help understanding Tactic (traitline)

noiwk.2760

hello guys im fairly new to the game and new to warrior.. it seems ive chosen wrong time to play warrior but i seem to still love spell breaker.

im trying to understand tactic traitline and why its good.. no matter how i look at it and try to read it again.. it seems just bad ?

i understand it supposed to be support line but.. i honestly barely see anything very supportive and just looks bad.. i would love to see explains why its good and how to make it good. thanks !

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Shrug it off is great in this braindead condi spam meta, heal when giving others might is decent, imob on movement impairment adds to no escapes imob to annoy people and heal with shouts is good with shake it off and for justic(cant remember its name). Its a ok traitline but not great after its nerfs.

For Great Justice. And yes some things need tweaking now, but if you to roll support this is it.

warrior support is generally lackluster now after nerfs.

before shout heal was great self heal and decent group heal.

now it's fine self heal but group heal is almost insignificant.

not to mention it's unique mechanic "soldier's focus" being very weak from the beginning.

Hmm?

Vigorous Shouts: Reduced healing coefficient from 1.2 to 1.0. (nerfing shake it off also nerf this trait aoe healing even more)

"To the Limit!": Reduced base heal from 9100 to 7735.

"Shake It Off!": Reduced the number of conditions cleansed from 6 to 4. Increased ammo recharge from 50 seconds to 75 seconds.

Shrug It Off: Reduced base heal from 517 to 310. (nerfing shake it off also nerf this trait aoe healing even more)

probably you can only link shout heal to one single trait and also can't realize how shout heal group support where never great to begin with and is mainly only used in dps build as additional self sustain combining with MMR.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> Hmm? The other heals got nerfed at least as much, nothing you've just said changed anything about what I've said above.

tactic doesnt really offer any "support" aside from these little heals.. what kind of support is this?

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Let us be a true phalanx and grant boons to party members other than might. I'd love it if Phalanx Strength shared boons we grant ourselves to others, and I love for the next E-Spec to grant better access to things like Protection, Retaliation, and Resistance.

Revenant and Guardian are wondering, Why you gotta try 'n steal our thunder!?

> @"doogal.9368" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Let us be a true phalanx and grant boons to party members other than might. I'd love it if Phalanx Strength shared boons we grant ourselves to others, and I love for the next E-Spec to grant better access to things like Protection, Retaliation, and Resistance.

>

> Revenant and Guardian are wondering, Why you gotta try 'n steal our thunder!?

Sharing boons or boon giving in general? Because all the classes have means of providing boons to others. That and Warrior was the OG boon sharer TYVM.

Outside of healing and barrier from horn, the only other thing going on in Tactics that is support related is Phalanx Strength. A phalanx is about combining defense and offense, and I have always thought that it was weird that this trait only shared might and not at least a subset of other boons.

> @"noiwk.2760" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > Hmm? The other heals got nerfed at least as much, nothing you've just said changed anything about what I've said above.

>

> tactic doesnt really offer any "support" aside from these little heals.. what kind of support is this?

Seriously, I'm not sure what answer you're expecting to get. When you read the descriptions of the traits, they do literally what they say. When something has an option to offer some degree of utility, it doesn't mean it'll make you into a designated group support, so if that's what you expect, you might be better off trying doing that on another class.