Buying/Selling Jormag’s Needle

Some players will spend a month with a buy order and other's with no patience will buy for the top price. Listing 1c under will get you more gold but of course there's the risk you get undercut by 1c then it sits there forever. No one can tell you for sure

That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

>

> The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

> and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

>

> you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

>

> Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

>

> At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

Would it benefit me more to just sell the mystic coins I have (I don’t possess the other materials and would end up buying them)

> @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

> >

> > The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

> > and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

> >

> > you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

> >

> > Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

> >

> > At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

>

> Would it benefit me more to just sell the mystic coins I have (I don’t possess the other materials and would end up buying them)

That is an even better question than what I mentioned! It seems I have failed to see the forest for the tree.

and yes, you would get ~42g(doesn't matter if it is instant or listed) for those 30 coins verses only 25g and the coins will sell faster too

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

> > >

> > > The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

> > > and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

> > >

> > > you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

> > >

> > > Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

> > >

> > > At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

> >

> > Would it benefit me more to just sell the mystic coins I have (I don’t possess the other materials and would end up buying them)

>

> That is an even better question than what I mentioned! It seems I have failed to see the forest for the tree.

>

> and yes, you would get ~42g(doesn't matter if it is instant or listed) for those 30 coins verses only 25g and the coins will sell faster too

>

>

Got it, final question. Can I make/do anything useful with the coins aside from crafting and the mystic forge?

> > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

> > > >

> > > > The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

> > > > and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

> > > >

> > > > you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

> > > >

> > > > Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

> > > >

> > > > At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

> > >

> > > Would it benefit me more to just sell the mystic coins I have (I don’t possess the other materials and would end up buying them)

> >

> > That is an even better question than what I mentioned! It seems I have failed to see the forest for the tree.

> >

> > and yes, you would get ~42g(doesn't matter if it is instant or listed) for those 30 coins verses only 25g and the coins will sell faster too

> >

> >

> Got it, final question. Can I make/do anything useful with the coins aside from crafting and the mystic forge?

>

One achievement that I know of and some Guild Hall stuff too, but here is the list

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin

> > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > That items does not seem to have any drop source so it has to be created. As a result of that the question you should start with is "what is the minimum price this can be sold for to break even?"

> > > >

> > > > The answer to that is 91g if you use buy orders to obtain the items through the TP

> > > > and 82g if you gathered the materials yourself (this is the amount you could have gotten if you just sold the materials)

> > > >

> > > > you can add an additional ~10g if you want to factor in the 50 spirit shards(that is at a conservative conversion rate of 20s / shard)

> > > >

> > > > Instant sell is 78g which means if you do this you will just lose money.

> > > >

> > > > At the sell price of 126g you will get 107g after taxes and fees and if you gathered the materials yourself your profit is about 25g. The actual price you should sell it at just becomes a question of how much gold you should get for the efforts you have put into making the item.

> > >

> > > Would it benefit me more to just sell the mystic coins I have (I don’t possess the other materials and would end up buying them)

> >

> > That is an even better question than what I mentioned! It seems I have failed to see the forest for the tree.

> >

> > and yes, you would get ~42g(doesn't matter if it is instant or listed) for those 30 coins verses only 25g and the coins will sell faster too

> >

> >

> Got it, final question. Can I make/do anything useful with the coins aside from crafting and the mystic forge?

>

You need one for each PoF elite spec weapon collection.

> @"magnusthorek.8027" said:

> Oh my, I never heard of this Collection/Achievement before :open_mouth:

>

> I'm unsure if I should thank you or hate you :tongue:

Jormag Defense Guide? Expensive collection with terrible rewards

The corrupted weapons are not too bad if you make the lodestones yourself from cores