QOL: Setting for invite rejection.

Guild Invites are invisible afaik. I've been surprised to find them waiting for me when I open the guild tab.

For party invites, I agree there should be a way to prevent unsolicited invites. Can you do that by setting your status to invisible? I don't find them annoying as much as I feel like I'm being rude for rejecting them (but then I'm Canadian so that tracks), and then I feel like I have to whisper them and explain why I turned it down.

If there is, I still think they should be allowed by default for newer players, who may be unfamiliar with MMOs or how GW2 works. Experienced players can then disable them on their own.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Guild Invites are invisible afaik. I've been surprised to find them waiting for me when I open the guild tab.

The guild invite notice flashes at the top left of your UI in grey until you respond. Party and squads invites are similar but lower down with brighter boxes.

Seems a fair request to me as an option to add. I'd prob lean against encouraging a squad auto decline one though. It's hard enough getting people to join squads (and squads are important to be a part of) without discouraging the practice.

Otherwise, yeah I don't see the issue with adding this

Off Topic - Other than leading a group in WvW, Raid, or other HIGHLY coordinated events, I've never seen much use for a squad other than a bright tag.

There are people who blindly invite to parties, squads, and guilds repeatedly.

I've played other games that simply have an option you can check or uncheck for each, just like we have for hearing player instruments or legendary noise.

I have not personally been targeted for random guild invites, but i have been randomly invited to parties and squads while not being at ALL interested in joining. And yes, it is not much work to decline manually, but why should i have to in the first place?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I'd prob lean against encouraging a squad auto decline one though. It's hard enough getting people to join squads (and squads are important to be a part of) without discouraging the practice.

If they don't want to join the squad, why should they be pestered by invites to the squad?

> @"keenedge.9675" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > QoL requests should go here: [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas)

>

> I count that as a dead thread since the owner is not with Anet anymore.

If that thread were dead or simply no longer of interest to Anet it would've been unstickied long ago. Anet is very good at keeping the sticky threads to a bare minimum (sometimes too good), so if anything's sticky in this forum, you can count on it being active and monitored by Anet.

• 7 months later...