Why did Rangers get nerfed when Guardians are hitting 10k trueshots on 3000 armor?

Anput.4620

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > Multiple heals? Only wings of resolve outside of the main heal skill unless they slotted a merciful intervention or some other utility.

> > Blocks? Longbow doesn't block so it's probably from the virtue or a scepter+focus (focus 5) or scepter+shield combination unless they run a melee swap such as sword+focus (sword 3 blocks ranged).

> >

> > Renewed focus resets the virtues, which meaans wings of resolve, spear of justice, and aegis of courage become recharged. It's far weaker on DH overall if you think about it since a firebrand gets all tomes back.

> >

> > I have no vested interest in defending DH (see my post on trueshot thread) because I generally don't play DH. However, if you look at ranger vs DH , the reason why rangers were hit is because of merged bonuses. Specifically soulbeasts with beast mastery were shaved down ; most are run with wilderness survival.

>

> Every Medi heals.

>

> With blocks i ment aegis, and focus 5.

>

> I don't see why longbow soulbeasts are being nerfed when they are a pubstomp spec, not an actual good spec, SB longbow hasn't even been meta in PvP for a long time either in high ranks.

>

>

Oh come on that heals for ~1.5K unless you have healing power. So in your theoretical build complaint you have DH traitline + valor + zeal/radiance? i.e. nothing calculated thus far in this thread?

> @"Mokk.2397" said:

> People can't compare true shot with any of the Ranger long bow skills as being equal . True shot carries a coefficient of 2.44 for a single shot with a cool down of 4 sec and a 3/4 second activation . Non of the ranger long bow skills carry that kind of punch . Even rapid fire is misleading as being an over powered skill but it only carries a coefficient of 0.275 per shot NOT the 2.75 presented in the description. Rapid fire requires all 10 shots to achieve the posted maximum damage. Rapid fire also has a 10 second cool down and 2.5 second activation. In 5.5 seconds true shot can be fired twice . which amounts to over 2 times the damage with 2 shots compared to 10 shots from rapid fire over the same time frame . So I would say that True Shot definitely requires looking into.

True shot has 8 second cooldown since Feb 25 patch. Also being a single hit means it gets blocked by aegis or any single block skill ; rapid fire has its disadvantage in that you eat a lot of retal. Maybe it (True shot) deserves a shave down once more but please get your facts straight.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> True shot has 8 second cooldown since Feb 25 patch. Also being a single hit means it gets blocked by aegis or any single block skill ; rapid fire has its disadvantage in that you eat a lot of retal. Maybe it (True shot) deserves a shave down once more but please get your facts straight.

>

I stand corrected and apologize for the error.