How Old is Rytlock Meant to be?

It’s been about eleven years since Destiny’s Edge first fought Kralkatorrik, and from what I read in one of the short stories surrounding Rytlock, he has at least two cubs. I’m guessing the youngest he could have possibly been when he had his first one was 18 (though I doubt he was that young). Does anybody have any idea how old he’s meant to be?

Why 18, specifically? We don't know how fast Charr grow up and at what age they are considered adults. Could be 5 years or 30. Or any other random guess.

It's really hard to tell, especially with the non-human NPCs.

Edit: But since Crecia is the mother of at least Ryland and they kind of broke up when Rytlock got Sohothin, that may give a little bit of a time frame?

> @"Fenella.2634" said:

> Why 18, specifically? We don't know how fast Charr grow up and at what age they are considered adults. Could be 5 years or 30. Or any other random guess.

> It's really hard to tell, especially with the non-human NPCs.

>

> Edit: But since Crecia is the mother of at least Ryland and they kind of broke up when Rytlock got Sohothin, that may give a little bit of a time frame?

We know a bit about them such as

> Charr children are called cubs, though female cubs are occasionally called "kits" out of affection. Infants are born fully furred, with open eyes and functional limbs. Within a few days, cubs can follow their mothers over even the harshest terrain. They eat meat within a month of birth, and are fully independent several months later.

([Ecology of the Charr](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr))

I think they live about as long as humans, though, but of course it's rare for charr to die of old age (I wish I could find the source). Rytlock I'd say is in his 40s given that Ryland seems to be in his early 20s which would put Rytlock in his mid-late 20s or early 30s during Edge of Destiny which makes sense. He was a lot more hot-headed then than he is now and we know Bangar exploited him before EoD formed, and that type of exploitation is easiest done when someone still isn't sure of themselves so assuming charr don't fully mature mentally until their mid-twenties like humans, that's around the age he'd have been when he broke away from Bangar by my best guess. He also wasn't a father when he was sent to spy on the Flame Legion and you don't send a brand new cub out of the fahrar to integrate with your enemy because they wouldn't have any real world experience to do so and not risk blowing their cover within the first week. Especially as he's Blood and not Ash (which may have better spy training in their fahrar).

Their quick early development makes it hard to nail down specific ages but I wouldn't be surprised if real world felines served as the inspiration for that as humans having a long infant/baby/toddler period is not the norm. It probably takes charr a number of years to put on that much muscle, too, so while they may be technically sexually mature in their teens, they're still not adults and would rarely produce offspring that young.

Don't know for sure but if I had to guess i'd say he's probably the equivalent to a Human in their late 40's early 50's at this point, Eir would probably have been around the same had she survived this long.. maybe Zojja isn't far behind too mid to late 40's maybe if I had to guess.

Logan I expect is a little younger early to mid 40's by now and Caithe would be the youngest at 31 years old.

Caithe is the only one I think who's age we know for a fact.

She was 17 when she first formed Destiny's Edge along side her companions and 18 when they fought Kralkatorrik in the Crystal Desert and Destiny's Edge broke up.

When the personal story begins Caithe would have been 23 years old.

That would put..

Logan between 32-35 at the start of Gw2.

Zojja about 36-38 at the start of Gw2.

Rytlock and Eir around 39-43 at the start of Gw2.

That's my best guess.

Queen Jennah on the other hand is about 35 now providing she was 18 when she become old enough to become Queen (unconfirmed, she could have been older 20 or younger 16)

Which if my guesses are accurate that would make logan about 5-8 years older than her and she would have been about 21 when Logan first saw her and fell in love with her.

Logan would have been around 26-29 around that time if my guesses are accurate.

!*Edit Update*!

Just fixing something I overlooked.

Zojja is actually the youngest confirmed member of Destiny's Edge, This is stated by Caithe in the Sorrows Embrace Dungeon if you talk to her.

Caithe specifically says: "Zojja has always been the youngest and most impulsive of our group"

So while we don't know her exact age we do have in game proof that Zojja is the youngest member.. which would put her somewhere around her late teens/early 20's at most during the personal story to make her younger than Caithe who is 23 years old at this time.

Considering they formed the group when Caithe was 17 then Zojja is probably quite close in age to Caithe.. then again age didn't stop Taimi joining our little band when she was just a 13 year old kid so Zojja could be anywhere from a few months to 4-5 years younger than Caithe..