Mount Adopt License Idea: Single Mount Type Adopt

Currently there are two types of Mount Adopt License; random mount from all mount types, or mount select.

I was wondering if we could add a third type: single mount type license with RNG.

For example : Jackal skin adopt license would feature jackals skins only from all of the current mount pack releases (excluding mount pack sets like Branded Mount Pack, Shiverpeaks Mount Pack etc)

Cost: 500 -600 gems each to offset any profit loss from people not buying regular adopt licenses.

Why: I use 3 types of mounts more than the rest. I don't want to have to pay $20US for 1 skin or shell out potentially much more to gamble on RNG when I may have wanted 2 or 3 out of an entire release. While my idea is still RNG, it would at least be for the mount type I use most.

Do you like this idea? Have any of your own?

The only issue here is that, if you take the current batch (curious creatures) there are only one springer and skimmer, so in effect you'd be getting a mount select license for those types at less than half the cost. If you extend it to every mount ever released, that could be more financially preferable.

This is why I think they should have simplified the process. Instead of having mount packages, a single pool you could rng or pick from - added to over time - would have been much better.

It means less waiting around for a specific package and your idea would work perfectly.

Adding your idea in with the current implementation risks having too many licences to confuse people with even though there is sensible merit behind your thinking

Would depend on whether it was general or specific to licence types.

With the newest set there is only 1 Springer so having a specific licence for that would be kind of a waste of an item slot.

However if these licences were general.. and for example included every springer from every set so far then yea that wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

The downside though being that with the bigger pool of skins the chances of you getting the specific skin you want would be very low unless you already had a decent amount of that specific mount.

But you'd still get a skin for that specific mount type so I think a lot of people would go for that alone.

Yeah that is why I said, from a pool of existing skins of that mount type across various releases; releases being Desert Racer, New Horizons etc. The idea isn't necessarily to get the exact one you wanted - that's what the mount select is for. But as others pointed out; they might not plan to get a gryphon or a skyscale, or use warclaw. Maybe they just really want skins for the type of mount they use most but don't care what skin it is.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm not sure everyone read the OP completely.

> The License would not be for every Mount (of a type) released, but a _new_ type of License with a guaranteed chance for 1 out of 5 skins for that Mount. It would not apply to existing License packs.

Really, I thought they said it was for existing licence packs?

The idea being you'd roll on say the Jackal skins across multiple releases rather than roll on one skin of any type in one release

Not gonna happen.

For your idea to be considered by ANet, it needs to yield as much money than existing options on average.

If there's only 1 skin or you want all the skins, making that contract less than 1200 gems would be stupid from ANet part.

It would only be a gambling way for very few lucky ones to get their mounts at a little discount.

Wait for a discount if you want something cheaper.

If you want something that has a chance to work, it would be also having options to buy 2 or 3 select licenses at once at a little discount.

* 1 select license : 1200 gems

* 2 select licenses : 2250 gems (-6.25%)

* 3 select licenses : 3200 gems (-11.1%)

I do not have the Rollerbeetle, Griffin, or the Warclaw.

I would like the system to check if these critters are unlocked before awarding skin.

For example, if I buy a mount gambling ticket, I would like the system to first check to see if I have actually unlocked Warclaw, Griffon, and Rollerbeetle. If I have not, then the system will not award me with a skin for the critters I do not have.

I bet Anet would sell more mount gamble tickets if people were assured they would get something they can actually use.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> Not gonna happen.

>

> For your idea to be considered by ANet, it needs to yield as much money than existing options on average.

> If there's only 1 skin or you want all the skins, making that contract less than 1200 gems would be stupid from ANet part.

> It would only be a gambling way for very few lucky ones to get their mounts at a little discount.

> Wait for a discount if you want something cheaper.

>

> If you want something that has a chance to work, it would be also having options to buy 2 or 3 select licenses at once at a little discount.

> * 1 select license : 1200 gems

> * 2 select licenses : 2250 gems (-6.25%)

> * 3 select licenses : 3200 gems (-11.1%)

This is also a good idea, and probably better for the company as well.

But, remember when they added that Gem Store Mount Exclusive select box to the Black Lion Chest? I think there is space to make my suggestion a reality, in the game even if it's not exactly as I envisioned.

I'm okay with the skins being RNG but I do wish there was a way to exclude some of them. Even if you could buy a license where you could exclude 3-5 (or more depending on which license) of the skins would be great, imo. There are some skins I just plain don't like and would never use. After a certain point, I stop buying licenses because there's only 1-2 skins I particularly want and several I definitely do not and I don't want to spend 1200 gems to nab the one I'm okay with.

Licenses that stick to specific mounts also works. I just wish there was a way for people to narrow things down to some degree.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > Why not have it for 1 mount only, but a random look from many past variations for that specific mount? Not a specific thematic, just for example 5 looks for that mount.

>

> That's what the OP suggested.

If that's what he is suggesting why are people commenting that some mounts ibly have 1 skin in a certain specific item so it wouldn't work for less than 1200 gems? ?

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> This is why I think they should have simplified the process. Instead of having mount packages, a single pool you could rng or pick from - added to over time - would have been much better.

>

> It means less waiting around for a specific package and your idea would work perfectly.

>

> Adding your idea in with the current implementation risks having too many licences to confuse people with even though there is sensible merit behind your thinking

I think that's what Anet was originally planning to do, which is why the first one was just called Mount Adoption Licence. But when it became clear players really didn't like it being purely RNG, or the idea that they'd never get the skin they wanted because the selection kept increasing, and Anet decided to make select licences they insisted on seperating them out, so the original 30 skins would remain purely RNG.

I agree it would be better to simplify it, partially because it would be far less confusing and frustrating for players and partially because then I could finally buy skins from the original set. (There's a lot less I want now than when they first came out, but there's still 4 or 5 I'd like.) But after Anet acted like select licences were a major concession I think it's unlikely they'll be willing to modify the system even further.