Pride Flag Capes

This is a game and some of these devs have proven loony. (Jessica Price, and recently another story dev, (forgot her name) was _encouraging_ the riots.) Can we please just play the game and forget the world? They've already proven they are lgbt friendly with their character's story arcs. Most people don't give a darn as long as you are decent people and not choking you with some agenda.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

>

> Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

You started it by attacking a group of people and proceeded to use false stereotypes to get a flimsy point across so :shrug:

Don't feel surprised when people reciprocate the same respect.

> > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > >

> > > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

> >

> > You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

>

> People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

>

> Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?

I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with the community, but I don't see how this has anything to do with pride flag capes.

At this point I'm not sure what we're supposed to agree to disagree on here, everytime you reply you fling an entirely different argument or personal experience, it's starting to feel like it's a personal grudge against the community instead of the actual topic.

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

> >

> > Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

>

> You started it by attacking a group of people and proceeded to use false stereotypes to get a flimsy point across so :shrug:

>

> Don't feel surprised when people reciprocate the same respect.

> > > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > > >

> > > > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

> > >

> > > You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

> >

> > People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

> >

> > Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?

>

> I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with the community, but I don't see how this has anything to do with pride flag capes.

>

> At this point I'm not sure what we're supposed to agree to disagree here, everytime you reply you fling an entirely different argument, it's starting to feel like it's a personal grudge against the community instead of the actual topic.

Oh I see, you're spinning everything I'm saying. Cute. I'm almost curious to see where you're going to direct me if I ask where you've seen me attacking since it's nowhere at all.

Anyways. Since long explanations with a bit of personal feedback are apparently moot I'll make it very, very short: The cape is based on a topic that is already present in the game and that is made controversial as it's been witnessed so many times, it's rejected as many times as it's forcefully pushed, so there's no place for it. Done.

Good day.

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

> > >

> > > Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

> >

> > You started it by attacking a group of people and proceeded to use false stereotypes to get a flimsy point across so :shrug:

> >

> > Don't feel surprised when people reciprocate the same respect.

>

> > > > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > > > >

> > > > > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

> > > >

> > > > You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

> > >

> > > People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

> > >

> > > Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?

> >

> > I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with the community, but I don't see how this has anything to do with pride flag capes.

> >

> > At this point I'm not sure what we're supposed to agree to disagree here, everytime you reply you fling an entirely different argument, it's starting to feel like it's a personal grudge against the community instead of the actual topic.

>

> Oh I see, you're spinning everything I'm saying. Cute. I'm almost curious to see where you're going to direct me if I ask where you've seen me attacking since it's nowhere at all.

Pot meet kettle.

I was pretty specific as to what I'm referring to in my last post.

> Anyways. Since long explanations with a bit of personal feedback are apparently moot I'll make it very, very short: The cape is based on a topic that is already present in the game and that is made controversial thanks to the likes of you, so there's no place for it. Done.

>

> Good day.

Pride isn't present in the game, and the topic wasn't controversial until your ad nauseam and unrelated personal experiences started making it controversial. :p

> @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

> > > >

> > > > Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

> > >

> > > You started it by attacking a group of people and proceeded to use false stereotypes to get a flimsy point across so :shrug:

> > >

> > > Don't feel surprised when people reciprocate the same respect.

> >

> > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

> > > > >

> > > > > You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

> > > >

> > > > People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

> > > >

> > > > Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?

> > >

> > > I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with the community, but I don't see how this has anything to do with pride flag capes.

> > >

> > > At this point I'm not sure what we're supposed to agree to disagree here, everytime you reply you fling an entirely different argument, it's starting to feel like it's a personal grudge against the community instead of the actual topic.

> >

> > Oh I see, you're spinning everything I'm saying. Cute. I'm almost curious to see where you're going to direct me if I ask where you've seen me attacking since it's nowhere at all.

> Pot meet kettle.

>

> I was pretty specific as to what I'm referring to in my last post.

