i thought it was a saga and not season 5

sED.9342

so i remember watching a guild chat video months back when this whole icebrood thing was released and the deadset feeling from it was that this was NOT season 5. the word saga was thrown around and repeated so many times it became a meme ingame. so my whole question/point right now. whats this season 5 prologue on sale in the bltp? did i miss something while playing the SAGA you released season 5?

"The Icebrood Saga" is the name of Living World season 5.

Edit: Here you go, from the announcement event

"I want to introduce you to the new season". (01:06:20 in case the time-link doesn't work)

Can't get clearer than that ;-)

That LWS5, The Icebrood Saga, got a own name just means the content they'll release this season is a bit more varied, they'll also add things like the Visions of the Past between the regular scheduled episodes (i.e. it's "bigger" than a regular LWS).

No, you didn't miss anything. They really did want to call it a saga and even the interviewer on stage asked what the difference was, and the staff couldn't answer clearly.

It was always just season five; the company just wanted to call it saga to imply that the content schedule and delivery would be different. They called it saga until it became clear that the new term wasn't catching on, so now it's just a season again.

If you ask me, the attempt at rebranding wasn't necessary. People would have been just as happy if they called it season 5 and left it at that.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> No, you didn't miss anything. They really did want to call it a saga and even the interviewer on stage asked what the difference was, and the staff couldn't answer clearly.

>

> It was always just season five; the company just wanted to call it saga to imply that the content schedule and delivery would be different. They called it saga until it became clear that the new term wasn't catching on, so now it's just a season again.

>

> If you ask me, the attempt at rebranding wasn't necessary. People would have been just as happy if they called it season 5 and left it at that.

It was and still is LWS5 The Icebrood Saga, that's the entire official name given during the live stream as shown in the post right above you, by definition a Saga is bigger than a season...the jury is still out on this one though.

> @"sED.9342" said:

> whats this season 5 prologue on sale in the bltp? did i miss something while playing the SAGA you released season 5?

It's the first episode, which was called the prologue, hence the four content pieces of the saga (a.k.a. Season 5) so far have been:

* Prologue: Bound by Blood

* Episode 1: Whisper in the Dark

* Episode 2: Shadow in the Ice

* Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> Only the forums "rebranded" Icebrood Saga

Not true. Take a look at your story journal.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > Only the forums "rebranded" Icebrood Saga

>

> Not true. Take a look at your story journal.

Now take a look at Season 1. Unless you mean to claim that there is no season 1? or that Scarlet's War was an expansion?

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > > Only the forums "rebranded" Icebrood Saga

> >

> > Not true. Take a look at your story journal.

>

> Now take a look at Season 1. Unless you mean to claim that there is no season 1? or that Scarlet's War was an expansion?

Scarlets War was from a time before seasons as we know them. It was intended to be the "Expansion" content and it failed miserably, living world cant replace an expansion in hype or in scope... the saga was an attempt at doing both again (They need E-specs if they think the saga can match expansion content.)

Technically it is something between a new season and en expansion - I guess. More like a new season and from the way it is set up and released it is same as other seasons. But I guess they wanted the term "Saga" to make it still seem a bit different. Also the mastery points seem to be seperated while for other seasons they were tied to the expansion that got released before that season.