Suggestion Thief Balance

broadaxe.7246

Hello anet,

did you noticed that is nearly impossible to beat a thief in a 1on1 ?

Why? They have 0 cd on 1-5, most broken mobility I have ever seen in a MMORPG, most broken hide mechanics and easy to learn

It seems that thiefs are your favourite class. Do some of your kids play it and cry if you would balance it ?

No wonder why you are dead on twitch, no esports, nothing

My suggestion to fix it: Remove initiative and bring them a normal cooldowns OR adjust hide mechanic (like in WoW) OR adjust damage and sustain even more

Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> @"broadaxe.7246" said:

> Hello anet,

>

> did you noticed that is nearly impossible to beat a thief in a 1on1 ?

> Why? They have 0 cd on 1-5, most broken mobility I have ever seen in a MMORPG, most broken hide mechanics and easy to learn

> It seems that thiefs are your favourite class. Do some of your kids play it and cry if you would balance it ?

> No wonder why you are dead on twitch, no esports, nothing

>

> My suggestion to fix it: Remove initiative and bring them a normal cooldowns OR adjust hide mechanic (like in WoW) OR adjust damage and sustain even more

Maybe a late 1st April ?

Teef = worst 1vs1 class ...

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

There is room for improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

>

>

> Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> There is room for improvements

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

wvw lmao

> @"scarydogie.3024" said:

> > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> >

> >

> > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > There is room for improvements

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

>

> wvw lmao

Yeah you right .

In the pvp scenario the Necro would be still in his captured point , limiting his mobility

326 auto / 3400 shadowshot /3k backstab . Maybe his stats are bugged in WvWvW and he doesnt benefit much from them

> > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

>

>

> Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> There is room for improvements

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

> > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> >

> >

> > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > There is room for improvements

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

>

> Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

Maybe you prety bad at Thief 5 years now ?

I will not be Caith how matter i try , even for 5 years playing . Maybe you got admit you too someday :P

> @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> > >

> > >

> > > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > > There is room for improvements

> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> >

> > Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

>

> Maybe you prety bad at Thief 5 years now ?

>

> I will not be Caith how matter i try , even for 5 years playing . Maybe you got admit you too someday :P

Admit what? And for 5 yrs thief has been a decapper +1 why again? I can get kills 1v1 on my thief just fine but I can defenitly tell their not a class that's superior in 1v1's

Maybe learn the game? I donno.

> > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > > > There is room for improvements

> > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> > >

> > > Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

> >

> > Maybe you prety bad at Thief 5 years now ?

> >

> > I will not be Caith how matter i try , even for 5 years playing . Maybe you got admit you too someday :P

>

> Admit what? And for 5 yrs thief has been a decapper +1 why again? I can get kills 1v1 on my thief just fine but I can defenitly tell their not a class that's superior in 1v1's

> Maybe learn the game? I donno.

Other class is superior // Thief cant 1v1

Maybe learn the game? I donno.

> @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > > > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > > > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > > > > There is room for improvements

> > > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> > > >

> > > > Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

> > >

> > > Maybe you prety bad at Thief 5 years now ?

> > >

> > > I will not be Caith how matter i try , even for 5 years playing . Maybe you got admit you too someday :P

> >

> > Admit what? And for 5 yrs thief has been a decapper +1 why again? I can get kills 1v1 on my thief just fine but I can defenitly tell their not a class that's superior in 1v1's

> > Maybe learn the game? I donno.

>

> Other class is superior // Thief cant 1v1

> Maybe learn the game? I donno.

Yeah whatever that is soposed to mean, if u think thief is a top tier 1v1 class I really can't help u sry.

> > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > > > > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > > > > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > > > > > There is room for improvements

> > > > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> > > > >

> > > > > Lmao u serious? I mained thief for yrs and I destroy almost thieves I 1v1 on any of my other toons, sure I get jumped sometimes when they +1 me but in 1v1 lmao if u lose to a thief they simply are better than u.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe you prety bad at Thief 5 years now ?

> > > >

> > > > I will not be Caith how matter i try , even for 5 years playing . Maybe you got admit you too someday :P

> > >

> > > Admit what? And for 5 yrs thief has been a decapper +1 why again? I can get kills 1v1 on my thief just fine but I can defenitly tell their not a class that's superior in 1v1's

> > > Maybe learn the game? I donno.

> >

> > Other class is superior // Thief cant 1v1

> > Maybe learn the game? I donno.

>

> Yeah whatever that is soposed to mean, if u think thief is a top tier 1v1 class I really can't help u sry.

If you are skilled , like the guy on the video you might beat the Core necro you have problems with:P

Heck i might too someday beat the Condition Msmer :P

We both will keep dreaming :P

Thief can actually 1v1 really well, but the role is defined to the point where in organized 5v5- as “why would we make the thief 1v1”. It’s a do something and leave mind set. On that note guys I think the OP is actually referring to how insanely hard it is to hunt a good thief down. Since DrD came out it’s just insanely hard to get a kill on a good thief and when you do your like NiCe DuDe

> > @"scarydogie.3024" said:

> > > @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > > > Thief is the worst 1v1 class in the game or close to it lmao. Just because u need to improve ur ability to fight them does not make them op.

> > > > This is exactly why u shouldn't post nerf threads on classes just because u find them hard to fight. If ur having issues vs a thief in a 1v1 it's because the thief was a better player and u got out skilled. Sry it sucks to accept that but I can assure u thief is no where near op in 1v1's.

> > > > No offense but u come off as a new player who faught a better player on thief and are salty lol.

> > >

> > >

> > > Maybe try to copy some tactics , from this guy if you loose most of your 1v1 ?

> > > There is room for improvements

> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gE3AS-kx9w

> >

> > wvw lmao

>

> Yeah you right .

> In the pvp scenario the Necro would be still in his captured point , limiting his mobility

>

> 326 auto / 3400 shadowshot /3k backstab . Maybe his stats are bugged in WvWvW and he doesnt benefit much from them

Same goes for the thief, if he is even attempting to contest the node. Even looking at the **reaper** footage the thief isnt contesting the node. Nor is he winning fast enough to get value.

And next is how vurnable the thief is to getting +1d himself by opponent thief.

and yeah wvw is not a good showcase for powerlevel in spvp. sigils, stats, buffs and no-mmr-system just makes wvw too varied.