(PvP) Condi Berserker Halp

Ourasa.7306

Ever since the last patch, condition became the predominant means of dealing damage. For warriors, virtually every build deals with power, with one exception: Berserker.

Unfortunately, I am completely unfamiliar as to how to play it as a condition build. The best thing I could come up with was a bow and sword/torch making use of the rage traited skills + King of fires, but this comes with obvious flaws, with nearly no way of dealing with pressure (which shield usually took care of). On top of that, it literally relies on berserk to apply any real amount of conditions.

So can someone perhaps give me a few pointers as to how to play condi berserker, and if possible, include a build?

You can play Berserker, even in 2v2. Just take Mace/Shield + Sword/Torch and Condi, Preci, Toughness amulet or Condi, Power, Vitality amulet. (Depends on your encounter).

You can still play with Defense, I haven't tried anything else tbh.

And take elite banner in 2v2.

Unfortunately I'm not at home, so I can't give you the exact build I play.

I'm assuming yu are running 2v2.

If yu are playing Berserker, yu may wanna just slot alot of CCs.

Warriors are CC locking monsters now, and being able to lay some background Condis with Torch while CC locking yur opponent with Bull's Rush, Kick, Stomp and Mace, yur just setting up the enemy for a 1 v 2.

However, if yur facing Firebrands, then this method my diminish a little bit due to Firebrand still having superior supportive capabilities.

I suggest Swashbuckler Amulet.

> @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> Something similar to this is what I was running pre-patch. It was weaker to power builds, but it may be okay after nerf on some power builds. Some folks like rousing resilience, but I'm a big fan of cleansing ire for the adrenaline.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABw+l7lZwYYLMMmJeaX+NVA-zZwOlIVAZKC6VIkwEQpDA

That's exactly what I played in the last seasons :-) but with Rousing Resilience.

It's pretty solid.

> @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> Something similar to this is what I was running pre-patch. It was weaker to power builds, but it may be okay after nerf on some power builds. Some folks like rousing resilience, but I'm a big fan of cleansing ire for the adrenaline.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABw+l7lZwYYLMMmJeaX+NVA-zZwOlIVAZKC6VIkwEQpDA

Just tried this. I initially questioned why use the tempest rune, but that stunbreak heal is really good, especially when things get heated and CCs are flying all over the place.

I always ran carrion at first, but then I came to realize that I rarely every got the fire aura that way.

Anyhow, against spellbreaker, it seems to hold its own, given that you don't mindlessly spam moves.

> @"Ourasa.7306" said:

> > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > Something similar to this is what I was running pre-patch. It was weaker to power builds, but it may be okay after nerf on some power builds. Some folks like rousing resilience, but I'm a big fan of cleansing ire for the adrenaline.

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABw+l7lZwYYLMMmJeaX+NVA-zZwOlIVAZKC6VIkwEQpDA

>

> Just tried this. I initially questioned why use the tempest rune, but that stunbreak heal is really good, especially when things get heated and CCs are flying all over the place.

> I always ran carrion at first, but then I came to realize that I rarely every got the fire aura that way.

>

> Anyhow, against spellbreaker, it seems to hold its own, given that you don't mindlessly spam moves.

yeah tempest runes help a bit with some extra sustain and the stats are good. TBH this build isn't amazing, but if you really wanna play condi berserker, I'd recommend something like this.

I'm curious as well about a Carrion or possibly Grieving core Defense/Disp/Strength with LB/GS. Could also just go full power and use Berserker or Demo amultet, but the core LB F1 can be pretty solid damage.