Golem Trolling Prevention

jpsssss.7530

We need a way to keep trolls from stealing golems. I know whoever drops other siege can take it from anyone else. Why isn't this available for golems? Thy're costly and require more planning to use effectively, but trolls can yoink it immediately after they're built and the owner can't get it back...

Golems are really useful for recap? So yes, I understand why you'd like this.

Maybe if the mechanics changed where you can build siege on camp or on supply hub alone. Then carry that siege in inventory, then drop for use on gate or wall.

Like building it far away is ok.

I hope that becomes a thing.

Supply up in camp. Build in camp. Stow in inventory. Then bring in place to sieg

I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

Problem solved.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

>

> Problem solved.

Wouldn't that be hard to code?

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

> >

> > Problem solved.

>

> Wouldn't that be hard to code?

Not at all, but then again they've failed to fix the static mesh on DBL garri corner walls for some 5 years now, so difficulty for implementing WvW features is a relative thing.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

> > >

> > > Problem solved.

> >

> > Wouldn't that be hard to code?

> Not at all, but then again they've failed to fix the static mesh on DBL garri corner walls for some 5 years now, so difficulty for implementing WvW features is a relative thing.

>

Do you code? If yes, apply to anet. Hehe. Fix this for us

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

> > > >

> > > > Problem solved.

> > >

> > > Wouldn't that be hard to code?

> > Not at all, but then again they've failed to fix the static mesh on DBL garri corner walls for some 5 years now, so difficulty for implementing WvW features is a relative thing.

> >

>

> Do you code? If yes, apply to anet. Hehe. Fix this for us

You dont have to be coder to realize when a change only consist if a few GUI additions where the groundwork is already there, and doing some player state changes. Not like its programming a new mount system that doesnt yet exist.

But granted, the first time I made an OpenGL clock app I was quite proud over the achievement until I realized the hands went backwards.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > I think that anyone that has built a golem should be able to lock/unlock any entrance. That includes locking it for anyone already inside so they cant get out and while in a locked golem, they cannot teleport, or use any skills, or any masteries.

> > > > >

> > > > > Problem solved.

> > > >

> > > > Wouldn't that be hard to code?

> > > Not at all, but then again they've failed to fix the static mesh on DBL garri corner walls for some 5 years now, so difficulty for implementing WvW features is a relative thing.

> > >

> >

> > Do you code? If yes, apply to anet. Hehe. Fix this for us

> You dont have to be coder to realize when a change only consist if a few GUI additions where the groundwork is already there, and doing some player state changes. Not like its programming a new mount system that doesnt yet exist.

>

> But granted, the first time I made an OpenGL clock app I was quite proud over the achievement until I realized the hands went backwards.

Hehe I wouldnt know how to do it. Give me numbers to analyse I can do it.

Specialties >^<

When I first played I always wondered why golems were excluded from owner takeover - being able to boot them out would be nice, especially when you were building and someone quickly steals it. Locking them in sounds hilarious, shut them in like Blish, or disable their skills or detonate option (have the detonate on timer so they unwittingly walk into enemies as a mobile bomb).