Bring back historic achievements!

Anet, please stop removing achievements, it cheapens the achievement system when there are some that are forever out of your reach. I've said it before but bringing back season 1 content with Visions of the Past is the perfect time to reintroduce the old achievements that are currently unobtainable. Allow us to unlock them either the same way or a similar way (not sure if the tech is there but multiple ways to unlock an achievement, historically or new way, could fix it). I can't think of any good reason to lock out those achievements forever. While we're on it, why remove the latest offender (Nimble Onslaught) even if you could cheese the achievement the replacement fulfills the original challenge, you were okay leaving Greeted as Liberators in when there was an issue and it needed to be replaced. I honestly think the achievement system would be more compelling if there were no historic achievements.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> To be honest, including dailies/monthlies cheapened the system way more than having some achievements removed.

>

> If they bring back historic achievements then they should also remove daily/monthly achievements while scaling down the rewards to account for that.

I am glad they are capped. But removing them now would exacerbate the problem. Either you are taking away points from those who have them maxed(and that isn't fair) or never allowing those who don't to ever catch up.

I can't find a way of messing with dailies that doesn't hurt a fairly large group of folks.

I am also not sure how removing dailies would account for anything. What am I missing?

The 'Historical' category is a mess but it isn't there by design. It's the result of the evolution of the game throughout the past almost eight years and it's only visible if you earned them while they were active. Because of that, this tab will always be there. There are some achievements in there, especially old festival related ones, that would be really complicated to add back in, since those categories saw major revamps and the current versions now rotate in and out of the Historical tab if the respective festival is underway.

I see a possibility of the applicable achievements being reactivated for the upcoming "re-release" of Season 1 content, but I think they will create new ones instead, so that everyone has a clean slate and the same incentive to play it. I suspect that, while at it, they are also updating the instances to the current state of the game, so some old achievements probably wouldn't even make any sense.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > To be honest, including dailies/monthlies cheapened the system way more than having some achievements removed.

> >

> > If they bring back historic achievements then they should also remove daily/monthly achievements while scaling down the rewards to account for that.

>

> I am glad they are capped. But removing them now would exacerbate the problem. Either you are taking away points from those who have them maxed(and that isn't fair) or never allowing those who don't to ever catch up.

>

> I can't find a way of messing with dailies that doesn't hurt a fairly large group of folks.

>

> I am also not sure how removing dailies would account for anything. What am I missing?

They can catch up by doing achievements...

Also read the **entirety** of my post in the **context** of the post that I had quoted.