Can't login: Any idea?

Suddenly, I can't login. My login data are still here (remembered). Only my network is no more remembered and therefore it asks for authentication: When I type the authenticator code, it gets rejected... Up to now, I tried:

- To clear all my data and retype everything: Didn't help.

- To reset my password: Didn't work because blocked at step of the authenticator code again.

- To turn off my internet security: Didn't help.

I have of course opened a support ticket to Anet, but in the meantime, if anyone had that case and would have any idea what else I could try?

I run into similar issues with different software sometimes. If the code is not accepted, the code you received is not the one it is expecting. That can happen due to lagg. So you activate the authentication, the server gets your signal twice due to lagg. It sends the first authentication code, you use it and it is invalid. Meanwhile the second authentication code, which it was expecting to receive was sent. You retry the login, generate a new authentication code, open your mailbox and use the 2nd which is marked as new. Sounds stupid, but I saw cycles like this going on for a long time.

Best option is to wait some time and retry. If you do not get a new code, there should be an option to send it again (?). Once you received it, wait a minute or two, just in case another code arrives. Use the most recent code you received.

If you use e-mail for the codes, also check your spam-folders. Some mail-programs instant delete/move double-sent stuff.

The authenticator I use is an app on my smartphone. It generates a code. Timing could be an issue yes. What I will try is to open the authenticator first, and then wait for generation of a new code and not use it before half of the timer is passed, so as to be nearly in an intermediate status of time between too early and too late. Let's see.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> Suddenly, I can't login. My login data are still here (remembered). Only my network is no more remembered and therefore it asks for authentication: When I type the authenticator code, it gets rejected... Up to now, I tried:

> - To clear all my data and retype everything: Didn't help.

> - To reset my password: Didn't work because blocked at step of the authenticator code again.

> - To turn off my internet security: Didn't help.

>

> I have of course opened a support ticket to Anet, but in the meantime, if anyone had that case and would have any idea what else I could try?

* Go to "Security"

* Authorize your current network IP

This should solve the issue.

I can't do that, because the login doesn't go farther than authentication. That's why I had to even do the support ticket to Anet via anonymous. This is same login for game and account. Both are stuck after giving authentication code with error number 11:1012:7:250.

Have by now tried to play around the authenticator code generator timer, but it did not help. Looks like I will have no choice and have to wait until Anet answer to the ticket. :/

The authenticator also requires the device to have an accurate clock. If the clock is off then it will be generating incorrect codes. After a bit of searching it seems the time on some phones can go out of sync if the carrier is having issues. Carrier could potentially be having issue due to increase in demand. You could double check the phone's time against your desktop assuming the desktop is set to autosync its time.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The authenticator also requires the device to have an accurate clock. If the clock is off then it will be generating incorrect codes. After a bit of searching it seems the time on some phones can go out of sync if the carrier is having issues. Carrier could potentially be having issue due to increase in demand. You could double check the phone's time against your desktop assuming the desktop is set to autosync its time.

I just want to add that in Sweden we change time from Winter to Summer time now on Sunday to Monday which means that clock is one hour forward or earlier then during Winter. It could be that ANet servers do not compensate for different time zones (as some have already a permanent time) depending on where one live. There are talks about changing winter/summer time in EU so that all counties in EU will have only one time (but this is up to each country of they want to have permanent winter or summer time). This system is also based on dedicated time servers, so apps/server and phone need to be synced with time servers to be on the same time. Make sure that windows have synced time

Authenticator apps have a very short time when they display a countdown for when that code is valid and can be a challenge to enter on screen before it will be timed out. On MS Windows use Windows Key, write " time sync" to open Settings for Syncing of time and there you should be able to sync time with default MS time server.

Scroll down on this page to see how it looks on Windows: https://windowsloop.com/windows-time-sync-command/

> @"ShadowCatz.8437" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > The authenticator also requires the device to have an accurate clock. If the clock is off then it will be generating incorrect codes. After a bit of searching it seems the time on some phones can go out of sync if the carrier is having issues. Carrier could potentially be having issue due to increase in demand. You could double check the phone's time against your desktop assuming the desktop is set to autosync its time.

>

> I just want to add that in Sweden we change time from Winter to Summer time now on Sunday to Monday which means that clock is one hour forward or earlier then during Winter. It could be that ANet servers do not compensate for different time zones (as some have already a permanent time) depending on where one live. There are talks about changing winter/summer time in EU so that all counties in EU will have only one time (but this is up to each country of they want to have permanent winter or summer time). This system is also based on dedicated time servers, so apps/server and phone need to be synced with time servers to be on the same time. Make sure that windows have synced time

Actually those sort of changes do not matter because computers don't care about the displayed time.

In this case what it cares about is the number of since since January 1, 1970 00:00:00 UTC.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The authenticator also requires the device to have an accurate clock. If the clock is off then it will be generating incorrect codes. After a bit of searching it seems the time on some phones can go out of sync if the carrier is having issues. Carrier could potentially be having issue due to increase in demand. You could double check the phone's time against your desktop assuming the desktop is set to autosync its time.

It also happens on a few computers. Had that phenomenon twice so far, once on my own computer, once on a friends computer. In both cases, software started to cause errors and refused to work, which happened right after a time-swap. Both times, the problem was eliminated after a re-sync (and a reboot). It is definitely a possible source of the problem. I would switch the time options to unsync, and sync again on both the phone and the computer, then reboot both devices and retry login. It is worth a try.

Sorry for double posting, just to update the issue: The authentication was indeed bugged. Anet did remove the 2nd security option and I was able to login trouble free.

Conclusion: It can happen and the only way around it to remove the 2nd authentication in a first step, then re-add it again.

An additional information: If you have several accounts, using the same google authenticator on your phone, it can be that it is bugged for one but keeps working perfectly for the other(s). The bug is not on the google authenticator side. It's on the account security side.