The effect Rune of speed is good for PvP and should not be nerfed!

cho.9247

The idea of thief being the only true roamer is pretty bad for the health of the game. By giving other classes more build diversity through 66% movement speed creates positional advantage, faster rotations and endless kiting which shows its true potential in a 5v5 gamemode. There has been discussion of possibly removing it entirely from pvp and I think the rune creates more fun and competition that pvp has ever gotten by challenging the idea of thief being the only roamer! What do you guys think?

> @"cho.9247" said:

> The idea of thief being the only true roamer is pretty bad for the health of the game. By giving other classes more build diversity through 66% movement speed creates positional advantage, faster rotations and endless kiting which shows its true potential in a 5v5 gamemode. There has been discussion of possibly removing it entirely from pvp and I think the rune creates more fun and competition that pvp has ever gotten by challenging the idea of thief being the only roamer! What do you guys think?

I mean, thief isnt the "only roamer", its just far and away the best one. Unfortunately, they kinda have to be. Its the only thing the class does well. That being said, its not like rune of speed has an impact there. Out of combat, swiftness has the same effect, with or without Rune of Speed (give or take 9 movement speed). Its pretty much only useful in-combat.

> @"cho.9247" said:

> By giving other classes more build diversity

Hold it right there. Speed runes are more likely to do the opposite. Faster in-combat movement makes already somewhat mobile builds too mobile. The builds which aren't mobile now can't keep up and are forced out of competition. And the builds which should be highly mobile need buffs to continue to stand out. This is why "arms race" balancing is generally a bad idea.

For that reason, I'm more inclined to go with "remove".