>

> > Anyways. Since long explanations with a bit of personal feedback are apparently moot I'll make it very, very short: The cape is based on a topic that is already present in the game and that is made controversial thanks to the likes of you, so there's no place for it. Done.

> >

> > Good day.

>

> Pride isn't present in the game, and the topic wasn't controversial until your ad nauseam and unrelated personal experiences started making it controversial. :p

Refer to everything that has been posted before I even got here, I honestly can't help you.

Also, that's not how one uses the pot and kettle.

> @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > > @"MrForz.1953" said:

> > > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > > "You didn't say it, but I'm gonna attribute it to it anyway because my Google search is giving me false flags and I'm mentally incapable of not generalizing".

> > > > >

> > > > > Are these attacks? On top of... I'm not sure what I'm reading I'm afraid.

> > > >

> > > > You started it by attacking a group of people and proceeded to use false stereotypes to get a flimsy point across so :shrug:

> > > >

> > > > Don't feel surprised when people reciprocate the same respect.

> > >

> > > > > > @"Daharahj.1325" said:

> > > > > > Lastly, personality isn't a thing you can police, sexuality is a part of everyone's personality and how they choose to express it is none of my business, and those people you keep strawmaning probably have more nuance to their personality than what you're giving them credit for.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > From a personal experience, I honestly wished.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You have suspiciously selective personal experience. Unless you count memes as personal experience I suppose :p

> > > > >

> > > > > People I'm really close to. Bisexual, formely part of that community, got out of it for not being enough of an activist after a while, being a fan of both Warhammer series didn't help since it's apparently automatically labeled as a bigot thing. One of them grew furious afterwards, I'm relatively patient and calm in comparison.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sigh. Look, whatever both of us are trying to achieve, I don't want it to devolve into attacks or anything close to it. I've said my pieces and experiences, there are good and bad people in every group, and let's just agree to disagree on further topics if you don't mind?

> > > >

> > > > I'm sorry you had an unfortunate experience with the community, but I don't see how this has anything to do with pride flag capes.

> > > >

> > > > At this point I'm not sure what we're supposed to agree to disagree here, everytime you reply you fling an entirely different argument, it's starting to feel like it's a personal grudge against the community instead of the actual topic.

> > >

> > > Oh I see, you're spinning everything I'm saying. Cute. I'm almost curious to see where you're going to direct me if I ask where you've seen me attacking since it's nowhere at all.

> > Pot meet kettle.

> >

> > I was pretty specific as to what I'm referring to in my last post.

> >

> > > Anyways. Since long explanations with a bit of personal feedback are apparently moot I'll make it very, very short: The cape is based on a topic that is already present in the game and that is made controversial thanks to the likes of you, so there's no place for it. Done.

> > >

> > > Good day.

> >

> > Pride isn't present in the game, and the topic wasn't controversial until your ad nauseam and unrelated personal experiences started making it controversial. :p

>

> Refer to everything that has been posted before I even got here, I honestly can't help you.

>

> Also, that's now how one uses the pot and kettle.

Accusing me of spinning what I'm saying after incessantly doing it yourself to fabricate a false pejorative to be upset over is pretty rich, I guess the saying doesn't apply since I haven't done it myself yet.

A matter that has no business being controversial was made controversial by people opposing it for personal reasons instead of logical ones. And it's still going.

This back and forth reminds me of my little brother and me when we were younger.

"Nu-uh! You started it!"

"No, you!"

"You"

And then out came the re-barb and the claws. Then we'd get bored of fighting and play Incredible Journey because neither of us would've won that fight. It seems to be the case here, too. Of course, I don't advocate violence. <3 ("ya'll bettah get the kitten-kaboodle (very strong swear word here, please.) along, ya hear!": My grandma in the early '90s)

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> Could you two move to private messaging? Not sure what either of you expect from your back and forth. Clearly not going to have a winner.

