Why are the male Asura so freakishly ugly?

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> Now dont get me wrong, I love Asura, and all 4 of my characters are Asura, and I will never play anything BUT Asura.

> For female Asura, you have 9 faces to choose from, and 3-4 of them are pleasant to look at while the other options are either "grandma" or "ugly disney villain"

>

> But NOT the Male Asura tho... you get only 8 faces to choose from, and only 1 of them is pleasant to look at, that sole option always ends up being my only choice for male asura. The other 7 faces look nightmarish, which makes me sad because we really have no choice! Unless you want to look evil and ugly, you are out of luck!

>

> Would it be too much to get a WoW treatment and give us better faces? Charr also have it bad, and its embarrasing that the best Charr model design belongs to an NPC (Bangar Ruinbringer) and that awesome face is not even player selectable!

Counterpoint. The male asura are too pretty and too aesthetically pleasing. I would like more rugged looks.

Your proclamation that they're ugly is stated as if it is a universal fact. It is not. So what do you find aesthetically displeasing so that others can understand where you're coming from. Otherwise you have a slew of individual opinions that don't actually help anyone with anything other than to say "cool opinion bro."

My complaint would be that in Gw1, there was an asura with whiskers (barbels) named Maamp. In some Gw2 art in the game some of the male asura have...actual FACIAL HAIR.

I want faces with facial hair for the males and I want scars and ripped ears for the females.

i would love some truly grizzly looking asura lol!

> @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> My complaint would be that in Gw1, there was an asura with whiskers (barbels) named Maamp. In some Gw2 art in the game some of the male asura have...actual FACIAL HAIR.

> I want faces with facial hair for the males and I want scars and ripped ears for the females.

> i would love some truly grizzly looking asura lol!

Don't all Asura have facial hair though?

I always imagined them having a short grey (or sometimes brown) fur coat all over their bodies.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> > My complaint would be that in Gw1, there was an asura with whiskers (barbels) named Maamp. In some Gw2 art in the game some of the male asura have...actual FACIAL HAIR.

> > I want faces with facial hair for the males and I want scars and ripped ears for the females.

> > i would love some truly grizzly looking asura lol!

>

> Don't all Asura have facial hair though?

> I always imagined them having a short grey (or sometimes brown) fur coat all over their bodies.

Sadly, no , the asura models in Guild Wars 2 don't have facial hair and armor/costumes (and glitches) reveal that they have no body hair. I seem to recall a developer describing their skin as thick like elephant hide too.

Infact, in the early days there was a heated debate on Tumblr about whether asura hairstyles were wigs or not, so prevalent was the "asura are hairless" idea.

Today however, if you've seen fan art - you know that the game model hasn't held any artists back! A lot of people have asura with sideburns, goatees, full beards and chest hair!

Arenanet please hear our prayers!

> @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> > > My complaint would be that in Gw1, there was an asura with whiskers (barbels) named Maamp. In some Gw2 art in the game some of the male asura have...actual FACIAL HAIR.

> > > I want faces with facial hair for the males and I want scars and ripped ears for the females.

> > > i would love some truly grizzly looking asura lol!

> >

> > Don't all Asura have facial hair though?

> > I always imagined them having a short grey (or sometimes brown) fur coat all over their bodies.

>

> Sadly, no , the asura models in Guild Wars 2 don't have facial hair and armor/costumes (and glitches) reveal that they have no body hair. I seem to recall a developer describing their skin as thick like elephant hide too.

> Infact, in the early days there was a heated debate on Tumblr about whether asura hairstyles were wigs or not, so prevalent was the "asura are hairless" idea.

> Today however, if you've seen fan art - you know that the game model hasn't held any artists back! A lot of people have asura with sideburns, goatees, full beards and chest hair!

> Arenanet please hear our prayers!

Oh well.

In my head canon, they'll always have a fur coat.

That's why we don't see teats on the females that wear revealing chest armour.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> > My complaint would be that in Gw1, there was an asura with whiskers (barbels) named Maamp. In some Gw2 art in the game some of the male asura have...actual FACIAL HAIR.

> > I want faces with facial hair for the males and I want scars and ripped ears for the females.

> > i would love some truly grizzly looking asura lol!

>

> Don't all Asura have facial hair though?

> I always imagined them having a short grey (or sometimes brown) fur coat all over their bodies.

They don't have fur. Concept arts from GW1 had them on the lizard side instead. Hence why female lack boobs.