I want to be a shaman

• 2 months later...

Shaman on gw2 **is mainly a norn title** not a profession, most of them are elementalist or necromancer, there are some warriors and ranger shamans. I mean u can be a Engineer shaman if you pass the spirit trial.

**Jhavi jorasdotir** is a shaman necromancer.

**Havroun Svena** is a Warrior like shaman.

**Havroun Grechen** is kinda like a guardian or warrior, but she also uses poison.

**Havroun Weibe** is a Necro who is capable of 100% shapeshifting into a big raven, not a humanoid raven but a big flying raven.

Short answer: go play a game with Shaman as a class.

Longer answer: a name is a name. I dislike copying in games and think a game should be original and not a rip-of. So a class named shaman should be different and it should not be about the name. So maybe ask what kind of gameplay you'd like and why you are missing it in the current classes (bare in mind that asking for a "bash you head on the keyboard" - gameplay will not likely happen. It should be inline with the difficulty of the existing classes )

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

>

> There is bear and raven cermonial

But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

> @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> >

> > There is bear and raven cermonial

>

> But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

Tribal set exists

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Westenev.5289" said:

> > I mean, a Revenant is kind of a shaman. They can talk to dead people (spirits) through the mists, and can deal damage and heal and enhance allies (typically a shamans role in a rpg).

>

> Originally, the concept was that we channel the memories of the Mists about certain individuals and events surrounding them, not actual spirits.

> That's why I think the small talk with the characters was a bad addition.

>

> But the original, interesting concept was completely ruined with the additions of Renegade, which suddenly turns us into budget Ritualists and summon actual Charr spirits, rather than memories of the Mists.

>

> > That said, they're more of a melee class than a caster...

> Shamans in WoW also have a Melee specialization. Ritualists in GW1 could also successfully be played as melee characters.

> I don't think melee fighting is much of a problem when designing a Shaman for a game.

I'm glad someone else articulated this. I always thought the Revenant was thematically supposed to manifest legendary figures, not summon and interact with them.

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> >

> > There is bear and raven cermonial

>

> But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> > >

> > > There is bear and raven cermonial

> >

> > But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> > I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

>

> Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

That is shoulders (I have them), but whatabout the rest?

> @"frareanselm.1925" said:

> > > @"frareanselm.1925" said:

> > > The druid is meant to be the shaman, but the avatar form is really bad, the heals are low and the utilities should be ranged.

> >

> > I have managed to get really great heal out of mine.

>

> which stat combination?

Power, toughness, healingpower.

Mskes no dmg but heals great!

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> > > >

> > > > There is bear and raven cermonial

> > >

> > > But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> > > I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

> >

> > Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

>

> That is shoulders (I have them), but whatabout the rest?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_Bones_armor for light

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Ceremonial_armor_(medium) if going for medium

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> > > > >

> > > > > There is bear and raven cermonial

> > > >

> > > > But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> > > > I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

> > >

> > > Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

> >

> > That is shoulders (I have them), but whatabout the rest?

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_Bones_armor for light

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Ceremonial_armor_(medium) if going for medium

One is for light and the other looks horrible on male charr! Old and low res.

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is bear and raven cermonial

> > > > >

> > > > > But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> > > > > I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

> > > >

> > > > Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

> > >

> > > That is shoulders (I have them), but whatabout the rest?

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_Bones_armor for light

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Ceremonial_armor_(medium) if going for medium

>

> One is for light and the other looks horrible on male charr! Old and low res.

The older one is light armor but the other is the same across all armor classes!

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Frostfang.5109" said:

> > > > > > > > I would like armour (for medium) so that i could dress like a shaman ...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is bear and raven cermonial

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it covers all skin there is and they look horribla on charr.

> > > > > > I main charr and would like some more tribal-like armour with more skin showing - wristbands, necklaces, leatherpatches, leaves, beads, pearls, bones, seashels etc. I think u get it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you have living world season 4? You get some neat bone shoulders for doing episode 2's achievements or the reward track.

> > > >

> > > > That is shoulders (I have them), but whatabout the rest?

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_Bones_armor for light

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raven_Ceremonial_armor_(medium) if going for medium

> >

> > One is for light and the other looks horrible on male charr! Old and low res.

>

> The older one is light armor but the other is the same across all armor classes!

Yes, I know, and It covers all skin on males, is low res and stretch awfully on charr! ?