Frequent Balance Adjustments?

beastudyr.4691

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> The balance is quite good (the best since at least 4 years). No hotfixes are needed. No broken mesmers, no broken revenants, no broken thieves and no broken necros.

Whatchatalkinbout, mesmers are still broken, in the opposite way, that's why you only see like 1 in every 50 players these days lol.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > The balance is quite good (the best since at least 4 years). No hotfixes are needed. No broken mesmers, no broken revenants, no broken thieves and no broken necros.

>

> Whatchatalkinbout, mesmers are still broken, in the opposite way, that's why you only see like 1 in every 50 players these days lol.

Mesmer has a few viable options like every other class. Just play trailblazer if you want to stick with mirage!

Not being able to play every gear set and every damage type on every elite spec is new to mesmer mains, I know that. Welcome to the (non existent) variability level of the rest of the classes. For us it has always been like that.

To be fair, they have moved to work from home due to covid-19. This makes it hard for programmers to coordinate, so things have slowed down.

Working from home is generally better for artists. They probably have their 3D team churning out assets for upcoming LW episodes and Canthan expansion. Don't expect anything in the short term.

> @"pninak.1069" said:

> I think condi dmg is too low still. they could remove dmg from condi applicating skills to make it more inline and change the dmg to an additional condi stack. the players going for long condi duration just punish players that don't use condi cleanse. at the moment we have hybrid dmg builds and not really pure condi builds.

The strike damage on condition skills serves a purpose.

There are some skills which will just apply conditions without dealing strike damage. One that comes immediately to my mind is for example the chemical field (scrapper's purge gyro toolbelt skill). This skill just applies poison without striking. And the thing is: skills like these don't break stealth when applying their conditions. Just direct strike damage does.

Now imagine every condition spell would just apply conditions without striking. Have fun facing stealthed enemies which spam you with conditions, while still staying invisible.

Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un fucking real.

BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

Too early to put patch. Let the meta run its course over the next 2 months. Balance in wvw is actually pretty decent. My main problems is that they missed the forest for the trees on the sustain creep. The problem was being able to stack an absurd 60%+ in heal modifers using a rune set, some food and couple of sigils; the boon duration nerfs were overkilled and I think they should be partially rolled back.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > The balance is quite good (the best since at least 4 years). No hotfixes are needed. No broken mesmers, no broken revenants, no broken thieves and no broken necros.

> >

> > Whatchatalkinbout, mesmers are still broken, in the opposite way, that's why you only see like 1 in every 50 players these days lol.

> Mesmer has a few viable options like every other class. Just play trailblazer if you want to stick with mirage!

>

> Not being able to play every gear set and every damage type on every elite spec is new to mesmer mains, I know that. Welcome to the (non existent) variability level of the rest of the classes. For us it has always been like that.

Has nothing to do with gear set, mesmers have always been one of those with the lease amount of viable gear sets.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

>

> BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

Classic comment ala "This is how it works for me, hence it has to be the exact same for everybody else"

We have no idea about their setup, but I can see a multitude of problems just for different hardware reasons, no direct access to projects/no remote access properly set up in advance etc. This is not the time to laugh in their face and point fingers.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > > > Warrior 19k Rifle Crit should be nerfed ASAP.

> > >

> > > Only if its a glass hitting a glass...

> >

> > Yeah otherwise its 17k and that's completely fine

>

> More like 11k.

That's still the basehealthpool of 3 classes. For a ranged attack

> Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

>

> BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

You sound like someone who never worked a single day in his life.

Also, do you have family?

I know many people who lost their jobs because of all this chaos.

Just be happy that this pandamic doenst effect you at all. Many MANY others are not this lucky.

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"phreeak.1023" said:

> > > > > Warrior 19k Rifle Crit should be nerfed ASAP.

> > > >

> > > > Only if its a glass hitting a glass...

> > >

> > > Yeah otherwise its 17k and that's completely fine

> >

> > More like 11k.

>

> That's still the basehealthpool of 3 classes. For a ranged attack

>

>

And if those specs are still running at base pool in this game mode they deserve the 11k hit as a lesson to gear properly for it.

If there ever was a company where the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing - Anet is it! The one thing they've always been very poor at is communication. Sure, someone pops their head up and says something. But, its like a rain storm in the desert.

I've been in software development for three decades and have seen just about every gyration you can in the market. Our professional services, marketing and HR are having a rough time, but the switch to full time at home was pretty easy for the developers. None of my team has missed a beat. Maybe Anet was less prepared to function remotely and that's sad this day in age.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

> >

> > BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

>

> Classic comment ala "This is how it works for me, hence it has to be the exact same for everybody else"

>

> We have no idea about their setup, but I can see a multitude of problems just for different hardware reasons, no direct access to projects/no remote access properly set up in advance etc. This is not the time to laugh in their face and point fingers.

That's just wrong, it is always time to laugh and point fingers in this game lmfao. ANYONE WITH A BRAIN COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT ATTEMPTING TO REDESIGN 99% OF SKILLS/TRAITS IN ONE GO IS A DISASTER. We don't even have to talk about this bullshit pandemic excuse.

Edit: Also, more like works for 99% of tech people.

