15 Year Anniversary Update For Guild Wars 1

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> It's amazing how the game still looks incredible gorgeous.

>

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > just a pity the necro yet again bites the dust in GW1, this isn't even elite worthy let alone PVE-only.

>

> What?

> Dark Aura + New elite + Demonic Flesh + Scythe and watch everything explode.

i do that without that skill and costs me less energy, so again it's not worth the elite status.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > It's amazing how the game still looks incredible gorgeous.

> >

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > just a pity the necro yet again bites the dust in GW1, this isn't even elite worthy let alone PVE-only.

> >

> > What?

> > Dark Aura + New elite + Demonic Flesh + Scythe and watch everything explode.

>

> i do that without that skill and costs me less energy, so again it's not worth the elite status.

Its one of the best new elites.

Everyone and their mother is abusing it be it with scythe, bow or dagger.

I grabbed the proof so I can always get the new skills.

I was a little disappointed that they could not be equipped on Heroes though, I know they are pretty OP.. least a number of them are but considering full party's of players can run them together I see no reason to deny Heroes that ability.

I've always played Gw1 largely alone with NPC's over players anyways, even back in the active days because I like to play at my own pace and not at other peoples.

Anyhow they are nice additions, looking forward to picking some of them up on my mains when I feel like playing some Gw1 again.

> @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> Wait what? Is there a link of the new added items?

Doombox and Wooden Potatoes made videos about the new skills as did others if you want to see them.

Doombox's vid

WP's vid

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I grabbed the proof so I can always get the new skills.

> I was a little disappointed that they could not be equipped on Heroes though, I know they are pretty OP.. least a number of them are but considering full party's of players can run them together I see no reason to deny Heroes that ability.

> I've always played Gw1 largely alone with NPC's over players anyways, even back in the active days because I like to play at my own pace and not at other peoples.

> Anyhow they are nice additions, looking forward to picking some of them up on my mains when I feel like playing some Gw1 again.

>

> > @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > Wait what? Is there a link of the new added items?

>

> Doombox and Wooden Potatoes made videos about the new skills as did others if you want to see them.

> Doombox's vid

>

>

> WP's vid

>

I think the main reason was to avoid adding them to PvP so that they could be suitably 'powerful', and heroes got caught in the crossfire.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > I grabbed the proof so I can always get the new skills.

> > I was a little disappointed that they could not be equipped on Heroes though, I know they are pretty OP.. least a number of them are but considering full party's of players can run them together I see no reason to deny Heroes that ability.

> > I've always played Gw1 largely alone with NPC's over players anyways, even back in the active days because I like to play at my own pace and not at other peoples.

> > Anyhow they are nice additions, looking forward to picking some of them up on my mains when I feel like playing some Gw1 again.

> >

> > > @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > > Wait what? Is there a link of the new added items?

> >

> > Doombox and Wooden Potatoes made videos about the new skills as did others if you want to see them.

> > Doombox's vid

> >

> >

> > WP's vid

> >

>

> I think the main reason was to avoid adding them to PvP so that they could be suitably 'powerful', and heroes got caught in the crossfire.

You could be right about that, never considered PvP..

Shame either way, would have loved to try using some hero teams with them.

Most of my Gw1 characters never made it far past level 20 and some I deleted and are now just PvP characters I made to MercHero.

So it'll take a lot of time for me to get most classes to their Boss for skill cap since the skills level with primary stat making them useless for secondary prof xD

I don't like skipping ahead either so when I do go to get the Ranger Elite on my current Gw1 character im playing through with I'm going to have to beat all 3 campaigns and a chunk of Eye of the North first >.<

They could nerf SY to 50 armor and let heroes use PVE skills, even if it’s only 1 PVE skill per hero. Heck, I’d even take 3 total PVE skills across my 7 heroes if it means I can play my Barrage ranger with Great Dwarf Weapon on me. :(

Another option is to give heroes hero specific skills. Energy management on Mo heroes and SOMETHING to make W and P heroes useful.

EDIT: Off topic, but I wish they’d also fix AI usage of Strength of Honor. At best, they’ll cancel it after combat, instead of maintaining it. At worst, heroes cast it, then immediately cancel it because 1 target is dead, even though the battle isn’t over... Right now, SoH HAS to be manually micro managed by the player. Pretty annoying if the enemies constantly remove enchantments.