Short Poll: Aegis visuals toggle option: RESULTS

As mentioned in my post from 15.04.2020 I made a survey to find out how people feel about the Aegis visuals and whether there should be a toggle option for it.

Here are the results:

There were 26 participants.

Q1: Aegis should only be visible in PvP.

7.7 % Strongly agree

7.7 % Agree

30.8 % Disagree

53.8 % Strongly disagree

Q2: Aegis visuals should have a toggle option in the game setting.

15.4 % Strongly agree

23.1 % Agree

19.2 % Disagree

42.3 % Strongly disagree

Q3: Aegis should only be visible during actual combat, not when drawing your weapons.

23.1 % Strongly agree

19.2 % Agree

30.8 % Disagree

26.9 % Strongly disagree

Q4: I like how the Aegis visual looks like on my drawn off-hand weapon.

23.1 % Strongly agree

46.2 % Agree

11.5 % Disagree

19.2 % Strongly disagree

Q5: I am a Guardian main.

61.5 % Yes

38.5 % No

This concludes the survey results.

To summarize:

The majority of people don’t want the Aegis visuals to disappear completely.

There are however 42.1% who would like Aegis to no appear outside of combat while weapons are drawn.

Or that you can still see Aegis on everyone else even the people that toggle it off. The only difference is that they can’t see it on themselves. Why is that bad?

To me personally, this would be the ideal outcome. I want to be able to look at my legendary off-hand weapon Ipos without Aegis on it outside of battle. During combat this doesn’t matter since I’m not gonna be gawking at my character.

This survey has left me hopeless about playing my guardian with Ipos without feeling frustrated about the Aegis visual. And I was honestly surprised about how many people like the Aegis on their off-hand weapons. Flameseeker Prophecies for example. Aegis covers the entire legendary shield texture. Does it not bother you to not completely be able to see the weapon that you think looks so cool or that you grinded for really hard?

In any case, that’s it folks. The people have chosen. Aegis stays.

-Pfadlied

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> ...which means what, exactly?

Nothing whatsoever. Their pool was 26 people indicating that hundreds of thousands either didn't see the poll or care to vote rendering the entire conclusion...meaningless.

Personally I fully understand the issue, but I doubt you can set it to toggle just this one single thing. I quite like the look and it adds character and a visible cue as to when it is active (which is important)

A toggle option brings inconsistency. When you look at somebody and you see the aegis shield, you know he has it. With the toggel he might have it... or not...

Options for visual effects should never interfere with actual gameplay. Somebody who likes the visual might consider turning it off, just so it might give him an advantage.

> @"Mauzi.5892" said:

> A toggle option brings inconsistency. When you look at somebody and you see the aegis shield, you know he has it. With the toggel he might have it... or not...

> Options for visual effects should never interfere with actual gameplay. Somebody who likes the visual might consider turning it off, just so it might give him an advantage.

I think it would be ok if it was on the users end, like the existing option for unique item sounds. If I turn my own unique item sounds off it doesn't stop you hearing them, it only affects what I hear. (And similarly if you turn other users unique item sounds off I'll still here them, even on your items.)

If it was done that way then I think a toggle for the aegis effect would be ok. I wouldn't ever use it, but it's existance wouldn't affect me so I wouldn't be against it either.