Game recording

NVIDIA Shadowplay has a useful feature where you constantly record the last five minutes and then hit a button to save that five minute chunk as a permanent file.

As to program I don’t have much advice because I rarely upload video, so I look it up and make a decision on a per case basis. Adobe is a solid choice as is a free program that I think has “light” in the name.

As for recording settings you should use higher quality settings to get higher quality videos.

Softperfect Ramdisk with a 2gb mount-on-boot A: drive, Nvidia Shadowplay recording 4 minutes back in time 1440p@60fps@50mpbs (yeah I know its a little overkill). I only have an NVME drive in my computer so that's why I use a ramdisk - dont want to constantly write to the ssd. I normally record things in WvW, I've only used the constant record when playing an sPvP round.

Postprocessed in Handbrake to 1440p@60fps CBR (because Shadowplay runs VBR and not true 60fps which fucks up editing). Easy to cut the relevant period, like if you just had a 30s good fight, then you want to cut 3 minutes and 30s from it obviously and it makes it **alot** easier to edit later since you have "finished" clips. Quick encodes with nvenc. You'll want to look up encode settings for Youtube.

Edited with Davinci Resolve because it's the fucking **only** video editor that I've managed to get working ok. And trust me, I tried every "best video editing" app. If they didnt crash, they lagged, they frooze, they took hours to export a 30s clip, they where audio crackling, just plain wouldnt work or was so overly obtuse and complicated it was faster to just hack together clips with Windows Movie Maker. I find Resolve to be incredibly easy at the "simple" things, making a quick sequence of clips with fades, speed up/down, multiple editing tracks etc. The only thing I dont like is that it by default exports videos at like infinite mpbs lol. Have to remember to limit it.