EA: https://gamerant.com/ea-expands-work-home-coronavirus/

Microsoft: https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-work-from-home-coronavirus-crisis-2020-4?op=1

Dell: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dell-central-texas-employees-advised-to-work-from-home-if-possible/269-1763eb8f-068a-43ce-b447-b88ed54dc1a5

Nintendo: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/covid-19-outbreak-results-in-nintendo-of-america-employees-working-from-home/

Before you say 'beepboopbop those are giant companies you can't compare them!', my company is mostly 'old fashioned' and has 100 employees. We were able to get set up WFH and have virtual events within a week. But now we're back to the GENIUS UNIQUE 'classic comment' cop out I guess.

Any more bullshit excuses? I'd love to hear em

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

> >

> > BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

>

> You sound like someone who never worked a single day in his life.

>

> Also, do you have family?

>

> I know many people who lost their jobs because of all this chaos.

>

> Just be happy that this pandamic doenst effect you at all. Many MANY others are not this lucky.

>

>

Not even relevant to what we're talking about, nice. I didn't know Arenanet was in the restaurant and bar industry, so sorry to hear they're impacted by the pandemic...oh wait no they didn't even need a pandemic to lay off their team, they shoot themselves in the foot everyday without a global crisis.

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

> > >

> > > BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

> >

> > Classic comment ala "This is how it works for me, hence it has to be the exact same for everybody else"

> >

> > We have no idea about their setup, but I can see a multitude of problems just for different hardware reasons, no direct access to projects/no remote access properly set up in advance etc. This is not the time to laugh in their face and point fingers.

>

> That's just wrong, it is always time to laugh and point fingers in this game lmfao. ANYONE WITH A BRAIN COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT ATTEMPTING TO REDESIGN 99% OF SKILLS/TRAITS IN ONE GO IS A DISASTER. We don't even have to talk about this kitten pandemic excuse.

>

> Edit: Also, more like works for 99% of tech people.

>

> EA: https://gamerant.com/ea-expands-work-home-coronavirus/

> Microsoft: https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-work-from-home-coronavirus-crisis-2020-4?op=1

> Dell: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dell-central-texas-employees-advised-to-work-from-home-if-possible/269-1763eb8f-068a-43ce-b447-b88ed54dc1a5

> Nintendo: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/covid-19-outbreak-results-in-nintendo-of-america-employees-working-from-home/

>

> Before you say 'beepboopbop those are giant companies you can't compare them!', my company is mostly 'old fashioned' and has 100 employees. We were able to get set up WFH and have virtual events within a week. But now we're back to the GENIUS UNIQUE 'classic comment' cop out I guess.

>

> Any more kitten excuses? I'd love to hear em

No use arguing with somebody so upset on the Internet like you are. Please continue educating people on the standards that apply to 100% of work spaces. Why don't they just kick their family out of the house either while they are working from home btw. Have they considered doing that yet? We still don't have any insight how they manage to work from home and a balance patch, something not even the main part of the studio is working for, is definitely not their highest priority.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > Are any of these people claiming COVID19 delays working in software? I have been in and out of working from home for years now, this is the one industry completely equipped to do this lmao. We're supposed to give Anet a break because they can't change some numbers in 2 months because of a global pandemic? Un kitten real.

> > > >

> > > > BTW I haven't gotten to use the pandemic excuse at my job. Next time I'm late on something I'll just cry "we're in a global pandemic!"

> > >

> > > Classic comment ala "This is how it works for me, hence it has to be the exact same for everybody else"

> > >

> > > We have no idea about their setup, but I can see a multitude of problems just for different hardware reasons, no direct access to projects/no remote access properly set up in advance etc. This is not the time to laugh in their face and point fingers.

> >

> > That's just wrong, it is always time to laugh and point fingers in this game lmfao. ANYONE WITH A BRAIN COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT ATTEMPTING TO REDESIGN 99% OF SKILLS/TRAITS IN ONE GO IS A DISASTER. We don't even have to talk about this kitten pandemic excuse.

> >

> > Edit: Also, more like works for 99% of tech people.

> >

> > EA: https://gamerant.com/ea-expands-work-home-coronavirus/

> > Microsoft: https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-work-from-home-coronavirus-crisis-2020-4?op=1

> > Dell: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dell-central-texas-employees-advised-to-work-from-home-if-possible/269-1763eb8f-068a-43ce-b447-b88ed54dc1a5

> > Nintendo: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/covid-19-outbreak-results-in-nintendo-of-america-employees-working-from-home/

> >

> > Before you say 'beepboopbop those are giant companies you can't compare them!', my company is mostly 'old fashioned' and has 100 employees. We were able to get set up WFH and have virtual events within a week. But now we're back to the GENIUS UNIQUE 'classic comment' cop out I guess.

> >

> > Any more kitten excuses? I'd love to hear em

>

> No use arguing with somebody so upset on the Internet like you are. Please continue educating people on the standards that apply to 100% of work spaces. Why don't they just kick their family out of the house either while they are working from home btw. Have they considered doing that yet? We still don't have any insight how they manage to work from home and a balance patch, something not even the main part of the studio is working for, is definitely not their highest priority.

No use arguing with a fanboy apologist