GW2 playable on Geforce Now (Android, Mac, Windows)

Hi guys,

I'm just curious... is there someone else who play GW2 through Geforce Now streaming service?

It is amazing. You can actually run the game on your Android phone (and any weak computer including Mac too)

I usually log in through my cellphone to pick up the daily chest and sometimes very awkwardly do the daily achievs.

For proper experience you need bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but for me it is not running well with the BT keyboard on my Android phone (I probably need a better phone).

But still good enough to pick up the daily chest :)

And if you play on mac or any other laptop, it is amazing. You need a stable internet connection. There is virtually no lag whatsoever if you play with Geforce Now and are connected to internet via cable.

Well GeForce Now is nice but the premium/paid tier is now locked and you cannot purchase it anymore and the free tier has 1 hour/day limit AND a rather long queue. So you can't really use it to get your dailies when you want them. Of course you can launch it on your phone early and when the queue is over it will connect and you can grab your dailies just fine. Keep in mind that there are requirements: An Android phone with 2GB with Android 5.0 (L) or later, and OpenGL ES3.2 support or higher. But any phones released in the last few years should easily cover them.

> @"Mortifer.2946" said:

> Hi guys,

>

> I'm just curious... is there someone else who play GW2 through Geforce Now streaming service?

> It is amazing. You can actually run the game on your Android phone (and any weak computer including Mac too)

> I usually log in through my cellphone to pick up the daily chest and sometimes very awkwardly do the daily achievs.

> For proper experience you need bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but for me it is not running well with the BT keyboard on my Android phone (I probably need a better phone).

>

> But still good enough to pick up the daily chest :)

>

> And if you play on mac or any other laptop, it is amazing. You need a stable internet connection. There is virtually no lag whatsoever if you play with Geforce Now and are connected to internet via cable.

Just for clarity, are you saying all macs are weak? Or that it also works on weak macs? I play on a Mac laptop and while GW2 has its issues, overall performance isn’t one. :-)

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> That's neat. Steam Link can do this too. All you have to do is add GW2 to your Library as an "other game".

Steam Link works only on your local network using your own hardware capabilities. GeForce Now works from anywhere, provided there is a good enough internet connection. And of course if you can manage the loooooooong queues.

Because of Geforce Now, my girlfriend was finally able to play GW2 to with me for the first time ever. With her weak laptop she was even able to complete SAB tribulation world 1! For some people who don't have access to a good computer setup, Geforce Now is absolutely a viable and usable alternative to experience Tyria. (wow I sound like a commercial, but for real I'm really thankful that I was finally able to play with her and super proud she did trib mode!)

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> It sucks on a MacBook. Will MacBook Air or pro suffice. I plan to get one

If you are talking about GeForce Now, the hardware doesn't really matter, only the internet connection. If you are talking about the game then I have no clue, not really knowledgable on Macs

Yeah, I went ahead and subscribed for the full service because I have a potato laptop and using GeForce Now is *amazingly* better. I realize for people with decent PCs it's probably not impressive, and it does have some latency/resolution bottlenecks sometimes, but holy crap is it a huge improvement for me personally.

I'd recommend that anyone who plays on an old laptop at least give it a try and see if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, if you still read this, some further info from my own experience with playing through Windows, Mac, Geforce Now Windows / Mac / Android.

Normal client windows 7/8/10: you know how it works....

Macbook Pro 2018 (my overly expensive work laptop): Mac client runs bad and has graphical glithches. If you install Windows 10 through Mac's Bootcamp app, and install graphic drivers for windows on mac, the game runs quite nice and definitely better than on Mac client.

Geforce Now on Windows: runs good enough for normal open world gameplay, sometimes your resolution gets lowered for a bit if you are getting "spotty connection" warning. I wouldn't play Raids or Fractals with this though.

Geforce Now on Mac: Runs the same as on Windows. Just maybe prepare that Mac keyboard is different and that you don't have access to numeric keyboard (which is absolutely necessary for me. I bound mounts on it)

Geforce Now on Android phone: the game looks beautiful, FPS is smooth, it looks like a dream on a first sight. Tested on both 2,4Ghz Wifi and G4 LTE cellphone network. But then you try to control it. I connected my BT mouse and keyboard and I found out that WASD is not moving my character UNLESS I hold ALT button...pretty f-ed up.... Then I found out Android doesn't know right click, so turning camera while running? Not possible.... I have read several threads about this Android issue and they say that Android now supports right clicking, so I don't know... maybe just my phone is too old, or my logitech mouse and keyboard don't like Indian phones (Honor).

However, as I mentioned, good enough for picking up daily chest and if you are hardocore, you can even do daily vista, forager and stuff like that.

BTW: YOU CAN USE VIRTUAL KEYBOARD IN THE APP :) that's why you need to be a real hero to try to get the daily done :D also your clicking on display works as clicking in-game... pro tip: don't try to double-tap, it is nearly impossible. Instead, zoom in on an item with your finger gesture, and then click on it with 2 fingers (works as right click)

Regarding the free version for 1 hour gametime: It sucks. I don't have it though. I subscribed for the paid version. Someone here is saying you cannot order paid version anymore? It is possible... The service is hugely popular, so probably just wait until they prepare more servers and make it out of the Beta phase and you will definitely be able to get it then. I grabbed mine for like 5 euro per month (Founder Edition), the payments will start next month and it will cost this price for a year (then it will cost the same as for the rest of the customers)