WvW roaming with guardian and exotic gear

steeltoe.7902

Hey, guys, I have a question. I would like to go roaming with my guardian, but I am currently only able to buy him exotic gear. Is there a guide with attributes on the gear that you could use for this? I thought of something tanky + dmg. Also a build for spells and so on would be helpful, do you have something for me? would be very happy about it! Thank you!

I recommend the class forums as well.

Here we are too busy arguing about power builds having 20K bursts from stealth which doesnt have the damage to kill immortal condi bunkers in the condi-immune zerg meta that always dies to condi.

So not the best source of information on what gear you should go for.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I recommend the class forums as well.

>

> Here we are too busy arguing about power builds having 20K bursts from stealth which doesnt have the damage to kill immortal condi bunkers in the condi-immune zerg meta that always dies to condi.

>

> So not the best source of information on what gear you should go for.

Like you'd find anything different over there in the other subforums xD

The most basic guardian roaming build you can run is https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Meditrapper_Roamer

Change "Heavy Light" in the grandmaster for DH to Hunter's Fortification.

Marauder gear can be crafted but you need 400 armorsmith/weaponsmith. If you're new to guardian, I don't recommend roaming on core or firebrand because people can just walk away from you and you have no escapes unless you fight near rabbits all the time so that's no fun. I see guardians running with double melee and they can never do anything unless people are stupid enough to faceplant into those traps they definitely did not lay around the corner. Firebrand can work if you have a few people with you, either as a support or just a plain healer, but I don't know if you have friends to roam with all the time.

If you can't craft marauder, the best thing to do on a budget is to buy named exotic armor with exotic stats

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Devona%27s_armor (berserker, power precision, ferocity). Also comes with decent runes though traveler is probably desirable.

If you go this route you should go for soldier exotic (power, toughness, vitality) weapons and jewelry. You can pick up soldier stat rings from karma vendors in Orr, I think, but they're also really cheap to buy. Also don't be afraid to buy rare rings/jewlery if you can't afford the exotic ones. Either is throwaway since ascended trinkets are easy to get with laurels.

There are of course, more optimal ways to gear, but the goal here is to spend as little as possible on exotic gear so you may work on a proper ascended set in the future.

You also want to learn the basics.

If you can explain your situation better (do you have access to laurels, pof or living story, etc) then it'd be a lot easier to give advice. The other question is do you want to hop on the condi train? That is really the only way to be tanky and do damage. However, any such investment will generally be risky as the current meta still has yet to be mapped out and as others have noted.... advice is sketchy.