build can only do like 5k mauls on tanky people is also insane... we are very close to a bunker bruiser meta... and imo that's not healthy. A berserker full glass build should always be able to kill something.

>

> **Really though, I think no one is even trying to counter ranger right now, besides crying on the forums. And that's the difference. You really couldn't build to counter necro, rev, or fb. And for the most part skill wasn't even a factor. You can 100% counter build ranger and can also beat it with skill...**

>

> Full dps soulbeast only has bear stance for condi clear. Get the heal out, condi burst.

>

> Use unblockable on GS4 block.

>

> If they're running WS they aren't getting those same big mauls. They do have more condi clear options. They probably dont run stab on dolyak cause its 60s cd and instead take QZ and LR. You know what sucks about LR? Getting stuck in a fear ring, guardian ring, thief ring. Hit the wall, LR, hit the other wall. "Ah but hammer guard isn't viable" hammer is 100% the best weapon vs ranger - always has been. L2p. So wait for the stab on the elite to end (which just for nerfed to 6s) and then go play some wackamole with your necro buddy to break the gs block with a fear. And you know what's great, it works real well vs core ranger.

**Really though, I think no one is even trying to counter ranger right now, besides crying on the forums. And that's the difference. You really couldn't build to counter necro, rev, or fb. And for the most part skill wasn't even a factor. You can 100% counter build ranger and can also beat it with skill...**

Well said.

> @"xWiroo.3841" said:

> theres things, certain things about ranger that are broken and ranger players get so mad about ppl talking about it lol

The whole build is built on interrupts, meanwhile there are things out there with permanent stability that people arent using to counter it!? Wtf?

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

>

> [7.2k True Shot](https://i.imgur.com/IUnCQuu.jpg)

>

> This was on marauders with trapper runes btw.

That's literal trash bro you can do better XD My trapper zerker Rachel hits 10k+ constantly on other glass bro get ur act together.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

>

> [7.2k True Shot](https://i.imgur.com/IUnCQuu.jpg)

>

> This was on marauders with trapper runes btw.

Like I said before, damage that high shouldn't be possible. Also, I've never seen numbers that high running "meta DH" in 2v2 or 5v5 post patch. Lastly, I have no idea under what conditions that occured (such as, the damage modifiers you're running). If the full trap DH build you're running has the sustain & disengage of a Ranger on top of having very high burst damage, **it should be nerfed**. Showing me that screenshot won't make me say that Ranger is okay in its current state...

I don't want to keep going and forth on this over the forums at this point (wouldn't mind speaking ingame or over discord though). Everyone's posts are started to irk me a little. I would like to think if DH was extremely strong I'd be willing to see how we can correct it so it's more balanced. I've been in several GW2 twitch streams recently and I've seen notable members of our community pointing out the blatant strength of Ranger at the moment... I'm not trying to take away from your skill level or any other Rangers. It's just really strong right now. It is what it is. Let's see what anet does

I'm still down to duel, although it won't recreate the 2v2 or 5v5 experience... I don't mind having a convo over discord is well. All positive vibes here

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

> >

> > [7.2k True Shot](https://i.imgur.com/IUnCQuu.jpg)

> >

> > This was on marauders with trapper runes btw.

>

> Like I said before, damage that high shouldn't be possible. Also, I've never seen numbers that high running "meta DH" in 2v2 or 5v5 post patch. Lastly, I have no idea under what conditions that occured (such as, the damage modifiers you're running). If the full trap DH build you're running has the sustain & disengage of a Ranger on top of having very high burst damage, **it should be nerfed**. Showing me that screenshot won't make me say that Ranger is okay in its current state...

>

> I don't want to keep going and forth on this over the forums at this point (wouldn't mind speaking ingame or over discord though). Everyone's posts are started to irk me a little. I would like to think if DH was extremely strong I'd be willing to see how we can correct it so it's more balanced. I've been in several GW2 twitch streams recently and I've seen notable members of our community pointing out the blatant strength of Ranger at the moment... I'm not trying to take away from your skill level or any other Rangers. It's just really strong right now. It is what it is. Let's see what anet does

>

> I'm still down to duel, although it won't recreate the 2v2 or 5v5 experience... I don't mind having a convo over discord is well. All positive vibes here

Like I said before I appreciate OP's positive attitude, he's definitely trying to have a serious convo about it as opposed to the forum sheep who just want things nerfed that kill them.

However to OP I simply think this is going to end up as an agree to disagree situation, because there are obviously a large group of people who think huge power spikes (one shots and oppressive multishots) should not exists, and another group (myself included) who think that min/maxing is fun and makes the game less boring so it should be possible.

We won't ever agree to anything tbh.

> @"Madisonlee.9641" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > I would look insane if I told you or anyone else that a 7.1k True Shot is okay in this damage reduced meta

> > >

> > > [7.2k True Shot](https://i.imgur.com/IUnCQuu.jpg)

> > >

> > > This was on marauders with trapper runes btw.

> >

> > Like I said before, damage that high shouldn't be possible. Also, I've never seen numbers that high running "meta DH" in 2v2 or 5v5 post patch. Lastly, I have no idea under what conditions that occured (such as, the damage modifiers you're running). If the full trap DH build you're running has the sustain & disengage of a Ranger on top of having very high burst damage, **it should be nerfed**. Showing me that screenshot won't make me say that Ranger is okay in its current state...

> >

> > I don't want to keep going and forth on this over the forums at this point (wouldn't mind speaking ingame or over discord though). Everyone's posts are started to irk me a little. I would like to think if DH was extremely strong I'd be willing to see how we can correct it so it's more balanced. I've been in several GW2 twitch streams recently and I've seen notable members of our community pointing out the blatant strength of Ranger at the moment... I'm not trying to take away from your skill level or any other Rangers. It's just really strong right now. It is what it is. Let's see what anet does

> >

> > I'm still down to duel, although it won't recreate the 2v2 or 5v5 experience... I don't mind having a convo over discord is well. All positive vibes here

>

> Like I said before I appreciate OP's positive attitude, he's definitely trying to have a serious convo about it as opposed to the forum sheep who just want things nerfed that kill them.

>

> However to OP I simply think this is going to end up as an agree to disagree situation, because there are obviously a large group of people who think huge power spikes (one shots and oppressive multishots) should not exists, and another group (myself included) who think that min/maxing is fun and makes the game less boring so it should be possible.

>

> We won't ever agree to anything tbh.

Thank you. I wish I could lock this thread. Anet will come up with their own decision based on an internal decision