Can't say I haven't tried. Or better yet "What does this have to do with pride flag capes?" haha. But you're dead right, I'm out.

> @"Hyrai.8720" said:

> >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_social_movements#:~:text=Lesbian%2C%20gay%2C%20bisexual%2C%20and,of%20the%201960s%20and%201970s.

> >"A commonly stated goal among these movements is social equality for LGBT people"

>

> please tell me what's the difference between "we want social equality" and "please accept us".

The first may be interpreted as being slightly aggressive, very different from the second.

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > * halloween

> > * easter

> > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > * new year

> > * chineese new year

> > * april fools

> >

> > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

>

> In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

how long have you bin playing guild wars?

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > > * halloween

> > > * easter

> > > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > > * new year

> > > * chineese new year

> > > * april fools

> > >

> > > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

> >

> > In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

>

> how long have you bin playing guild wars?

Since one of the GW2 beta weekends. What does that have to do with it? There's no Easter event in GW2 (though I had forgotten about the Sweet Treats Week in GW1, which I guess is what you were referring to). I suppose you can consider Wintersday to be the New Year event, but since you'd already listed that, I assumed you were referring to something else.

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > > > * halloween

> > > > * easter

> > > > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > > > * new year

> > > > * chineese new year

> > > > * april fools

> > > >

> > > > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > > > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

> > >

> > > In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

> >

> > how long have you bin playing guild wars?

>

> Since one of the GW2 beta weekends. What does that have to do with it? There's no Easter event in GW2 (though I had forgotten about the Sweet Treats Week in GW1, which I guess is what you were referring to). I suppose you can consider Wintersday to be the New Year event, but since you'd already listed that, I assumed you were referring to something else.

if you read what i said i included the original guild wars which has both, i play guild wars since june 2005.....

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > > > > * halloween

> > > > > * easter

> > > > > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > > > > * new year

> > > > > * chineese new year

> > > > > * april fools

> > > > >

> > > > > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > > > > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

> > > >

> > > > In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

> > >

> > > how long have you bin playing guild wars?

> >

> > Since one of the GW2 beta weekends. What does that have to do with it? There's no Easter event in GW2 (though I had forgotten about the Sweet Treats Week in GW1, which I guess is what you were referring to). I suppose you can consider Wintersday to be the New Year event, but since you'd already listed that, I assumed you were referring to something else.

>

> if you read what i said i included the original guild wars which has both, i play guild wars since june 2005.....

If you'd read what I said you'd have noticed it was a question and - given your superior knowledge from your extra years of Guild Wars experience - you could have answered it, rather than choosing to be snarky.

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > > > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > > > i see ppl talking about not adding real life stuff into GW1/2 while we have plenty of real life stuff already in GW1/2.

> > > > > > * halloween

> > > > > > * easter

> > > > > > * wintersday (which is in some parts of the world an actual holiday)

> > > > > > * new year

> > > > > > * chineese new year

> > > > > > * april fools

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and the list can go on, we even have a pink dye day to raise awareness to cancer but the awareness of racial and sexual equality is going to far?

> > > > > > excuse me but to me that's hypocritical and i am ashamed to be a part of that kind of community, it's equal everything or nothing at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > In what sense do we have Easter and New Year?

> > > >

> > > > how long have you bin playing guild wars?

> > >

> > > Since one of the GW2 beta weekends. What does that have to do with it? There's no Easter event in GW2 (though I had forgotten about the Sweet Treats Week in GW1, which I guess is what you were referring to). I suppose you can consider Wintersday to be the New Year event, but since you'd already listed that, I assumed you were referring to something else.

> >

> > if you read what i said i included the original guild wars which has both, i play guild wars since june 2005.....

>

> If you'd read what I said you'd have noticed it was a question and - given your superior knowledge from your extra years of Guild Wars experience - you could have answered it, rather than choosing to be snarky.

context, i wasn't being snarky, you took it that way.