The right way to solve CC spam

Sunshine.5014

We definitely do not need a system on top of stability and CC breaks. They frequency, duration and/or existence of some CC skills need to be reduced. AOE CC should be close to nonexistent. No CC should be unblockable. This would solve most of CC issues.

> @"Brandon Uzumaki.1524" said:

> Just add diminishing returns, like a lot of Mobas has this, let's say you get stunned for 3 seconds, then you get a knockaback of 3 seconds right away, that knockback is reduced to 2,5 seconds, and so on, to the point were all CC get's reduced to 0,1 seconds.

>

> Unless we already have that lol.

what mobas?

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> Yeah, the CC right now is completely bonkers, both soft and hard CCs.

>

> And, OP, I like those ideas! Another note, you can have all the stunbreaks you want, they won't save you against pulsing AoE CCs! You also need to remove a few entirely from all classes.

Yep

- Pulsing AoE CCs should be removed.

- AoE CCs should be really rare, and no damage.

- AoE CCs laying on the floor (trap/mark) should have delayed activation time, just like Updraft

- Single target CC should have cast time, and low damage.

Together with the nerf to CC, I wouldn't mind more nerfs to block/blind to accommodate it. Many classes are still way too tanky, and that would be problematic when CC got nerfed.

> @"Sunshine.5014" said:

> > @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> > Yeah, the CC right now is completely bonkers, both soft and hard CCs.

> >

> > And, OP, I like those ideas! Another note, you can have all the stunbreaks you want, they won't save you against pulsing AoE CCs! You also need to remove a few entirely from all classes.

>

> [...]

> - Pulsing AoE CCs should be removed.

> - AoE CCs should be really rare, and no damage.

> - AoE CCs laying on the floor (trap/mark) should have delayed activation time, just like Updraft

> - Single target CC should have cast time, and low damage.

>

> Together with the nerf to CC, I wouldn't mind more nerfs to block/blind to accommodate it. [...]

Those are all very good and sensible suggestions! But please let's not add another unique buff.