Remove the ability to nick-name someone who is blocked!

In pvp players get mad and call each other names all the time, so there is no reason why you should be able to block someone and call them names. That’s just ridiculous.

Some people might even use this feature to help them manipulate match making ex. O.o this ranger 1v2d my guard and ele on far all game, I better block and nickname Q-dodge-this so I know when to queue up for ez matches.

Tldr being able to call someone u block in pvp names it’s just too much plz remove

> @"Raizel.1839" said:

> I always nickname people I block with the reason I blocked them, so that I won't forget it in the long run. So no thanks to this idea for me.

But if u have them blocked it’s a done deal, no? There’s no reason to remember stuff about someone who’s blocked, kind of defeats the purpose...

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> No, someone might get released over time if I clean a block list where if you got a nickname you perma-jailed but yeah I use it alot in pvp for duo's esp with the class I play so I don't get stuck solo que into that duo over and over. It barely works as always another duo. I also use many bad words in labeling but no one else can see. It does transfer to the leader-board as I labeled a dude from these forums as hack off map cheat in mini season and that is what's on the leader-board

Brah that’s just nright. Needs to be patched out, hopefully before next big tourney....

Friendlist/blocklist UI is so limited that nicknames are the only thing we can do to order things.

Trust me, if you block "aelska.4609" someday and realize he's in your team an other day, you will really be willing to know if you blocked him because he was selling gold, botting close, cheating, or just being toxic.

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> Friendlist/blocklist UI is so limited that nicknames are the only thing we can do to order things.

> Trust me, if you block "aelska.4609" someday and realize he's in your team an other day, you will really be willing to know if you blocked him because he was selling gold, botting close, cheating, or just being toxic.

No I really won’t. I have 4 ppl blocked in total and that is because they are known to be toxic and insane by the average player in the community, so for one I know who and why everyone on my block list is blocked and 2 there is no reason to block an insane amount of ppl, otherwise I would consider it to be toxic

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Raizel.1839" said:

> > I always nickname people I block with the reason I blocked them, so that I won't forget it in the long run. So no thanks to this idea for me.

>

> Ah, the good ol' hold a grudge indefinitely play. . . So wholesome.

And who are you to judge how I manage my own block list?

> @"Raizel.1839" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > @"Raizel.1839" said:

> > > I always nickname people I block with the reason I blocked them, so that I won't forget it in the long run. So no thanks to this idea for me.

> >

> > Ah, the good ol' hold a grudge indefinitely play. . . So wholesome.

>

> And who are you to judge how I manage my own block list?

Friend, you're on the PvP forums. All we have is judgement dontcha know ;)

> @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> In pvp players get mad and call each other names all the time, so there is no reason why you should be able to block someone and call them names. That’s just ridiculous.

> Some people might even use this feature to help them manipulate match making ex. O.o this ranger 1v2d my guard and ele on far all game, I better block and nickname Q-dodge-this so I know when to queue up for ez matches.

> Tldr being able to call someone u block in pvp names it’s just too much plz remove

Fully agree. Just one thing to add:

In PvP you can just add someone to the friendlist, nickname them and use that to q-dodge. Remove the ability to friendlist people!

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > In pvp players get mad and call each other names all the time, so there is no reason why you should be able to block someone and call them names. That’s just ridiculous.

> > Some people might even use this feature to help them manipulate match making ex. O.o this ranger 1v2d my guard and ele on far all game, I better block and nickname Q-dodge-this so I know when to queue up for ez matches.

> > Tldr being able to call someone u block in pvp names it’s just too much plz remove

>

> Fully agree. Just one thing to add:

> In PvP you can just add someone to the friendlist, nickname them and use that to q-dodge. Remove the ability to friendlist people!

Agreed otherwise we should make gw2 so socially awkward that ppl cannot make friends that’ll at least nerf this op friendslist