Damage numbers

Antik.7486

Hi, i recently came back to the game (bought couple of months after official release, left 2 months before HoT release) and i noticed that damage numbers became quite ridiculous. Almost every encounter is an insta death because i'm getting hit by 5k hits every time like it's nothing special. Maybe my gear is outdated but back then having 3k armor would usually mean you can live more than 5s before bitting the dust. Am i missing something?

> @"Antik.7486" said:

> Sad, oh well, i hope they nerf damage back to a more reasonable point, these insta kill fights aren't fun at all if you ask me.

Class? Build? Equipment? What was hitting you so hard? Do you have a video or screen of combat log?

If you think it's bad now, LOL, good thing you were not here before the last patch, as spike dmg has been brought way down from where it was and had been since POF release.

So you recently came back (probably have no idea what you're doing), rely only on your gear to defend you (rather than blocks, dodges, condi cleanse, kiting, healing, CC...you know, active defense that was the main defensive mechanism since day 1) while also saying that you're constantly being hit by 5k on 3k armor (what I rarely experience even on my glass ele). Yes, you're missing on a lot of practice, experience and reflexes.

I'd suggest fixing your build first (metabattle is a decent place for that) then figuring out how your build works and practice it more. It's way too easy to survive on every class after the latest patch so it's not really about the damage output.

Damage been nerfed. Heals been nerfed. Players need to do reverse of social distancing to live.

Burst damage is universal on all games. Mmo type games.

No matter how tanky a player is they can and would coordinate to do the bomb to give out the best effect. The basis is so the enemy does not have the time to heal. So how do you counter?

Got to ask why am I not doing so well here? It helps. Outwitting the enemy works.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> 5K damage isn't instakill on its own. Feb 25 patch cut damage 30-40% across the board , even if they cut it another 40% you'd still die if you take damage from more than 5 people.

> For example if you take 3K damage from 10 people it is still 30K.

That's how things are in all games.

From ro to ran to rose to Warcraft to fps. Bursts is a tried and tested method